Re: Post Balancing Patch.

That's true, the devs need to shift the heavy meta away from machine guns, though. More shortcomings.

102 (edited by Nooodlzs 2015-03-31 18:22:11)

Zortarg wrote:

just because most of you green pilots prefer to cry and not play, does not make it true that these bots are useless.
yes kb is dominated by blue and yellow atm.
taking into consideration how few ppl play the game this sais nothing of any worth if you know how statistics work.

hell im at first place. not that i ever had the intention for it. and of couce i pilot blue and yellow. because thats what i skilled for for 4 years. we did not skill the flavor of the month when greens were OP. and now you cry because you are no longer op. now you have a bit less then others... falling from high above hurts. still i see no valid numbers and arguments why its that bad that its not viable to play.

Green bots have never really been OP, with a skilled pilot, good tactics and FC, any bot can dominate, Lobo has been killing green bots solo all his playing time, in an arbelest.

You all seem pretty happy at the state of the game now, you know the Ictus is worthless and admit it in vieled terms, you also know a balanced Ictus would be the death of your injected double rep heavies, instead of admitting the Ictus is too weak to counter your prefered meta, you want to limit enwar out of the game entirely by removing heavies ability to do it.

The choices of fits and viable fleet compositions are ever getting smaller.

Nooodlzs wrote:
Zortarg wrote:

just because most of you green pilots prefer to cry and not play, does not make it true that these bots are useless.
taking into consideration how few ppl play the game this sais nothing of any worth if you know how statistics work.

hell im at first place. not that i ever had the intention for it. and of couce i pilot blue and yellow. because thats what i skilled for for 4 years. we did not skill the flavor of the month when greens were OP. and now you cry because you are no longer op. now you have a bit less then others... falling from high above hurts. still i see no valid numbers and arguments why its that bad that its not viable to play.

Green bots have never really been OP, with a skilled pilot, good tactics and FC, any bot can dominate, Lobo has been killing green bots solo all his playing time, in an arbelest.

You all seem pretty happy at the state of the game now, you know the Ictus is worthless and admit it in vieled terms, you also know a balanced Ictus would be the death of your injected double rep heavies, instead of admitting the Ictus is too weak to counter your prefered meta, you want to limit enwar out of the game entirely by removing heavies ability to do it.

Such rubbish. The ictus is as useful and as flawed as the zenith and vaga. Dry your eyes.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Nooodlzs wrote:
Zortarg wrote:

This is so true.  It's trying to be suppressed by the opposition in the forums. 

Nerfing the Seth only boasts the repper fit even more!  Incoming more Jita suppression comments!

You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

Jita wrote:

Such rubbish. The ictus is as useful and as flawed as the zenith and vaga. Dry your eyes.

No tears Jita I'm afraid, so your sex wee was premature, I have a machine gun seth alt also which is my go to character now, although I would prefer to pilot my Ictus but the Seth has so much more to offer in the fights available.

Burial wrote:
Nooodlzs wrote:
Burial wrote:

You are way, wayyy overly dramatic. If EW mechs were that terrible, people wouldn't use them at all.

They aren't, check the killboards, I only use an Ictus because that is all I can pilot, now I don't play because they are one shotted by machine gun heavies, go figure.

But that is what you have been whining for for as long as I can remember Burial, you have always wanted to be able to stomp arounnd in full head tuner heavies, now you can and do.

Two elements resonate in the Ictus threads, 1) machine gun heavies screwing up Ictus and 2) heavies neuting better than Ictus.

Fix those and Ictus is way better off than now.

its kinda funny, since when i started to play, there was a challange in accumulator management, and injectors have been a must-have legslot item for yellow bots.
the later changed after jitas' successfull "nerf injector charges" call near end of beta, and the other part changed over time from so many "i'm not capstable whith T4 Long range weapons while solo-farming NPCs".
Also, balancing robots by mass of the equipped modules was never a good system (as seen in years of armless ***), where the speed difference between a full T2 fitted, and a T4 fitted bot is the T4 one running faster (T4 LWF vs. T2) and the mixed fit has hardly any speed difference at all.

weapons have been planned with RPS balance, but they all provide you with an universally usefull ammo, negating most "resist" differences between the bots by default.
medium firearms are gattling-guns that fire 20 rounds per volley, but consume only 1 round... think about it.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Nooodlzs wrote:

Dude, GET *** REAL for a minute. It takes 4 minutes for Mesmer to regain 50% accumulator or 2 with injector running once neuted out.

Burial wrote:

Dude, GET *** REAL for a minute. It takes 4 minutes for Mesmer to regain 50% accumulator or 2 with injector running once neuted out.

And this is the reason why we can't have balanced bots, anything that takes away your power to shoot people in the face is bad, your Mesmer destroys an Ictus in the state it is in, so why field one?

Burial wrote:

weanwhile the ictus can fire one t4 neut every 5 seconds capstable

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

110 (edited by Burial 2015-03-31 19:25:34)

Ictus drops a heavy from 50 to 0 in 20-30 seconds(2-3 volleys). Heavy regains back up to 50 in 2-4 minutes. You think it's balanced if Ictus drops a heavy down to 0 in 1 volley?? Complete. Bonkers.

Nooodlzs wrote:

And this is the reason why we can't have balanced bots, anything that takes away your power to shoot people in the face is bad, your Mesmer destroys an Ictus in the state it is in, so why field one?

Well, contrary to you, I enjoy playing with all of the robots not just Ictus.

Burial wrote:

Ictus drops a heavy from 50 to 0 in 20-30 seconds(2-3 volleys). Heavy regains back up to 50 in 2-4 minutes. You think it's balanced if Ictus drops a heavy down to 0 in 1 volley?? Complete. Bonkers.

A machine gun Seth with PvP ammo can kill an Ictus in approx 20 seconds, you are out of cap for 2 mins max, less if you field logistics, guess what though YOU AREN'T DEAD.

In other words, you want it balanced against weapon type that by definition is neutralization immune. Do you understand it throws laser and magnetic users under the bus? In all seriousness, yes, machine guns need a nerf.

Nooodlzs wrote:
Burial wrote:

A machine gun Seth with PvP ammo can kill an Ictus in approx 20 seconds, you are out of cap for 2 mins max, less if you field logistics, guess what though YOU AREN'T DEAD.

who shoots with an ictus on a machinegun seth, or walks right infront of it? i guess the same guy that tries to kill a shield castel mk2 with a medium EM-Guns...

Annihilator wrote:

the later changed after jitas' successfull "nerf injector charges" call near end of beta

Do you remember them though? You could basically tank anything forever with the old injector charges and pre nerf shields.

Joke used both heavily and asked for both to be nerfed. *** my own fits since 2011 big_smile

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Nooodlzs wrote:
Burial wrote:

The ictus tank has not changed since pre nerf. Nothing about your post has changed apart from your constant tears.

Jita wrote:

The ictus tank has not changed since pre nerf. Nothing about your post has changed apart from your constant tears.

Once again, personal insults, you posted an extremely biased video showing a mesmer getting neuted dry, we both know that was not true, now you're saying the Ictus tank has not changed but it has and you know it, the recharge rate is down pre patch and it uses MUCH more accumalator to remove less charge now.

Just tried that on test server, machine gun seth kills Ictus Mk2 in 18 seconds using chemo ammo, it lost 10% of it's accumalator from Ictus neuting.

So using PvP ammo an Ictus would die a lot faster than 18 seconds.

Why field them, what use are they, you still haven't annswered my question, just defending your own stompy in your face playstyle.

Annihilator wrote:

who shoots with an ictus on a machinegun seth, or walks right infront of it? i guess the same guy that tries to kill a shield castel mk2 with a medium EM-Guns...

Exactly, you don't field Ictus with the fights that are happening now.

a machinegun seth always could have done that... so, why is it bad now?
seth lost 2-3%dps, ictus lost 2% shield strength, but gained 3% recharge. I don't want to bring out the spreadsheets, but that argument is moot.

even in beta i already ran seth with neuts and firearms effectively, so its nothing new either.

well, you don't bring a knife to a gunfight, do you?

Burial wrote:

In other words, you want it balanced against weapon type that by definition is neutralization immune. Do you understand it throws laser and magnetic users under the bus? In all seriousness, yes, machine guns need a nerf.

No I do not want them balanced against machine guns, I want Ictus balanced against heavies and mechs, pre patch they were pretty balanced, maybe a little too strong, they still died though and good fights with Ictus on both sides were had, now they are a liability and don't get fielded, better being in a DPS bot as atm short range damage and tanking are King, the Ictus is the natural counter to that type of gameplay yet it is not competitive to use them.

So...... How does an Ictus get close enough to a seth to die.  Average skills on a machinegun seth puts optimum range @ 90.  An Ictus can neut, without an extension, around 300-350.  Also the seth is running at what... 95 maybe 98 i would estimate the ictus around 110?  Are we brawling with an Ictus?

Annihilator wrote:

a machinegun seth always could have done that... so, why is it bad now?
seth lost 2-3%dps, ictus lost 2% shield strength, but gained 3% recharge. I don't want to bring out the spreadsheets, but that argument is moot.

even in beta i already ran seth with neuts and firearms effectively, so its nothing new either.

well, you don't bring a knife to a gunfight, do you?

It Lost 50% of it's neuting power but you left that out too.  The big purple elephant no one wants to talk about is that a neut is dependent on TERRAIN.  They increased the plant layer too, further nerfing the Ictus.

You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

Nooodlzs wrote:
Burial wrote:

Nooodlzs wrote:
Burial wrote:

No I do not want them balanced against machine guns, I want Ictus balanced against heavies and mechs, pre patch they were pretty balanced, maybe a little too strong, they still died though and good fights with Ictus on both sides were had, now they are a liability and don't get fielded, better being in a DPS bot as atm short range damage and tanking are King, the Ictus is the natural counter to that type of gameplay yet it is not competitive to use them.

Spot your contradictions.

Ictus IS balanced against heavies and mechs. 20-30 seconds to kill accumulator, 2-4min to regain it. The whole purpose for fielding remote energy support is to have resistance to Ictus. Energy warfare is not supposed to reign supreme over machine guns and remote energy support fleets or it will completely obliterate anything that isn't fielding that.

Phantomburn wrote:

It Lost 50% of it's neuting power but you left that out too.  The big purple elephant no one wants to talk about is that a neut is dependent on TERRAIN.  They increased the plant layer too, further nerfing the Ictus.

oh, and your machineguns fire through those plants? LoS works in both directions.

Annihilator wrote:
Phantomburn wrote:

oh, and your machineguns fire through those plants? LoS works in both directions.

even better.
los is good for bots with low rate of fire.
you can neut and go back to cover untill your cycle is ready again.
for mashine guns you have to stay on target cause of very low cycle time.

Zortarg wrote:

even better.
los is good for bots with low rate of fire.
you can neut and go back to cover untill your cycle is ready again.
for mashine guns you have to stay on target cause of very low cycle time.

LEAVE OUR MACHINE GUNS ALONE. big_smile

I am trying to argue the case of the Ictus and green bots in general as there are quite a few players that I know don't play anymore because they only had the one character piloting green bots, I am fortunate that I have other characters but my green pilot is my most EP advanced, for those guys their view is that it is not worth playing.

Do you think that machine guns should be nerfed Zortag?