Topic: Questions & advice after 2.5 yrs.

Hi all,
Logged in last night for the first time in about 2.5 yrs. Thinking I'm gonna casually play again for awhile. I'm reading patch notes & the help guide to remember how everything works & what all is changed, there has been a bit.

I've got 2 accounts(1 combat, 1 industrial). Each has roughly 140k EP spent in their respective roles and is sitting on another roughly 140k of available EP. This account, the industrial alt, is going to take quite some time to figure how I'm speccing it. The research and mining changes since last I played are big.

My combat alt is currently sitting in a Seth(pew pew lasers ftw), and has most of the basics(I think?) covered extension wise. I grabbed the latest version of Perpetuum Planner and while not 100% current, it is still helpful for trying to decide where to put my available EP. Here are my current extensions & what I was thinking for dumping points in. Let me know if anything seems horribly off.  tongue  I'm mostly a solo PvE player atm.

Extension -- Current level -- New level

ELECTRONICS:
Accel target lock -- 5 -- 10
Data processing -- 7 -- 10
Demob -- 1
Jamming electronics -- 5
Long distance EW -- 2
Long range target -- 5 -- 10
Sensor connection -- 1
Sensor suppress -- 1
Targeting -- 3 -- 5

ENGINEERING:
Accel armor rep -- 5
Accel reload -- 3 -- 5
Accu expansion -- 5 -- 8
Complex mechanics -- 5 -- 9
Econ armor use -- 5
Econ weapon use -- 5
Efficient energy transfer -- 3
Energy manage -- 5 -- 8
Improve armor rep -- 2
Mechanics -- 5
Optimized armor use -- 5
Optimized engineering -- 1
Optimized shield -- 1
Optimized weapon -- 5
Reactor expansion -- 7 -- 10

WEAPON USAGE:
Adv kinematics -- 5
Adv optics -- 5
Basic ballistics -- 1
Basic kinematics -- 5
Basic optics -- 5
Critical hit -- 5
General firing -- 5
Improved falloff -- 1
Missile launch -- 1
Precision firing -- 9
Rapid-firing -- 5
Sharpshooting -- 5 -- 9
Target analysis -- 5

NEXUS:
Basic squad -- 1

ROBOT CONTROL:
Adv robotics -- 5
Basic robotics -- 5
Combat robotics -- 1 -- 5
Industrial robot -- 4
Thelodica -- 8

Re: Questions & advice after 2.5 yrs.

Honestly the biggest bonus you could nab on your level would be Adv Robotics.

You could pour all the EP into Adv Robotics 10 and Thelodica 10 and get it out of the way, those skills are a month+ wait each to get to 10. Energy management 10 is always a good choice too, another ~month of waiting for that one.

Alternatively leave the big ones for last, get all your gunnery & engineering skills to a comfortable 8ish-10ish.

Don't bother with ballistics, missile launch (never mix gun types on a robot) and basic squad. For comparison, I have ~2M EP and I'm not even close to the point where my character is maxxed enough to start cross-specializing into missile weapons & missile robots.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

3 (edited by Hunter 2015-04-06 13:36:18)

What about this topic?

The theory of mutual interests
Why the crybabies wins?
Где Ханя - там победа (с)
DEV Zoom: No need to speculate...

Thanks Syndic. I'll play around with maxing Thel & Adv robotics control in the planner & see what that leaves me with.

A couple of other questions:

Can a person be affected by more than 1 remote sensor amp? I thought a person could only be amp'd from 1 but noticed I have 2 equipped on my support Riveler for some reason. What about equipping a sensor amp & being remote amp'd, does that stack?

Is there any limit to how many remote armor reps or energy transfer modules a player can be targeted with at once?

I'm sure I'll have plenty more questions later once I have some spare time to start actually playing again. big_smile

You can have any two sensor boosting modules, so 2 amps and no remotes, 2 remotes and no amps or 1 of each.

You can have unlimited reps and transfers.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Syndic wrote:

I have ~2M EP and I'm not even close to the point where my character is maxxed enough to start cross-specializing into missile weapons & missile robots.

Your a scrub... I have done it big_smile 2M club signing in.

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue