Topic: Newsletter.

Total number of registered users: 33,516

Zoom, after the next update, make a newsletter by e-mail your players.

Re: Newsletter.

+1
One needs to consider marketing, and timing.

For even a small MMO like this, a critical mass of online players is needed. 
Several recent reviews are negative purely on the fact that no one else is around.  Consider this (I am sure you have run the analysis yourself), a player that sticks around will spend more money then a player who quit during the tutorial.  That player (in either scenario), would then tell others about the game: either poisoning the market, warning others against buying the game at all, or, recommending it.  A friend's word is worth more than any anonymous steam review.

Returning players may not explicitly boost your income, but the effect they will have certainly will!

And something to ponder:
If a game gets updated in a forest,
and no one is around,
does it make a sound?

nothing is going to work but free to play. Start the development now and it might be ready by Christmas while you still have a game left.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

4 (edited by Obi Wan Kenobi 2015-03-11 23:42:22)

these devs can't put out enough content in a short enough time for this game to be free to play. On top of that even free to play games have some form of advertising. perpetuum never really has.

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:

these devs can't put out enough content in a short enough time for this game to be free to play. On top of that even free to play games have some form of advertising. perpetuum never really has.

The current content is fine, theres just nobody playing. In a sandbox you need a steady stream of players to make things entertaining. I could quite easily play this game seriously without getting bored if there were a couple of thousand people doing the same. I'd be happy to buy things with microtransactions while doing it. People often talk about a lack of content or boring pve or no balance but with a decent sized playerbase this game still has a lot to do, is a lot of fun and has the best pvp in an mmo that i've played.

Get the players and you've got a good game and i really don't see what else you can do to get the players but make it free.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

6 (edited by Chemist 2015-03-12 15:09:25)

I went back to Eve because received a letter. There it was stated that there will be new ships and a lot of other contents. If not for this letter, I would have remembered about this game for some time. What I want to say: perhaps, subscribers simply forgot about perpetuum. Need to remind them about the game.
Give us back the old players at any cost! smile And then get the new players.

Chemist wrote:

I went back to Eve because received a letter. There it was stated that there will be new ships and a lot of other contents. If not for this letter, I would have remembered about this game for some time. What I want to say: perhaps, subscribers simply forgot about perpetuum. Need to remind them about the game.

The way they advertise the game in general is awful. I've talked loads before about affiliate programs and kickstarter and they just don't seem to want people to give them money. Maybe Zoom is a billionaire and just lives on Ramen and rage tickets because he likes to.

Sorry gents but I suggested this back in this thread but the devs couldnt be bothered back then. Dont think things have changed much since.

http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … er-influx/

9 (edited by Jita 2015-03-12 17:32:48)

Aye Pod wrote:

Sorry gents but I suggested this back in this thread but the devs couldnt be bothered back then. Dont think things have changed much since.

http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … er-influx/

nvm ... do it!

Chemist wrote:

I've forgot about Perpetuum, and after 2 years i accidentaly saw an ad in the Steam.
Bought the game and 1-year booster, almost covering the publishing fee, i think lol

So the main reason why the playerbase is falling is because DEVs aren't really want many players to be here roll It's not the money...

Or they do not believe in yourself and their strength. cool

Wait the Dev's don't want players, and more money?

I am Perpetuum.

waiting for that monthly blog.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Im betting perpetuum is some crazy Hungarian tax wright off

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:

Im betting perpetuum is some crazy Hungarian tax wright off

Or a front for Zooms side business where he sells hookers and blow.

Zoom! You can! Just do it! cool

Serious now.

How can you make a statement like that Jet?

I don't understand your thinking please explain in detail.

I am Perpetuum.

Perpetuum wrote:

Serious now.

WAAAT?
Dude, what language are you talking to?
Learn English, noob! cool

LOL Chemist. Maybe we should learn english better? ^^

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

Inda wrote:

LOL Chemist. Maybe we should learn english better? ^^

WAT?! lol

21 (edited by JetNexus 2015-03-14 16:59:34)

Perpetuum wrote:

Serious now.

An appropriate advertising cost some money, but after some(not so long) time it returns the money and even gives some extra. Because more players will buy the game and cash stuff in it, even in the current state of game and cash shop. Not to mention the "critical mass" effect, and the fact that the game haven't been advertised anywhere yet.
As an example i've mentioned that my purchase alone almost covered the steam publishing fee.

So in the(not so) long term, marketing have not zero, but actually, a negative price.

So if this is not because of money then there's must be an another reason why they don't want to advertise it and bring a lot of players in the game very fast.

JetNexus wrote:

the approciate way to milk more money out of a dead game, would be shutting it down, rewrite a few lines of code, put a new title on it and release it either ultra cheap on steam (between 5 and 10 bucks) or free2play with a crazy premium shop and next to zero customer support.

given the changes perp is undergoing - they could have left it alone as it was and work on "perp2" with the new balance, new grafics and stuff.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:
JetNexus wrote:

the approciate way to milk more money out of a dead game, would be shutting it down, rewrite a few lines of code, put a new title on it and release it either ultra cheap on steam (between 5 and 10 bucks) or free2play with a crazy premium shop and next to zero customer support.

given the changes perp is undergoing - they could have left it alone as it was and work on "perp2" with the new balance, new grafics and stuff.

20 ill conceived souls this is exactly what is happening.

In fact, I called this way earlier and was laughed out of the forums, and met with a ban.

Smart business decision, and will make money, just will piss your base off if not done correctly.

I am Perpetuum.

Player: Why dont we advertise?

Dev: because, reasons.

Player: But it would make so much money and really bring life to this game?

Dev: You must not understand business. Reasons.

Player: Even eve is copying some of your mechanics. Why dont you just get off your horse and agree that some mechanics are *** and use other gaming experience to build your game up?

Dev: . . . because, potato.

Wait I thought this game already had Zero customer support?????