1 (edited by The Grave Digger 2015-03-22 13:02:41)

Topic: A few ideas

--Earn Your Island--

What if while an island is left virtually untouched or with limited activity the npc's became stronger, more plentiful or just downright hostile?  They would chase players beyond their normal range.

or

If left alone they would begin attacking Outposts on beta, providing powerful resistance and removing control from Corps and instantly locking out players upon capture. 

or

Npc's get bored and begin forming large roving squads that will mine and harvest / destroy plants.  Upon death the provide NO / LOW tier'd items.

--NPC Standings--

Makes absolutely no sense that we cannot see the NPC standings while undocked.

--Corporation Inactivity--

When the CEO remains offline or does not provide a minimum of 1 hour per week of logged in time for 4 weeks consecutively they lose their position and are demoted to a regular Officer.  The player with the next amount of time that has been logged that is an Officer is then promoted to the CEO position. 

Upon going through this cycle, the Officers are then demoted to an Member and an Member is then promoted to CEO which is NOT an prior Officer or the CEO (as from the events above).  Eventually, the Corp will end up cycling through its members and if someone has been active they will be the new CEO. 

Every Corp needs a leader, if they are inactive they don't deserve the position.  Someone active does. 

--Robotic Painting--

This was previously talked about and was supposed to be in the works.  Where is it? 

--Syndicate Robots--

Something that uses Machine Guns and gets some sort of bonus.  It would freshen up the game and add more variance for players and npc combat.  Ofc there would be npc using utilizing the weapons too.

--NPC vs NPC--

I've played a few games where the npc's would begin fighting each other due to the Faction difference.  However, if the npc's did over 20% of the damage, no loot would drop if a player runs upon them and finishes the kill(s).

If Paper is running from a Blue and the npc's get engaged by another npc of the opposing faction (hostile towards npc? but not necessarily had to be hostile vs the player in order for them to engage the opposing faction?)  Upon the npc group doing 20% of the damage to the enemy npc, the player(s) would lose looting rights permanently.

--Stealth Bubbles--

A deployable Bubble that resembles a large 100m shield that dramatically lowers signal.  Used mainly for mining operations.  Any combat disrupts the Stealth Bubble and sends out large waves which ping on the radar.  It continuously provides an interference factor modifier which lowers targeting speed.  Which does not affect targeting tiles for mining / harvesting.

--Spark Teleport--

The location of the ability is terrible.  It really needs to be moved to the top bar where all the other clickable icons are when you're docked. 

--Industry Timers--

I am quite a noob when it comes to industry.  I know nothing about it beyond what I do for the assignments which I still don't exactly grasp ... 

I did notice while undocked I was unable to check the time left on the Prototyping and Manufacturing timers.  Can this be changed?

--Automatically Unlocking Tiles--

I don't personally consider myself lazy, however ... Combat targets when obliterated automatically become untargeted.  It makes sense to me that when a tile that is being mined or harvested becomes empty it would automatically drop target on it.  After all, the target of the miner / harvestor module is no longer there.

I know nothing about terraforming, so my input is not related to that unless it could be utilized the saem way.

--Geoscanner CPU and Reactor--

It seems a bit expensive that the Geoscanner requires 60 cpu and 53 reactor.  I feel that somewhere around 1/2 that would make more sense.  Just to give a little more freedom to equip ourselves.  Or provide an extension we can dump points into which I don't like but would give the same result.  There are items that should be linked to cpu / reactor reduction Extensions that aren't.  Like the industrial tunings ... it says industrial on it; yet it is not considered an industrial module ... why?

--Player Names in Chat--

Can we PLEASE gain the ability to right click on a name to PM someone?  Being forced to open another window to pm is (how was it said before) ... obtuse.  It's an outdated form of punishment.  We water board now you know.  tongue

Added : I understand we can scroll through the right hand portrait area to find the person to pm, that still seems outdated.  Same with the inability to link items, though, without any quality modifiers that would increase the effectiveness of the items in some way (up to 200% where you would get a 50% buff like in Earth and Beyond) item linking is about pointless (though I heard people wanting such a thing)

--More to come--

Re: A few ideas

Generally good ideas that in some ways or another has been mentioned before.

The CEO issue was resolved/changed and after 30 days of inactivity any CO-ceo can take his/her place.

'Stealth Bubble' there is a similar module for that: Signal Masker http://www.perpetuum-online.com/Help:Si … nd_masking

RIP PERPETUUM

The issue with the CO-CEO's is if they don't log in the Corp is still left abandoned by the people that were supposed to operate it.

After I posted this, something came to mind about the Stealth Bot  :

What if it was a masking robot?  A Generic breed of robot that was Syndicate.  So, when Machine Gun Bots come out they can add a utility robot.  It would have its own EP multiplier as the industrial bots do.  The more its leveled the higher the area of masking. 

It would be about average speed and provide a starting bubble radius based off of its size.  The bigger the bot the more it could have under its bubble protecting with its masking ability.  It would take upto 60 seconds to 'Anchor' and Un-Anchor'.  The more friendly bots its size and above the faster it would 'Anchor' and vice versa for 'Un-Anchoring'.

Or the 'Anchoring' could be modified by a point system.  Whereas the Lights are 1, Assaults are 2 ... and you would need x points to achieve maximum 'Anchoring' and 'Un-Anchoring'.  Then based off that point system the % of the x/x would be calculated to the timers. 

Something like that ...

Good ideas!

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

The Grave Digger wrote:

After I posted this, something came to mind about the Stealth Bot  :

What if it was a masking robot?   ...

This is a perfect place for detection/masking nexus modules. I have a feeling it would be easier to implement and still cover the desired function.

6 (edited by Ensireka 2015-04-14 19:20:23)

I can agree with most of that, but i have mixed feelings about what the OP and Xodad each say about the stealth bubble and another nexus module.  I don't like the idea of everyone being forced to find a way to fit another module into their fit for as Celebro stated.  Not that I have any input beyond that though. 

I would like to suggest cargo expanders like EVE and different industrial gathering tools, yes, like EVE.  They have mining tools that extract far more resources, can use specialized crystals and have 3x the cycle time.  They also do not use ammo for generic mining tools.