Re: Explosion damage needs to be lowered.

Bringing the most now is more than 5 accounts... notice how I said accounts not actual people...

You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

Increase explosion damage.
Introduce explosion resistance.
Many options created for players and NPCs alike.

I am sure you guys heard of the domino effect from the beacon pits, well its bad game play a few go down get too close bam all over , lost, it just sucks. New Players are not coming over until we start accepting this game is a niche of a niche that is already hardcore to the bone.

If you like it they way it is then fine, enjoy 4vs4 fights.

RIP PERPETUUM

As someone who has lost the occasional fleet to explosion damage I didn't hear one guy say it bothered them. It is a great mechanic and highly avoidable by changing fits, tactics and deployment. Of all the mechanics people do hate for the people I PvP with this isn't even on the list.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Celebro wrote:

I am sure you guys heard of the domino effect from the beacon pits, well its bad game play a few go down get too close bam all over , lost, it just sucks. New Players are not coming over until we start accepting this game is a niche of a niche that is already hardcore to the bone.

Yes, beacon pits were an issue but not one that could not be solved. Just add a database int value that removes explosion damage from / by NPC's that spawn from beacons, simples. They already introduced the teleport mechanic back in gamma v1.0 so beacon pits that did not allow NPC's to navigate a way out simply teleported out, usually to right beside you..lol

I just don't see the sense in throwing out a mechanic that differentiates this game from all the others out there. We have already seen way too many heavy handed "patches" in response to players "taking advantage" of an unintended mechanic.

If you remove explosion damage then we are that one step closer to mech fairyland where we all run around seeing who can pick the most flowers to throw at each other..

Explosion damage is fine.

Rolling back this atrocious "balance" patch would be even finer.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Syndic wrote:

That would mean admitting they were wrong.

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

33 (edited by Jita 2015-03-26 13:02:48)

Syndic wrote:

PLUS MOTHER *** ONE

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

34 (edited by Cassius 2015-03-26 14:13:19)

Blocker wrote:
Celebro wrote:

Yes, beacon pits were an issue but not one that could not be solved. Just add a database int value that removes explosion damage from / by NPC's that spawn from beacons, simples. They already introduced the teleport mechanic back in gamma v1.0 so beacon pits that did not allow NPC's to navigate a way out simply teleported out, usually to right beside you..lol

I just don't see the sense in throwing out a mechanic that differentiates this game from all the others out there. We have already seen way too many heavy handed "patches" in response to players "taking advantage" of an unintended mechanic.

If you remove explosion damage then we are that one step closer to mech fairyland where we all run around seeing who can pick the most flowers to throw at each other..

Ahem, beacon terraforming.

Jita wrote:

As someone who has lost the occasional fleet to explosion damage I didn't hear one guy say it bothered them. It is a great mechanic and highly avoidable by changing fits, tactics and deployment. Of all the mechanics people do hate for the people I PvP with this isn't even on the list.

I was in comms with the Russians during our siege of Nebs' gamma base when Spectron suicided into us. Wiped us all. Nothing but laughs. Not one forum post to have it changed.

Aye Pod wrote:
Jita wrote:

I was in comms with the Russians during our siege of Nebs' gamma base when Spectron suicided into us. Wiped us all. Nothing but laughs. Not one forum post to have it changed.

I'm pretty sure when we popcorned the fleet vs you guys we didn't whine either. Its a good mechanic and easily adapted to and worked around.

Phantomburn wrote:

So what's everyone's thoughts?

У меня мысль одна: Не можешь срать - не мучай жопу.

The theory of mutual interests
Why the crybabies wins?
Где Ханя - там победа (с)
DEV Zoom: No need to speculate...

Hunter wrote:
Phantomburn wrote:

У меня мысль одна: Не можешь срать - не мучай жопу.

Hunter for CSM. Thats going on my work instant message header.

Phantomburn wrote:

I want to start off by thanking you for providing clean and clear dialogue and I am asking very kindly we keep Corporation dialogue where it belongs.  Thank you.

There have been a number of changes with balancing and speed and mass in the past 6 months but we haven't seen anything about explosion damage.  I have some questions because I am unclear of a few things. 

What is the ACUTUAL explosion damage calculation equation for radius of explosion and damage done?

Range and DPS were lowered 20% in the rebalancing post, but one of the most destructive weapons in the game remained unchanged: explosion damage.  Why wasn't that lowered?

In honesty I love explosion damage it provides a realistic feel to the game but in this game the penalty is massive!

I want to post some simple pros and cons:

Pros:

Adds a realistic feel to content.
Losers of a fight can still inflict major consequences to the winning forces causing both sides to always lose something in pvp.
Can easily camp gates with certain bomb fits.

Cons:
Losers of a fight can still inflict major consequences to the winning forces causing both sides to always lose something in pvp.
Can easily camp gates with certain bomb fits.
Bringing New players into a fleet fight becomes a liability
Explosion damage can easily change the tide of a fight with one guy exploding in the group
It's not new player friendly
too hardcore for most players.
It Causes snow balling effect.

One huge disadvantage to it is with Logistic Robot pilots(Yes they do exist) you know the guys playing medic in the backgroup throwing out remote armor repairs and energy transfers they have to be within 300 M of you.  These guys soak up damage because they have to be in the back pockets of the people on the front line, so if they are at half shields and someone blows up most likely they are going to end up soaking up huge chunks of damage if not being killed itself.  And when someone goes bomb in the middle of the group, well let's just say we have seen many a chain reactions...

Remember that fight on alsbale and how you laughed and laughed?  Now you wanna lower it. So typical.

Explosion damage is perfect

Gwyndor wrote:

Explosion damage is perfect

This statement is false, it needs fixed.  Dont make me requote Zoom saying it was broken.

I am Perpetuum.

You are false sir. Am I schizophrenic?

Yea, not taking the time anyway.

Way to call my bluff bud.

*Shakes Fist*

I am Perpetuum.

explosion damage & NPCs was fine how it used to be. The problem is the DEVs chose not to fix the actual issue & instead gave a massive indirect nerf to BETAs.

I thought at the time that was one of the single mornic things I had seen them do. Then they brought out the "balance" patch.

Never in my life have I had to stand up & give a group of DEVs some many :GolfClap: before. roll

With a track record like this makes me wonder what the PVE patch will be like hmm

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

45 (edited by Obi Wan Kenobi 2015-04-03 04:03:59)

double post.... Even the forums don't work properly. big_smile

Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:

explosion damage & NPCs was fine how it used to be. The problem is the DEVs chose not to fix the actual issue & instead gave a massive indirect nerf to BETAs.

I thought at the time that was one of the single mornic things I had seen them do. Then they brought out the "balance" patch.

Never in my life have I had to stand up & give a group of DEVs some many :GolfClap: before. roll

With a track record like this makes me wonder what the PVE patch will be like hmm

Npc's fighting other Npc's should be interesting.

Aye Pod wrote:

Npc's fighting other Npc's should be interesting.

but thats not in the next patch.

most likely this pve patch will increase the inflation even more, and the ones profiting most, are those sitting in permanent 10+ member squads, even if those other members are afk or just idle alts.
I have not seen any hint in Zooms posts that there is at least a check if those agents are deployed on the same island.

Increase in difficult most likely will only mean more NPCs will spawn, and very unlikely that they will spawn shielded NPC Ewar and RR bots.
Before NPCs need to learn to fight each other, they need to learn how to work together and using support modules.

I don't want to see higher difficulty that is countered by two indu-followbots for RSA+RR+ET permabuffing a full-tuner fit mk2 heavy.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:

double post.... Even the forums don't work properly. big_smile

+1

I am Perpetuum.

Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:

Wait +1

I am Perpetuum.