Re: New devblog: Random assignments - The final details

by all you must mean all of the people not in my gang.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Perpetuum wrote:

Just about all the vets in the game used a small yet simple exploit to max all of there standings out.  With very little time investment at all.

what are you talking about? there is an exploit to get even faster standing then you can get currently? i mean, most new player i have talked to since the last patch got their npc standings maxed in a few days after overcomming the t4 assault fitting difficulty due to extensionpoint limits.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

I still can get maxed standings in a few days.  It's quite simple.

You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

Really short term memories in here, but I expect nothing less!

I am Perpetuum.

after a few days thinking and talking about the content of this blog:

1. if the rewards are automatically scaled with squad size - i hope the penalties are too. If i remember that right, before you have removed the negative standing completely, you had removed it for squadmates, or lowered it.

2. multiply that standing number with a factor of 10% please... whats the point of having 0.4 standing, instead 4% ?
the theoretical max standing currently is "10"... why not "100%" ?
which brings me to the next question:

3. will something around 7 (aka 70%) still be the max NPC standing reach-able and will you keep the 100% for player owned bases only?

4. how will the difficulty actually increase, and how will the reward be split?
If i am in a 20 player squad, doing a mission on island X, while most of those are doing stuff on island y and z and *** - will i just have to run two RSA/RR bots on follow with my t4 maxed mk2 heavy mech and get the full squad bonus, but have have to fear all the reward beeing split to into 20 fractions? (aka 17-19 agents get rewarded for not even helping?)

5. due to the negative impact on my relation with other megacorps - will you keep the zero-choice gamble mission selector, or will it offer multiple missions with a forseeable relation impact to choose from?

last but not least
max two weeks until it hits PTS?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

anni i think (and hope) that the rewards will be set by the ppl that accually take part in the mission. so they have to be present on terrain within a distance when a certain goal is reached. so the server should track who is peresnet and at how many goals. then the rewards can be split according to participation. which is not realy hard to do.

this will stop reward and standing leaching by just joining a squad.

or even better. you could do that automatically. then there would be no need to take a assighnment for a squad.
so the game can check how many of a squad there are in the mission area. according to that difficulty and rewards could automatically be adjusted.
if player try to "cheat" by bringing in more players after the event has been triggered then it will not be a big problem. ppl comming late will not be part of the rewards. yes they will make it more easy to complete, but we already have that in a sandbox. its no closed instance where you can regualte that anyways.

its a standard in games that you only reward and count those who participated towards the mission goal.

the reward scaling is a bit tricky, given that we have not only combat missions, but also transports and production goals.   If someone triggers a max-reward spawn, and then disbands squad - then he should just get as much reward as if the squad would have been together all the time. (actually combined with the first statement, only those participating get their share)

spawns triggerd for a 10-player group, should not be easy beatable by an min-max multiboxing player - for example spawning shielded ewar npcs with improved AI (one that can use cover and energy management) that require the player group to field EWAR on their own.

well for me its hard to see group missions for production and transportation ^^

transportation would be doable with convoys but i agree with production

production group missions?
collect 20 different CTs from dispensers all over the island and consume them and deliver the result in X minutes.

something someone with one account could do by using all production lines just for that mission, or multiple guys by splitting up the effort.
I don't know how much the "speed bonus" is in that zoom mentioned over the years several times, for those solving mission goals faster.

We are in the middle of April when's testing?

You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

Phantomburn wrote:

A valid question indeed..

Any news Zoom on when we might expect to see it hit the test server ?

Blocker wrote:
Phantomburn wrote:

A valid question indeed..

Any news Zoom on when we might expect to see it hit the test server ?

DEV Zoom wrote:

I don't have an exact ETA on the PTS at this time, but April is certain.

2 weeks left

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

So nearly 1 week left in April smile

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

It should be done by April 31 .
Of next year

Optimist: PTS is down, sign for moving new system to Test server
Pessimist: PTS is down because it crashed again and nobody cares.

167 (edited by Goshka 2015-04-26 15:41:42)

The only thing I would ask for is...for industry assignments, please, STOP transforming em into DPS assignments. Wasn't at all fun lvling my indy char. Especially when you go on an argano for some CT mission and a spawn of lights appears on top of you.

That will change yes.

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

169 (edited by Zortarg 2015-04-27 10:11:48)

Goshka wrote:

The only thing I would ask for is...for industry assignments, please, STOP transforming em into DPS assignments. Wasn't at all fun lvling my indy char. Especially when you go on an argano for some CT mission and a spawn of lights appears on top of you.

run forrest run...

tick tock 3 days to go

Hi Zoom!  April is rapidly closing, do you and the guys still plan on hitting the pts soon?  Thanks.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

It Looks: PVP Corporation is very interested in PvE content ... fresh ... to search for bugs and their use? big_smile

I'm interested to know as well. Looking forward to test it.

We're entering internal testing&balancing phase in a few days so public testing is still a week or two out unfortunately.

as long as there is progress im happy