Topic: NO LAGS!!!

Guys, i'm around the panic. Everyone talks about the lags in perpetuum. But everytime i logging in, i haven't it. What's wrong with me. I live in Kemerovo - this is about 10000 km from amsterdam. Everything works fine.

What i doing wrong?

For the ppl, who qqing so much time (and do not understand a sarcasm): Guys, how about solve your local problems with your ISP and computers? How about try to launch less than 11 scarabs (like that i seen under hershfield)? Everything have it's limit.

The theory of mutual interests
Why the crybabies wins?
Где Ханя - там победа (с)
DEV Zoom: No need to speculate...

Re: NO LAGS!!!

You do realize that there are people with CCNP and CCIE certifications playing this game with issues right? These people are more qualified than 99% of people out there to *** network issues, and yet they still have these issues.

If it was an ISP issue there would be specific ISP's with common problems, and this is not true.

If it's a local area issue then the problems would be in geographical pockets, again this is not true.

If it's a localized to the house/office level issue then it would be consistent until configuration changes are made or equipment altered. Yet again not true.

If it was an issue on one of the major network hubs, there would be large pocket issues, consistent to geography, again not true.

If it was somewhere in between, the packet loss and spikes would show in the trace, again still not true. Most loss is at the data center itself in most viable traces.

Yes there are SOME local network issues for SOME players, most of these players know the local problems and do not report it due to it being on their end. Before posting something like this you may wish to take a look at the various traces, and get some added empirical data from different sources as well, this is what we call using the scientific method to test your hypothesis. As this relates to Computer Science, using the scientific method on a hypothesis is probably a good idea.

Have a good day!

Hunter strikes again! big_smile

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

Hunter, you're not playing for a year. How can you say about the absence of lags...

Amano Terijima wrote:

You do realize that there are people with CCNP and CCIE certifications playing this game with issues right? These people are more qualified than 99% of people out there to *** network issues, and yet they still have these issues.
bla-bla-bla

Wow... The great man knows cisco. Moreover he is certified... Mania grandiosa over 9000 and so on... I know lots of ppl with sertificates and out of knowledge about routing and networks. But that's not matter. Even more i believe you are guru in networks.

So did you tried to investigate the problem? What i have to do to get same lags? Maybe move in to your city (town)? smile

Why the crybabies wins?

blaming the ISP seems more reasonable then blaming your computerconfiguration like the Frontier Devs always do first, for things like "chat not working" = your firewall settings.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

7 (edited by Hunter 2015-02-16 12:59:40)

+5 cents. I tried to login and play from several places with different providers. My home, my work and my parent's home. Everywhere game works fine. My parent's home places ~300 km from my home.

Main condition everywhere was: 1 computer = 1 launched client.

List of providers:
ZS-TTK, Goodline and ZAO KES.

I have also another providers and i can try it too (for example my wife's work - MTS). But something says me that everything will be fine too.

Why the crybabies wins?

I want to understand if it's a networking or game issue, why does it not effect everyone?

It does not effect me either only minimal disconnects no lags issues.

RIP PERPETUUM

Celebro wrote:

I want to understand if it's a networking or game issue, why does it not effect everyone?

It does not effect me either only minimal disconnects no lags issues.

It is indeed perplexing, just talking to people on TS seems to indicate that people in the northern hemisphere seem to suffer more from disconnect rather than lag, and we here in AU and NZ seem to suffer more from lag and not so much disconnects. It does seem better after the switch firmware(?) upgrade, but it's still there. I can replicate it easily even when farming NPC's on alpha just by moving behind a plant and shooting it instead of the NPC.
Also the more bots on the field (grid?) the worse it seems to get.

Hunter wrote:
Amano Terijima wrote:

bla-bla-bla

Wow... The great man knows cisco. Moreover he is certified... Mania grandiosa over 9000 and so on... I know lots of ppl with sertificates and out of knowledge about routing and networks. But that's not matter. Even more i believe you are guru in networks.

So did you tried to investigate the problem? What i have to do to get same lags? Maybe move in to your city (town)? smile

Wow! Dude knows the geography!
"I live in Kemerovo - this is about 10000 km from amsterdam."
Stop qqing, play more often.

I have AT&T. I lag excessively, east coast usa.

You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

Phantomburn wrote:

http://www.perp-kill.net/agent/Hunter

10 Nov - last Hunter's pewpew.
19 Nov - my first post about lags.

12 Feb - lags over (?) - Switch Upgrade (software).
16 Feb - Hunter woke up, read the topic about the lags and responsibly said: NO LAGS!!!

cool

13 (edited by Hunter 2015-02-17 08:49:22)

Phantomburn wrote:

i can't find your tracert report. did you sent it?

what output on command:
tracert -d www.perpetuum-online.com
???

Also it would be interesting, where you have the lags: on the specific island or everywhere?

Why the crybabies wins?

Hunter, the game is much better now, for most of the people I know of. So dont need more investigate.

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

15 (edited by Hunter 2015-02-17 12:31:04)

it's ok. I'm interestin the ppl, who remained lags.

TBH nothing changed for me.

Why the crybabies wins?

Hunter wrote:
Phantomburn wrote:

i can't find your tracert report. did you sent it?

what output on command:
tracert -d www.perpetuum-online.com
???

Also it would be interesting, where you have the lags: on the specific island or everywhere?

I'm Not interested in doing someone else's job.  I told them in *** October that the problem started around the trees the implemented.  I got trolled about it.  "Only 5 people experience this problem and we can't recreate it so it doesn't exist."  I got permanently banned on the Steam forums for asking when the lag was going to end?  *** them.  And 5 people are 8% of your active playing population.  We get no new *** content in years, *** balancing patchs and lack of customer service, so once again. *** them.  I've already stated my intent with this game as soon as the lag gets fixed, if ever.

Phantomburn wrote:

I got permanently banned on the Steam forums for asking when the lag was going to end?

Do you want me to tell that it wasn't the reason for your ban every time you write this? I understand that it's wishful thinking and it would make you a better person (and us evil), but repeating it won't make it true.

Well I didn't  get banned until I posted when's the lag going to end.  You blatantly ignore us when we tell you stuff was broken here.  You snubbed your nose to the customer base and when we brought the dirty laundry of the short comings to the steam forums all butt hurt broke out, and the "Perpetuum supports terrorism" the link that got posted had a Google suggested site to Perpetuum on the side of a medical military research grant for a facility trying to develop a virus that could wipe out the population.  Ive later learned that not all ad links/suggested sites are the same based on stuff the user looks at.  So when i got posted a link on TS, clicked on it there it was a direct link back to Perpetuum website.  That's probably why it never made sense to you. 

And now on these forums, once again.  Here we are.  In February soon to be March.  5 months of being "patient". Do you know there's people on organ donor lists in the USA that receive kidneys faster than they enjoy new content in Perpetuum?  Zoom I really enjoy the game, but when I undock for more than 5 minutes I lag horribly.  On just 1 client by itself.  I'm tired of pvping against the same *** people over and over again.  I'm tired of mining the same rocks to produce the same modules and the same robots to do the same routine to go into another stack of thousands.  We've asked you over and over again.  You have a great game.  But you constantly keep providing changes with little customer service.  I can honestly say that Hungarian game developers are more hardcore than Japanese developers.  It's like you try to piss the players off some time..

You got banned because you started acting crazy again (as you do) and started spamming topics (in caps, and which already existed). End of story.

Zoom, take me to work. I'll draw a robot in 3D. Do not ask for money. Still no one to draw. cool

DEV Zoom wrote:

You got banned because you started acting crazy again (as you do) and started spamming topics (in caps, and which already existed). End of story.

I'm sorry you and your development team won't fix problems till someone uses dem big letters.

Lets talk about acting crazy.

http://steamcharts.com/app/223410#3m

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Just sell the game to someone who give a rats *** about the game's future. End of story.

RIP PERPETUUM

Celebro wrote:

Just sell the game to someone who give a rats *** about the game's future. End of story.

Yesterday: update in EVE.
Today: update in Robocraft.
Cool! smile

Something does not work with our developers and they are very demoralized...

They aren't demoralized.  They just aren't efficient.