Re: Instant Content- Alpha Sap mechanics.

or make it so you get half the resources per cycle while on alpha. A negative aura perhaps? but still unlimited resources

27 (edited by Annihilator 2015-03-22 21:46:39)

Gwyndor wrote:

or make it so you get half the resources per cycle while on alpha. A negative aura perhaps? but still unlimited resources

the quantity doesn't matter, or else afk scarabs wouldn't be used.

The problem is that perpetuum was split into two games in an early development stage and the DEV power was reduced over time.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Blocker wrote:

When Lectron and I first started playing all NPC's were red and there were roaming observers on both alpha 1 and 2. On alpha 1 they were grand observers and no larger than assault class. On Alpha 2 they were grand observers and were both assault and mech. They roamed around and there was no such thing as afk mining.

I remember the incredible feeling of achievement when I solo killed my first Baphie observer after 10 minutes of using cover and kiting him. It was that sort of experience that kept us in the game, the threat of losing your bot. You needed to be paying attention. I don't know what the answer is for NPC AI, but what we have now is dull and boring compared to those first encounters all those years ago.

I believe the static and roaming red spawns were removed to cater for the new dynamic mineral system. So it's more than likely that any change in NPC AI would need to be tied into a rethink of the mineral system maybe ?

This. Pve that was fun and challenging.