Re: Post Balancing Patch.

Zortarg wrote:
Phantomburn wrote:
Jita wrote:

Your a very wrong, very angry man that trades insults instead of facts.

http://youtu.be/BBgbY5NOzLc

Couple things we have wrong here.

MK1 Mesmer Versus Ictus MK2.

1.  The MK1 Mesmer Is shooting Chemo ammo, change that to magnadart ammo, and the ictus falls like a sack of ***.
2.  The Mk1 Mesmer does not have a neut or drainer in it's chest.
3.  The Mesmer MK1 does not have ANY reactor sealings in it's leg slots.  So it has 0 defense for the ictus.
4.  Your standing <300 M apart.  All the Mesmer has to do is back up  to the Mesmer's optimal range or into some falloff and the ictus can not neut you because it doesn't have the range.
5.  Switch to AutoCannons on the Mesmer and you'll be singing a different toon.

Ictus Mk2:

1.  If you get Demobbed in that fit your ***.
2.  You have no range, so you have to get in subpar demob range in that Ictus.
3.  Your still considerably slower than the other races.
4.  You are dealing with LOS constantly as an Ictus pilot.  You HAVE to run the game with the terrain turned up or you will be neuting a wall 100% of the time.

In Closing:

I can kill an Ictus MK2 very easily when a Mesmer mk1 is fit correctly and shoots pvp ammo,  I don't even sweat with Autocannons.

Fun Fact:  If you take a Mesmer mk1 and you shoot at a target dummy.  Regard how long it takes you to cap yourself out.  Compare the time that it took Jita to cap out the Mesmer mk1 versus the Ictus versus the time it took you to cap yourself out shooting a target dummy, smile

Edit:  And you'll understand why Nooodlz is correct.

i kept out of most of this for now...
but what the *** ... what a load of crap in this post...

yes the ictus is a bit underpowerd. but its far from what you make out of it.
of cource you can fit a mesmer to counter a icuts. or a seth, or a gropho. you could do that before the changes.
you can also fit a mesmer to counter a vaga, or a zenith ... or... or ...
but stay real. we talking about real pvp here. pls pilot that kind of mesmer next time on the beattlefields and you will be wiped of the floor because you will suck in any other way.

this here is no factual discussion. its a flaming around. stay real...

enough said.

Are you talking about this Real PVP?

http://www.perp-kill.net/related/263797

I was far from "wiped of the floor" and we sure didn't Suck.

Or maybe your talking about this Real PVP?

http://www.perp-kill.net/related/263802

Or how about this PVP?

http://www.perp-kill.net/related/263515

I pilot that kind of Mesmer all the time, SO DO YOU.  With auto cannons.  We as a whole me nor you don't use reactor sealings.  You know why??  NOONE USES ICTUS BECAUSE THEY ARE WORTHLESS.  All you want is stompy stompy heavy heavy gate and close range battle royale.  Because YOU, your team mates and your allys, CAN'T MOVE ON OPEN TERRAIN.  That's why you get beat!  You know it, I know it and the rest of the server knows it.  Your just as Biased as the next one.  The green pilots got boned and Ictus mk1s are worthless.  You know it and so do I and you want to keep it that way.

Realistic fact from Xiantor's fight.  I had 2 ECCMs on and was targeted by 2 to 3 vagabonds at a time, guess how much I got jammed?  NONE.  We told you if they nerfed ewar in the ground we'd beat you with Enwar.  Then when they nerfed enwar in the ground we'd beat you in heavys.  Why?  Because you can't move, you can't lead and your scared.  Hell Bags left you guys high and dry in the fight on Xiantor.  That homie straight up ran away and beaconed off.

So don't sit on your high horse and act like theres nothing wrong because Now you can run around in Autocannon injected repper fit without fear of an ictus running over and countering you.   Yeah Cat's out of the bag we know your motives.

You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

Altera wrote:

I don't think the argement is can another bot counter the ictus, the arguement is that other bots do the Ictus mission (mech class nueter) better then the Ictus can. 
The ictus is currently worse at its job then other bots, so why would anyone want to be a Ictus pilot.  This is bad because many ppl have spent a $hit ton of EP into being green and/or Ictus pilots and now they feel screwed over.

Yes, I think that's the issue too. Remove couple of neuting slots from Seth and Mesmer and done, not like they're supposed to be neuting platforms anyway.

Burial wrote:
Altera wrote:

I don't think the argement is can another bot counter the ictus, the arguement is that other bots do the Ictus mission (mech class nueter) better then the Ictus can. 
The ictus is currently worse at its job then other bots, so why would anyone want to be a Ictus pilot.  This is bad because many ppl have spent a $hit ton of EP into being green and/or Ictus pilots and now they feel screwed over.

Yes, I think that's the issue too. Remove couple of neuting slots from Seth and Mesmer and done, not like they're supposed to be neuting platforms anyway.

We've said this 50 times already:

The bonuses can easily be offset by extra slots.

The Ictus mk1 doesn't have the leg slots to be effective.

Burial wrote:

That's not the issue at all and you know it.

80 (edited by Nooodlzs 2015-03-30 22:40:28)

Zortarg wrote:

of cource you can fit a mesmer to counter a icuts. or a seth, or a gropho. you could do that before the changes.
you can also fit a mesmer to counter a vaga, or a zenith ... or... or ...

enough said.

enough said exactly.

So now the Ictus is aprrox 50% less effective, once again, what role does the Ictus have?

And why the horrendous balancing patch that allows unstoppable, stompy, stompy DPS to run riot.

12 in GC tonight, well done boys.

You have an awesome game in the making but turning it into ~shoot each other in the face online~ is not the way to go.

once again... back to flaming, insulting and trying to put down your oposing one in a discussion with reasons that have nothing to do with the facts. i know you can do that well.. too bad its so obvious. cant win with the facts or if the other statements are not what you like then try to get then shut up in another way.

if we would suck so bad then why do you still need the doctrine of your boss.. never fight without having superiour numbers... you make me smile again ville...
your sides politics are so obvious... try to get more numbers and then we are so much better then the others. otherwise you dont even come out.

we had a good fight. and it was a even fight for a while until your little bomb suprised us a bit. wrong decisions have been made... and it ended quite fast after that.

look at your post ville. all it says is that you are a jerk with no respect of other ppl.

i had a good read in another forum a while ago. a simple statement:
"insults are the sign of an immature mind." that sais a lot about some persons here.

maybe a lot of ppl have forgotten that this is just a game. and that you play it with other humans. and what you have shown here for a long time is not how you play and talk with other humans.
and a game is for having fun in your free time. i dont know what you had. but i can say. perp in the last months was quite fun playing around with nse and ethos. they have guts, they fight, they experiment with their fits, and they show respect. its fun playing with and against them. they come to play and have fun. and not to win and dominate. maybe some ppl have forgotten what its for...

i cant tell you how you spend your free time. but i dont curse and insult other ppl that i spend my free time with.
besides its just a game.

and i still dont understand why the devs tolerate behaviour like this. we had good discussions about ideas in this forum in the past. but most ppl who cared and had good ideas have long left the forums. not because of the game, but because of how you get flamed in this forum. even if its about facts and ideas.
i would have banned these ppl that have nothing better to do then trolling, flaming and insulting here a long time ago. then we acctually might have gotten quite a lot good ideas here.
so its just the same as always. a monologe of a few ppl telling how bad everything is. yay.. that helps.

as so often. its not worth the time comming with good ideas here... just insults, trolls ...

but still.. successfully baited.

have a good night.

82 (edited by Nooodlzs 2015-03-30 23:46:01)

Zortarg wrote:

once again... back to flaming, insulting and trying to put down your oposing one in a discussion with reasons that have nothing to do with the facts. i know you can do that well.. too bad its so obvious. cant win with the facts or if the other statements are not what you like then try to get then shut up in another way.

if we would suck so bad then why do you still need the doctrine of your boss.. never fight without having superiour numbers... you make me smile again ville...
your sides politics are so obvious... try to get more numbers and then we are so much better then the others. otherwise you dont even come out.

we had a good fight. and it was a even fight for a while until your little bomb suprised us a bit. wrong decisions have been made... and it ended quite fast after that.

look at your post ville. all it says is that you are a jerk with no respect of other ppl.

"insults are the sign of an immature mind." that sais a lot about some persons here.

maybe a lot of ppl have forgotten that this is just a game. and that you play it with other humans. and what you have shown here for a long time is not how you play and talk with other humans.
and a game is for having fun in your free time. i dont know what you had. but i can say. perp in the last months was quite fun playing around with nse and ethos. they have guts, they fight, they experiment with their fits, and they show respect. its fun playing with and against them. they come to play and have fun. and not to win and dominate. maybe some ppl have forgotten what its for...

i cant tell you how you spend your free time. but i dont curse and insult other ppl that i spend my free time with.
besides its just a game.

and i still dont understand why the devs tolerate behaviour like this. we had good discussions about ideas in this forum in the past. but most ppl who cared and had good ideas have long left the forums. not because of the game, but because of how you get flamed in this forum. even if its about facts and ideas.
i would have banned these ppl that have nothing better to do then trolling, flaming and insulting here a long time ago. then we acctually might have gotten quite a lot good ideas here.
so its just the same as always. a monologe of a few ppl telling how bad everything is. yay.. that helps.

as so often. its not worth the time comming with good ideas here... just insults, trolls ...

have a good night.

I personally have never trolled you and as far as I can see on this thread anyway, no-one has trolled you, the game has almost died, what killed it, the balance change, now ewar is useless, enwar is useless ( as you stated you could already fit aginst it before the changes).

Something needs to happen, if the business model is to change the game into a FPS type game for a backer with wonga, with damage only and no strategy,counters  or tactics, well f*ck the game and if that is what you want, well f*ck you, hopefully it is not and I hope you can see my point of this is now becoming an extremely shallow game with this direction.

Remember, everybody wants to be top DPS, that's the phsycology of most games today and it is becoming stale.

83 (edited by Nooodlzs 2015-03-31 00:02:22)

I will also add that I would go back to the API where ewar/enwar didnn't appear on killmails if the changes were reversed, why? because I don't care.

As long as battles lasted the good part of an hour like they used to instead of minutes, sometimes seconds as they do now, I don't care.

Ewar and Enwar allow those prolonged, epic battles to happen, hero tackling enemies for the (not on the killboard) win was awesome, now, all that, is tears in the rain.

Phantomburn wrote:

terrible balencing mixed with Ville showing once again why he will do anything, say anything or be anything just to be an idiot

What a terrible post. So what your saying is if you fit a heavy to deliberately tank against enwar and kill enwar you will win the fight! Wow the horror, definitely a balance issue!

And lol at the autocannon argument. How is that any different than pre nerf?

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Zortarg wrote:

besides its just a game.

have a good night.

We are RIGHT on schedule!!!!

Let's see here:
Wait until majority of the opposition stops playing....check.
Attempt to get remaining opposition to fight one another....check.
Troll perp kill to make up false drama....check.
Attempt to make one sided propaganda on the forums....check.
Attempt to make a push in game during off hours....check.
Get beat down....check.
Put back in place.....check.
Make an insulting claim to Ville.....check.
Ville pimp smacks you with the truth....check.
Forum crusade to make Ville seem out of his mind....check.
Sob story's about how terrible the community is....check.
Bad posting by Jita.... Check.

Seen right through your strategy.  Same Zortarg. 

And I will have a good night, you too bud hope you sleep well.

Jita wrote:
Phantomburn wrote:

terrible balencing mixed with Ville showing once again why he will do anything, say anything or be anything just to be an idiot

What a terrible post. So what your saying is if you fit a heavy to deliberately tank against enwar and kill enwar you will win the fight! Wow the horror, definitely a balance issue!

And lol at the autocannon argument. How is that any different than pre nerf?

All I have to do is back up 200 M and GG.  You fit for the fight even you know that.  If my opposition runs all played seths there's a counter for it.  If you run massive ewar theres a counter for it. 

The mechs in this game have higher optimals than that Ictus.

Phantomburn wrote:
Zortarg wrote:

besides its just a game.

have a good night.

Let's see here:
Get beat down....check.

Seen right through your strategy.  Same Zortarg. 

And I will have a good night, you too bud hope you sleep well.

Take this *** posting to CD.

Your backsliding.

I am Perpetuum.

Stranger Danger has competition for the Ministry of Truth.

Phantomburn wrote:

Let's see here:
Get beat down....check.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

ewar still works. it works less as it did before. but it still works.
vaga still good same as zenith. and for enwar still works too, even if now its mosty done by seths instead of ictuses.

and yes i agree that they are a bit too week atm. but not as useless as most say. the only reason is that you compare before and after the patch. its different now, you might need other fits, and combat styles have changed.

for example rovocs neuting seth totally did *** up my mesmer in the last fight. i was out most of the time because i had no cap... so dont tell me its not working.
yes your 800m imba neut on this ictus is gone... same as 900m short demob zenith.
and personaly i think thats a good one. fights are also intresting now. its just different.

and no not all fights are over fast. we had plenty of fights with evar that still were long. just ask your nse friends. but i guess to figure it out you would acctually have to play the game. the forum warrior will not help.

for all that whish their old overview fights back i can just advice to keep playing eve. overview fights there are way better as i have heard.

PLUS ONE

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

91 (edited by Nooodlzs 2015-03-31 15:45:33)

Zortarg wrote:

vaga still good same as zenith. and for enwar still works too, even if now its mosty done by seths instead of ictuses.

and yes i agree that they are a bit too week atm. but not as useless as most say. the only reason is that you compare before and after the patch. its different now, you might need other fits, and combat styles have changed.

for example rovocs neuting seth totally did *** up my mesmer in the last fight. i was out most of the time because i had no cap... so dont tell me its not working.
yes your 800m imba neut on this ictus is gone... same as 900m short demob zenith.
and personaly i think thats a good one. fights are also intresting now. its just different.

and no not all fights are over fast. we had plenty of fights with evar that still were long. just ask your nse friends. but i guess to figure it out you would acctually have to play the game. the forum warrior will not help.

for all that whish their old overview fights back i can just advice to keep playing eve. overview fights there are way better as i have heard.

So why are Ictus/Zenith never fielded now, just a few Vagas are getting on mails, why, because they are totally smashed to bits by heavies, pointless fielding a force multiplier when DPS is FAR more effective.

I'm not talking about huge fleet fights, 10 v 10 used to last like 30 minutes when ewar and enwar was viable, now fights are over in minutes/seconds, heavy DPS has no counter apart from other DPS.

You got the game you wanted, now get on with it.

92 (edited by Burial 2015-03-31 15:56:27)

You are way, wayyy overly dramatic. If EW mechs were that terrible, people wouldn't use them at all.

Nooodlzs wrote:
Zortarg wrote:

So why are Ictus/Zenith never fielded now, just a few Vagas are getting on mails, why, because they are totally smashed to bits by heavies, pointless fielding a force multiplier when DPS is FAR more effective.

I'm not talking about huge fleet fights, 10 v 10 used to last like 30 minutes when ewar and enwar was viable, now fights are over in minutes/seconds, heavy DPS has no counter apart from other DPS.

You got the game you wanted, now get on with it.

PHM fielded a zenith and Vaga yesterday.

People dont tend to do range fights now as its mainly skirmish battles. When (if) bigger battles occur you will see ictus and zeniths more

Zortarg wrote:

When's the last time you pvped in a moving group?  Two groups roaming through terrain and the island pvping it out with tackles and counter pushing or any of that?  When was the last time it was solely roam groups pvping home defenders?  Not a stand next to the SAP and slug it out.

WE.  The PVP community have gotten away with what made this game great!  Lights and Assaults/Mechs moving through the islands pew pewing here and there and dodging in and out of plants while moving over to the next island and around, and moving through in and out of areas!  Those are the BEST pvp times!

We keep embracing more and more mechanics that turn away from pvp roaming groups.  Whats PVP now Zortarg?  SAP warfare that's it, and the occasional miner ghank, THATS IT!  <----BORING

It's not dynamic, it's not flowing, it's not thrilling.  It's standing beside one another and slug it out and wait for the first guy to make a mistake.  THIS IS WHY THE GAME IS DYING!!!!!  BORING PVP!  But you people keep supporting mechanics/patches and changes that keep killing PVP!

We fundamentally have to stop that thinking in it's track.  We need to get back on par with things that are fun.  Slug fest heavys and ghanking miners is not fun pvp.  We need roaming group and people to make homes on islands and defend their territory.  We need movement and freedom.  We need more choices and dynamics.  We need to increase the distance of fights instead of turning everything in a short range brawler battles.  We need undemobbable fits removed and some actual tank on a light ewar.  We need Demob ranges on Light Ewar bots increased.  We need fun again.

PS: Overview fights are over because of plant cover.  Period.

95 (edited by Nooodlzs 2015-03-31 16:30:56)

Burial wrote:

You are way, wayyy overly dramatic. If EW mechs were that terrible, people wouldn't use them at all.

They aren't, check the killboards, I only use an Ictus because that is all I can pilot, now I don't play because they are one shotted by machine gun heavies, go figure.

But that is what you have been whining for for as long as I can remember Burial, you have always wanted to be able to stomp arounnd in full head tuner heavies, now you can and do.

Nooodlzs wrote:
Burial wrote:

They aren't, check the killboards, I only use an Ictus because that is all I can pilot, now I don't play because they are one shotted by machine gun heavies, go figure.

You keep spouting the same rubbish but it doesn't make it any more true

Burial wrote:

http://killboard.sequer.nl/?a=stats

Vagabond mk2 is Number 4 on the list
Vagabond is Number 7 on the list
Zen mk2 is Number 11 on the list

Termis have more kills than an Ictus.

Go earlier than November Burial and you will see an interesting theme.  Earlier than November Light and assault bots start creeping to the top of the list.

I keep saying this, the "balancing" patch did the exact opposite in regards to new player development than it was supposed too.  Now, throw the limits out the window and everyone rolls around in a stompy stompy heavy.

just because most of you green pilots prefer to cry and not play, does not make it true that these bots are useless.
yes kb is dominated by blue and yellow atm.
taking into consideration how few ppl play the game this sais nothing of any worth if you know how statistics work.

hell im at first place. not that i ever had the intention for it. and of couce i pilot blue and yellow. because thats what i skilled for for 4 years. we did not skill the flavor of the month when greens were OP. and now you cry because you are no longer op. now you have a bit less then others... falling from high above hurts. still i see no valid numbers and arguments why its that bad that its not viable to play.

Nooodlzs wrote:
Burial wrote:

But that is what you have been whining for for as long as I can remember Burial, you have always wanted to be able to stomp arounnd in full head tuner heavies, now you can and do.

Two elements resonate in the Ictus threads, 1) machine gun heavies screwing up Ictus and 2) heavies neuting better than Ictus.

Fix those and Ictus is way better off than now.

Burial wrote:
Nooodlzs wrote:
Burial wrote:

Two elements resonate in the Ictus threads, 1) machine gun heavies screwing up Ictus and 2) heavies neuting better than Ictus.

Fix those and Ictus is way better off than now.

Machine gun heavies always have.

can get the whole Seth thing but that would involve needing the Seth and not boosting the ictus.