Topic: QoL: Z-Buffer and stuff for Terrain-element overlay

Thats IMHO one of the oldests complaints i have about the HUD.

All the HUD icons are flat and uniform scaled. There is not a single idicator for a target beeing closer then another regarding the size or color of HUD-Icon. There is no difference if a target is behind or infront of a hill.

If i remember right, using any form of 3D display (eg. Shutter glasses or Occulus) gives you a headache because the HUD is rendered as a flat at the same plane as the chat and windows.

why i bring that up?
because the next mission patch adds even more overlay icons over mission targets.
I can barely see the targets at a few meters range now if tere are more then 1 locked standing close together. With even more blobs of opaque red dots rendered over those targets the game turns even more ugly.

Could go more into detail, but only if requested.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Re: QoL: Z-Buffer and stuff for Terrain-element overlay

Egh, doesn't really bother me much.

You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

Phantomburn wrote:

i know,
you don't use any VR device to play (sounds painfull for multi(is-)boxing),
and you prefer blaming plants for causing lag instead of avoiding to shoot them.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:
Phantomburn wrote:

i know,
you don't use any VR device to play (sounds painfull for multi(is-)boxing),
and you prefer blaming plants for causing lag instead of avoiding to shoot them.

Off-topic: Shouldn't really have to worry about avoiding to shoot cover, just to avoid ruining everyone's pvp experience because of lag.

As you said, with the next patch there are even more icons added, if we now add another one for range, and one for cover, that will cause a headache even without using VR. I'd like a more customizable HUD though, but that's another topic.