1,301 (edited by Obi Wan Kenobi 2015-04-16 07:11:54)

Re: Spark Teleports

+1 for cool down on STP.

Also the thread that will never go away ?

Edit: Page 53 Hype!

God look at how many posts & views this 1 thread has had!

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

This thread has more posts than people who play this game.

/thread hijack.  Couldn't resist.    Add it to the fire boys. Let's create some content!  wh00t!   I'm drunk.

Kayin Prime wrote:

This thread has more posts than people who play this game.

/thread hijack.  Couldn't resist.    Add it to the fire boys. Let's create some content!  wh00t!   I'm drunk.

never stop posting

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

1,304 (edited by Burial 2015-04-16 12:38:25)

Perpetuum wrote:
Burial wrote:

Look how small the world is. Anyone seriously wanting to siege anything at the other side of the map won't mind the 15 min travel.

What a terrible defense to do nothing about this matter at all.

Hey guys they can do it in 15 min, so instant is just as the same....right?

It should be a 23 hour CD.

About a year ago.

Dude, siegers doing the 15 min travel every so weeks isn't a problem. Anyone else doing other mundane content being constantly forced to do the 15 min travel is.

Burial wrote:
Perpetuum wrote:
Burial wrote:

Look how small the world is. Anyone seriously wanting to siege anything at the other side of the map won't mind the 15 min travel.

What a terrible defense to do nothing about this matter at all.

Hey guys they can do it in 15 min, so instant is just as the same....right?

It should be a 23 hour CD.

About a year ago.

Dude, siegers doing the 15 min travel every so weeks isn't a problem. Anyone else doing other mundane content being constantly forced to do the 15 min travel is.

That would make the game world even smaller

You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

With the new teleport layout coming soon we could remove or add cool down for Sparking. Missions and resource gathering will be less traveling with the new field terminals, this change alone with tp back to terminal, is huge.

Although there still needs to be a time constraint between island travels so as to have a larger game world. If it's boring then maybe we should find some mechanic to get entertained on our travels , surprisingly Observers and red npcs on alpha that was removed added to that needed unpredictability to moving around the game.

RIP PERPETUUM

so many factors for the "size" of the gameworld.

• long range detection

• fast traveling on terrain

• nothing intresting, if anything "happening" within the visual range

• 3rd person camera - facing the center of the own robot.

• Zoomed in your robot is blocking your view, HuD icons overlapping into a blob without any depth.

• Zoomed out the sense for scale, LoS and Speed is gone completely

• instant travel from one side of the map to the other with spark teleporting

• very fast travel with teleport beacons only delayed by bandaid PvP mechanics.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Anni put some words together to form things, yet it says nothing at all.

Good Work.

Also Burial you just made the same argument, again.

I am Perpetuum.

Are you joking? Millions of years of evolution and you come up with that.

Well gentlemen let's look at other MMOs:

Take World of Warcraft PVP servers for instant.

Areas where Horde and Alliance can intermingle turn into FFA brawls where players camp the living *** out of one another as long as there is someone doing something.  But the main two bases of operations take several minutes to get two.

ArcheAge:

You have to use items you craft that use labor with a limited pool.  Or you can buy.

These are two games with very limited penalties for death and they still have limitations on how fast you can move across the game world.

We have a perma death system.  You can lose a lot of money with 1 bad decision in this game.  As Anni points out there are a lot of things that need to be fixed:

Sparks need a global cooldown, period.
Mobile Teleports need their cost increased by X 10.
The internal island networks need to be streamlined, but I truly think there needs to be a gap from where you can teleport inner island to exiting the island.  That size needs to be 2500 to 4000 M and it doesn't need to be highway.
We need Medium plates to have their weight increased.  A fully plated heavy mech should not run 72.  It should run 30.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

What's this thread about?

Ville wrote:

Areas where Horde and Alliance can intermingle turn into FFA brawls where players camp the living *** out of one another as long as there is someone doing something.  But the main two bases of operations take several minutes to get two.

ArcheAge:

You have to use items you craft that use labor with a limited pool.  Or you can buy.

These are two games with very limited penalties for death and they still have limitations on how fast you can move across the game world.

We have a perma death system.  You can lose a lot of money with 1 bad decision in this game.  As Anni points out there are a lot of things that need to be fixed:

The internal island networks need to be streamlined, but I truly think there needs to be a gap from where you can teleport inner island to exiting the island.  That size needs to be 2500 to 4000 M and it doesn't need to be highway.
We need Medium plates to have their weight increased.  A fully plated heavy mech should not run 72.  It should run 30.

Just stick to the Cooldown.  All of your other "points" suck, and are terrible ideas.

I am Perpetuum.

Ville wrote:

ArcheAge:

Pure win in this statement

Ville wrote:

ArcheAge:

+1 But lets be honest DEVs are not going to change STP...

1,315 (edited by Kayin Prime 2015-04-18 06:07:44)

... The devs   "fixed" interzone teleports to gamma by "moving" the islands further away from the other islands on their little pixel map. 

And you want them to actually write code for this?  Haven't you learned by now the only code that comes is the code they want to write for whatever sounds cool at that week.  *** you and *** everyone's ideas for a better game. This is their game.

Go buy another alt.  Give them the mac and cheese so they can *** out another feature.   That is the way of things.

-K

interzone teleports got "fixed"? instead of moving the islands out that strange way, they could have just removed the interzones until game world is bigger again.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

2c: Remove Spark TP once new teleport network & highway system is done.

Annihilator wrote:

interzone teleports got "fixed"? instead of moving the islands out that strange way, they could have just removed the interzones until game world is bigger again.

Hungarian Logic. Dont fix the direct cause of the problem.... Fix something else.

Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:
Annihilator wrote:

Hungarian Logic. Dont fix the direct cause of the problem.... Fix something else.

Or just remove the problem instead of fixing it.  ie Police towers

RIP PERPETUUM

1,320 (edited by Obi Wan Kenobi 2015-04-18 13:40:30)

Celebro wrote:
Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:
Annihilator wrote:

Or just remove the problem instead of fixing it.  ie Police towers

That would also work smile tho just removing a mechanic is the lazy / quick fix. Even police towers could have worked if the DEVs had wanted to put the time into it. TBH those could have been very cool.

But for goodness sake dont leave broken sh*t in the game.

Ok i haven't read the entire 53 pages to this post.  But an idea that popped into my head was, Instead of a global cooldown for sparks how about limiting ur spark destinations to faction islands.  Make it so you can only jump to/from same faction islands.  Or how about the further you jump the longer the cooldown i.e. if you jump from same faction islands it's like a 10m cool down, however, if you jump from Blue beta to Red beta there's a 2 hr cool down.  If this were to be implemented how about a 10-15second grace period for those "Oh snap i jumped to the wrong place" moments.

Ok i haven't read the entire 53 pages to this post.  But an idea that popped into my head was, Instead of a global cooldown for sparks how about limiting ur spark destinations to faction islands.  Make it so you can only jump to/from same faction islands.  Or how about the further you jump the longer the cooldown i.e. if you jump from same faction islands it's like a 10m cool down, however, if you jump from Blue beta to Red beta there's a 2 hr cool down.  If this were to be implemented how about a 10-15second grace period for those "Oh snap i jumped to the wrong place" moments.

Rovoc wrote:

its not a bad idea - for that you first need to implement the factions to be more then just an island color theme. Even after the next mission patch, you will be able to have top standing with all three factions, which would be the only logical limiting factor under the current "faction less" player system.

but down to the fact, spark teleporting is doing more harm then good - even the purpose it was initially implemented for  was something undesirable.

beeing able to instant-hop between all alpha terminals to "manage market orders". Yes, spark teleporting helped those three veterans controling the whole alpha market without need to ever deploy their market alts to terrain.

alts are the other "problematic" factor with a spark cooldown. leaving spark teleport in, with a cooldown, will just give those with alts a greater advantage over those without them. (with cooldown you can be move fast between two locations, with a single alt, you can be at four, with three at 6...)

So the alt argument is invalid.

More alts, more money to the game, win.  This also equals a illision of more players, win.  Oh and More Money.

I am Perpetuum.

Rovoc wrote:

The faction limit is a good idea to consider. The another part also good, so more distance more cooldown.

Yes that dont solve the alt problems, but nobody has unlimited full EP alts so it ends somewhere.

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD