51 (edited by Celebro 2012-04-12 16:05:17)

Re: Devblogs: Summary

Updated Summary of DEV blogs: Yellow = Not yet ingame

Edit: Seen some players coming back, a quick read will get you up to speed wink

RIP PERPETUUM

Suggestions:
hmm, definition wise, you can count "Walls and Proxies" as "Player (built?) deployed structures"

for the Scarab: implemented but still lacking own animations wink

future: Industry 2.0 announced but no details given

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Thanks Anni, updated with Industry 2.0.

RIP PERPETUUM

It's been really quiet, either the devs are hard at work polishing up the patch, or they hit a road block and said f-it and took a vacation. big_smile

Arga wrote:

It's been really quiet, either the devs are hard at work polishing up the patch, or they hit a road block and said f-it and took a vacation. big_smile

lol Hope they all didn't leave at once, I am really disappointed about the next patch announced coming in Easter, now we get test server fine.. but when is it coming? sad

RIP PERPETUUM

Celebro wrote:
Arga wrote:

lol Hope they all didn't leave at once, I am really disappointed about the next patch announced coming in Easter, now we get test server fine.. but when is it coming? sad

I saw someone ask that in general chat just a day or two ago, and the DEV who was online said there was no official date yet. sad

I asked in IRC if the test server would come around end of April and the response I got was "That seems about right".  Let me clarify that I did not ask if it was 2012 or 2013 though.  big_smile

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Ville wrote:

I asked in IRC if the test server would come around end of April and the response I got was "That seems about right".  Let me clarify that I did not ask if it was 2012 or 2013 though.  big_smile

2014?

I hope not.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

*bump*

Initial post needs an update, and then...

Question to the DEVs: what happend to the 2x2 islands you have been working on? I saw it with my own eyes a year ago when i was at your office.

Did it turn out impossible or what? And if yes, why? what was the problem?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

Slighty more Updated O.P. wink

@ Anni thanks for the bump, I don't think continents is a priority atm as you well know, probably busy with PVE and new player experience. Anyway any info on 2x2 island is welcome.

RIP PERPETUUM

Annihilator wrote:

Question to the DEVs: what happend to the 2x2 islands you have been working on? I saw it with my own eyes a year ago when i was at your office.

Well I'm probably the only one who will give you an answer to that, but I wasn't on that project so I'm not even sure what the goal of it was...

BoyC has been experimenting with being able to see neighbouring islands on the terrain with some success, but that's just the terrain, no robots or anything could be seen over the border.

The experimental 2x2 island was built in a way that the seams had natural borders, like big mountains that you couldn't possibly pass. So you could still only use interzone teleports to get around the quadrants... and there is no real point in doing that. In terms of game mechanics that would have been exactly the same as any islands now close to each other. And it couldn't have been a terraformable island either because it's impossible to properly sync and weld the border seams. The whole thing would have been a pure aesthetic gimmick on the world map, but it's too much work just for that.

so, basicly, your still stuck with the one-instance-one island system even after rewriting the code for terraforming and reducing the memory usage of the mineral "layer".

I think i can understand where the obstacles are as its rather easy experience some of them when you open the worldmap or when you terraform allot...

I'm a bit dissapointed to hear that it didnt work out... but at least there was the info about that - thanks allot.

Extremely bored, decided to update this, because so many changes are all over the place.

Enjoy!

RIP PERPETUUM

Throwing out a "Good Work" to you.

I am Perpetuum.

Perpetuum wrote:

"Thanks!"

RIP PERPETUUM

Celebro wrote:
Perpetuum wrote:

"Thanks!"

Well Done.

As always the forums are more interesting than the game. smile

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

what did you change, except writing your subjective remarks about the incomplete rebalance pass into the existing list?

69 (edited by Celebro 2015-04-09 15:00:03)

Annihilator wrote:

what did you change, except writing your subjective remarks about the incomplete rebalance pass into the existing list?

I haven't changed anything, I have updated from April 2012 on-wards. 

What subjective remarks do you speak of? There are only facts there.

RIP PERPETUUM

Yea *****, Facts.

I am Perpetuum.