Re: New devblog: Random assignments - The final details

One other thing I would suggest - Make station ownership grant you a percentage tax of mission runners in the sub region around a station. If its 20% it gives you an incentive to leave a station open.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

You're missing the point Zortar*.

It's about phasing out systems that are the easiest to bot. Static spawns and liquid ores for starters. Or alternatively, reduce it to 1-2 star mobs (no NPC heavy mechs on Alpha) and drop the field size.

Lack of content is no excuse for refusing to fix bottable mechanics like static orange spawns. There will never be an economy with bittervet *** sucking on the plasma NIC-titty on Alpha.

At least when we ran beacons there were actual people at the keyboard playing the game. lol

Zortarg wrote:

we have been at these discussion before.
fact is not everbody wants to go to beta/gamma.
the game neaads a healthy economy of carebears. look at eve. most of the player population sits in high sec. doing their things.
if you nerv alpha too much down no one will stay in the game that dont wants to go to beta/gamma.
these ppl will not be forced to play the way you want them to play. they will just look for another game.
alpha players need enough to do on their own.

i think alpha ore fields are small enough as they are. and mining solids is a pain in the azz...
make them smaller in size ok.. make the tiles have more ore for that so one field has the same yield. so you dont have to switch tiles all half miniute even if you spread your miners around...

to make beta and gamma more atractive there have to be other things like the standart ores that are highly sought after. for now we have epri and colixum. sadly we dont have the high demand in economy yet that would make it rewarding o go for that. if we get a economy that wants colixum badly then this will be a different thing. besides gamma islands can provide much more content in the future. if the devs find the time to develop it...

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Jita wrote:
Celebro wrote:

I predict mission abuse on alpha as soon as it's live, and players whining there is not enough incentive to do them in Beta, and I would agree with them. Why? Because as long as it's 100% safe on alpha it's much easier to work around it, than suffer the dangers of beta.

Easy NIC/Hour even if it far lower than pvp islands, is better if you can do it 24/7.

Totally agree. Thats why Beta rewards should be 10 X alpha.

+1

You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

104 (edited by BadAss 2015-03-31 17:09:26)

create two servers: PvE & PvP. select server after training island.
create hard islands for pvp server. let them kill each other there and use all epriton big_smile

you will never be able to get a balance PvE and PvP. two servers the best solution. so... continue the whining

Just @ Game

105 (edited by Zortarg 2015-03-31 17:13:15)

they just want one thing:
that only they have controll over all viable resources. once they have set their "dominace" and grief everybody else out of beta. then the others have no viable income and will leave the game... so they "won the game"
isnt that your usual thinking pattern? lol lol lol

Zortarg wrote:

that only they have controll over all viable resources. once they have set their "dominace" and grief everybody else out of beta. then the others have no viable income and will leave the game... so they "won the game"

I really can't say what their real motive are Zortarg, but it's plain to see players don't want to risk their stuff or seriously take a beta station because they can get what they need on alpha, and the whole game is suffering , the market is dead, if stuff doesn't get blown up there will be no market no reason to continue farming creating and having fun. I am sure there are some players that like pvp for just the fun but I am not one of them.

Meanwhile the Gap between incoming players and older one is widening at this rate we might seriously need to think of a reset (I would hate that though) , stuff in game does not degrade the 'cycle of life' ingame depends on pvp getting stuff destroyed and renewed with a reason to do so. This means market will flourish, pvp will happen and, PVE will happen.

RIP PERPETUUM

Dreamers are waiting.

The theory of mutual interests
Why the crybabies wins?
Где Ханя - там победа (с)
DEV Zoom: No need to speculate...

Zortarg wrote:

Are you serious?  Really? 

NSE gave you hokkogarus.  NSE gave away Kentagura.

What to try to get your lies straight?  Dude nothing's stopping you from going there and taking it.  And honestly what are YOU going to do with it when you get it hang out and collect sap loot?  You won't live on a beta.

Celebro wrote:

I really can't say what their real motive are Zortarg, but it's plain to see players don't want to risk their stuff or seriously take a beta station because they can get what they need on alpha, and the whole game is suffering , the market is dead, if stuff doesn't get blown up there will be no market no reason to continue farming creating and having fun. I am sure there are some players that like pvp for just the fun but I am not one of them.

Meanwhile the Gap between incoming players and older one is widening at this rate we might seriously need to think of a reset (I would hate that though) , stuff in game does not degrade the 'cycle of life' ingame depends on pvp getting stuff destroyed and renewed with a reason to do so. This means market will flourish, pvp will happen and, PVE will happen.

their motive is to keep their dominance up with less effort, by restricting access to the stuff they already have hoarded for new player, while hoping for more targets to shoot in those few mins per day they log in to keep their killboard ratio intact.

so, as long as the DEVs don't work on the sandbox, you won't see any difference anyway. the PVE part of this upcomming patch is pure themepark, and the hoarding vets only ask for more efficient grind mechanics, not a single one yet to ask for more dangerous NPCs.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:
Celebro wrote:

their motive is to keep their dominance up with less effort, by restricting access to the stuff they already have hoarded for new player, while hoping for more targets to shoot in those few mins per day they log in to keep their killboard ratio intact.

so, as long as the DEVs don't work on the sandbox, you won't see any difference anyway. the PVE part of this upcomming patch is pure themepark, and the hoarding vets only ask for more efficient grind mechanics, not a single one yet to ask for more dangerous NPCs.

Everytime they work on the game it effects the sandbox one way or another. The incentives (x2 rewards) on beta missions proves they are working to nudge players to expose themselves to PVP areas. Although this is might not be enough they need to add observers back on alpha or make it less safe one way or another, or take unpopular measures to nerf alpha.

RIP PERPETUUM

BadAss wrote:

create hard islands for pvp server. let them kill each other there and use all epriton big_smile

you will never be able to get a balance PvE and PvP. two servers the best solution. so... continue the whining

general chat will go to single digit numbers on 2 servers, awsome.  Maybe we can ask for a dedicated server for indvidual players.

Phantomburn wrote:
Zortarg wrote:

What to try to get your lies straight?  Dude nothing's stopping you from going there and taking it.  And honestly what are YOU going to do with it when you get it hang out and collect sap loot?  You won't live on a beta.

I loved it when Kent and Hokk were open, Sansara had SI for a month never did anything with the island but did saps.  If one person showed up she's dock and log.  Its funny how everyone claims they don't need a station(beta or gamma) but i see people complaining about not being able to gather resources. How's about you stop looking at your personal stock of bots sitting there and collecting dust and use it.  I'll quote Ville on this "diplomacy works" it's not always pretty but it does work wonders.

Rowboat wrote:
Phantomburn wrote:
Zortarg wrote:

I loved it when Kent and Hokk were open, Sansara had SI for a month never did anything with the island but did saps.  If one person showed up she's dock and log.  Its funny how everyone claims they don't need a station(beta or gamma) but i see people complaining about not being able to gather resources. How's about you stop looking at your personal stock of bots sitting there and collecting dust and use it.  I'll quote Ville on this "diplomacy works" it's not always pretty but it does work wonders.

They don't want diplomacy, they sit here and make a stink fest about people on the forums how horrible they are but they are the first one to go after new players home bases and try to flip gammas from new players.

I don't want Easy mode.  I want Fun Mode.  And Fun Mode for Ville is enjoying fresh content with working features.  I hate missions.  Why?  There is no Incentive for me to do them.  If I could buy T4+ or T2+ with Tokens directly I'd do missions.  I would PVP in T4+.  True story.  I REALLY like Jita's Idea on this.  Random Slips dropped from NPCs on the missions and static token buy order for T4+.  Would work out quite nicely.

that statement was not ment for nse...

Rowboat wrote:
Phantomburn wrote:
Zortarg wrote:

Have you even read this thread? The only people complaining have been saying Alpha has too many resources. If that diplomacy involves forcing people from the game its not working

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

In WoW use different servers and it works fine. Just you've got to make interesting pve, Hiking trips, etc that already offered before

Altera wrote:
BadAss wrote:

general chat will go to single digit numbers on 2 servers, awsome.  Maybe we can ask for a dedicated server for indvidual players.

Just @ Game

117 (edited by Blocker 2015-04-01 01:58:45)

Most of this games issues stem from low population, it's that simple. The DEVS are currently trying to address that by working on PVE mechanics and Alpha. That's good, it needs to be done, the game needs people and people need content. I see a lot of posts in this thread that seem to be more intent on demanding features/changes for personal gain.. eg I want this, or I want that. It's not about what the few ACTIVE remaining players want, it's about getting more people into the game, new people, fresh people. These people will have their first experience on Alpha and not give one crap about the beta/gamma politics.

If those people have a bad experience in the first two weeks then it's a pretty good chance they will leave. If they have content that challenges them, if there is risk of losing bots, even just mining, they may be more likely to stay. Either way, if getting more people means accepting mechanics/systems that might not suit us (the existing ACTIVE players) then so be it. Adapt or leave.

The DEVS are a small team, they cannot be expected to get everything done at once and provide all things to all people. A lot of things need work, Alpha NPC's, missions, general Alpha content, beta sap mechanics, beta NPC's, loot tables, number of islands, corp/Alliance management tools etc etc, the list is extensive. They have to start somewhere, best to start with Alpha and getting new content to entice new players.

ohh and trying to force people into a play style (like PVP) will fail miserably and guarantee that some new players will leave the game for good. Offer instead incentives for them to PVP, encouragement if you will, but softly in the background so to speak.

ok end rant now..

Ohh one more thing, sometimes I think the biggest turn off to the new players are the bitter old vets (yes I'm one of them, but I'm not bitter) trying to influence the newer players as soon as they appear in gen chat. Just leave them be for a while guys, don't try and recruit them straight away into all the political BS, let them experience the game a bit on their own. If you want to help them then relocate to the Alpha one islands and help them, but don't poison their experience with old bitterness.

Jita wrote:

One other thing I would suggest - Make station ownership grant you a percentage tax of mission runners in the sub region around a station. If its 20% it gives you an incentive to leave a station open.

No those stations should not be lockable.  Period.

This is a awesome trap that many others wish to just gloss over.

Its a game design flaw that hasn't been fixed when gamma was introduced.

I can go on, but development cycles don't permit me.

I am Perpetuum.

oh god i agree with Perpetuum / DJ. Kill me now.

Blocker wrote:

Most of this games issues stem from low population, it's that simple. The DEVS are currently trying to address that by working on PVE mechanics and Alpha. That's good, it needs to be done, the game needs people and people need content. I see a lot of posts in this thread that seem to be more intent on demanding features/changes for personal gain.. eg I want this, or I want that. It's not about what the few ACTIVE remaining players want, it's about getting more people into the game, new people, fresh people. These people will have their first experience on Alpha and not give one crap about the beta/gamma politics.

If those people have a bad experience in the first two weeks then it's a pretty good chance they will leave. If they have content that challenges them, if there is risk of losing bots, even just mining, they may be more likely to stay. Either way, if getting more people means accepting mechanics/systems that might not suit us (the existing ACTIVE players) then so be it. Adapt or leave.

The DEVS are a small team, they cannot be expected to get everything done at once and provide all things to all people. A lot of things need work, Alpha NPC's, missions, general Alpha content, beta sap mechanics, beta NPC's, loot tables, number of islands, corp/Alliance management tools etc etc, the list is extensive. They have to start somewhere, best to start with Alpha and getting new content to entice new players.

ohh and trying to force people into a play style (like PVP) will fail miserably and guarantee that some new players will leave the game for good. Offer instead incentives for them to PVP, encouragement if you will, but softly in the background so to speak.

ok end rant now..

Ohh one more thing, sometimes I think the biggest turn off to the new players are the bitter old vets (yes I'm one of them, but I'm not bitter) trying to influence the newer players as soon as they appear in gen chat. Just leave them be for a while guys, don't try and recruit them straight away into all the political BS, let them experience the game a bit on their own. If you want to help them then relocate to the Alpha one islands and help them, but don't poison their experience with old bitterness.

+1

+1 Blocker

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

122 (edited by Altera 2015-04-01 18:59:40)

+1 blocker

But I dont think the bitter vets are the reason why new folks aren't playing (at least not in the top 5 reasons).  At least in-game, almost all players are very nice and friendly to new players.

1. Lack of content
2. Lack of other players
3. Don't know what to even do in a sandbox
x. Bitter vets

Lol jita. I can be perpetual fora day. I don't like station locking period but the owner should get a tax

+/- 1 Blocker  Retaining new players is a must. This mission revamp is a good step in the right direction. In the current state of the game its the current player base that keeps people logging in, not the game itself. Why do you think the forum has more activity than the game does? IMO, we need to stop bleeding vets at this point. We can sit around all day pointing fingers at who is ruining your game today but ultimately if the people who already like the game cant be bothered to keep logging in then what?

Aye Pod wrote:

+/- 1 Blocker  Retaining new players is a must. This mission revamp is a good step in the right direction. In the current state of the game its the current player base that keeps people logging in, not the game itself. Why do you think the forum has more activity than the game does? IMO, we need to stop bleeding vets at this point. We can sit around all day pointing fingers at who is ruining your game today but ultimately if the people who already like the game cant be bothered to keep logging in then what?

I just want to say how awesome I am, and that this game is so terrible, that most would have to be paid to play. 

But, alas, my awesomeness is so great that it over shadows the *** terrible game, enticing others to stay and play, as I am so awesome.

Your covered.

I am Perpetuum.