Topic: How is the game/population?

Just thinking about coming back to the game.

Really enjoyed it when I played before and am just curious as to what the population is like now.

And how is the balancing? Anything particularly OP at the moment?

Cheers.

Re: How is the game/population?

First when did you last play?

The game currently hits enough people to count on your fingers & toes thru most of the day.

Balancing: has been thrown out the window. Hope you havnt trained any green mechs. they were nerfed into the ground both directly & indirectly.

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

pop is rather small (still). but does not mean there is no fun. we have fun fights and stuff is happening. on a smaller scale as we have seen, but still fun.

we had a reballance patch a few months ago where the greens (old flavor of the month bot) have been hit a bit hard. most green pilots are still angry when they were put from flavor of the month to slighly under avarage. but they still work.
yellows are favored at. but blues are not far behind. and as always. situation on the batlefield and your player skills still count for a lot.

if you enjoied it before then just hop in. no monthly fees. so its easy enough. find some cool dudes to hang out with and have fun.

I lurked around today wondering the same thing.  This is the summary:

- Though gen chat might have 30+ alts the actual population truly is about 8 people.
- CIR/77 is still evil and ruining (present tense) the game for the 8 people that play it. 
- Everyone hates everyone unless directly asked then everyone loves everyone.
- Whatever happened 10 years ago is clearly still more important than what's going on today.
- Feature/Bugfix forums are very active with suggestions from everyone who's ever played this game basically illustrating that something is wrong but nobody *really* knows what. 
- Alpha is where you play the game (walk around in your robot)
- Beta is where you sit on a teleporters yelling "na na na boo boo you can't catch me!"
- Gamma is where you artifact (walk around in your robot picking up garbage) and sight see still unresolved bugs.
- My ticket that I submitted a ticket about 7 months ago - complete with math calc and screenshots clearly demonstrating a bug has still not been acknowledged.

So..mostly the same.  I'll check back in about 6 months.

-K

there are more than 8 people playing if you look on the steam page the pop is on a slight rise and gen chat never has been a fair number when it comes to online pop but the pop is still small.

It's bad.

It is bad.

You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

steamcharts say 10 people playing.

so....

Phantomburn wrote:

It is bad.

Burial wrote:

It's bad.

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Scareing people away wont make it better -_-

10 (edited by Blocker 2015-04-16 01:40:42)

Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:

so....

Phantomburn wrote:

It is bad.

Burial wrote:

It's bad.

so everyone uses steam to launch/play the game right ? If you're going to use this as some sort of validation for your bias against the game then you're more bitter and jaded than I thought.

We have 10 active people just in our corp ya numpty, and nearly all of them don't use steam..

I think your axe needs more sharpening Obi, better get to some more grinding.

I'm used to 60 people in one TS.  So seeing 29 in GC makes me feel sad.

12 (edited by Obi Wan Kenobi 2015-04-16 07:06:29)

Blocker wrote:
Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:

so....

Phantomburn wrote:

It is bad.

Burial wrote:

It's bad.

so everyone uses steam to launch/play the game right ? If you're going to use this as some sort of validation for your bias against the game then you're more bitter and jaded than I thought.

We have 10 active people just in our corp ya numpty, and nearly all of them don't use steam..

I think your axe needs more sharpening Obi, better get to some more grinding.

nah my axe is fine. I know what its like when the game gets this small. seen it happen many times now. Its just this time around I cant bring my self to actively play.
Am I a bitter vet? Sure am. Why you ask?
Well what really got my goat this is seeing the population tanking like it had & then idiotic patches that seem to show a disconnect with reality.
Im just tired of seeing DEV incompetence so many times over the past 5 years.  So why do I hang around? Car crash syndrome & the knowledge that some times these DEVs pull pure brilliance out of their collective ***.

T3xasp3t3 wrote:

Scareing people away wont make it better -_-

Devs do a better job at that than the player base has ever manged to smile

13 (edited by Kayin Prime 2015-04-16 07:22:15)

- People arguing that it's not really X people playing the game but Y.  Where both X and Y are less than the number of people you will see at an IHop at 3am on a Wednesday.

Kayin Prime wrote:

- People arguing that it's not really X people playing the game but Y.  Where both X and Y are less than the number of people you will see at an IHop at 3am on a Wednesday.

Not arguing about anything, but good job on completely missing my point.

Blocker wrote:
Kayin Prime wrote:

Not arguing about anything, but good job on completely missing my point.

woooosh

Kayin Prime wrote:

QFT.

Sometimes I have to wait a few minutes for the log-in queue to clear and let me in.

Played in 2010 for a bit then came back in 2012 and then haven't been back since..... so it's been a while.

Glad to see the forums are quite active or are you one player on alt accounts smile

I think I'm happy to pop down the £20 and give it a whirl.

Honestly I cannot remember what I had trained as it has been quite a while as I say, I'll await payday at the end of the month and see how it goes. Most time I'll have to play is in the evening UK time.

Cheers for all the feedback so far guys, appreciated.

Logicalis wrote:

Played in 2010 for a bit then came back in 2012 and then haven't been back since..... so it's been a while.

Glad to see the forums are quite active or are you one player on alt accounts smile

Honestly I cannot remember what I had trained as it has been quite a while as I say, I'll await payday at the end of the month and see how it goes. Most time I'll have to play is in the evening UK time.

If you played in 2010 and 2012, you shouldn't have to buy the game.  It should be free for you to play now.

Altera wrote:
Logicalis wrote:

If you played in 2010 and 2012, you shouldn't have to buy the game.  It should be free for you to play now.

Yes, if you have paid 3 months or over no need to pay again just log in. smile

RIP PERPETUUM

or you just check this:
https://secure.perpetuum-online.com/account/status/

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear