Topic: why my pc is slow

I dont understand.
Amd x4 955+gtx 460+win7 all low lewel detail.10-15 fps
another pc intel coreduo 6750+8800 gts nvidia+ winxp high detail 30 fps.

Re: why my pc is slow

Perpetuum is very very badly optimized. You need a high-end system to run it almost properly.

Jasdemi wrote:

Perpetuum is very very badly optimized. You need a high-end system to run it almost properly.

on second pc.my old pc perpetuum run very well.in first pc,my new pc perpetuum have slow fps.and my new pc not high end pc?x4 955+gtx 460 is low end system?

4 (edited by Henkst 2011-01-02 15:04:16)

I can run multiple (at least 2) instances on my 5 year old machine with agp gfx card - so - dunno if its that badly optimized.

I am beginning to wonder if Windows 7 is having a more significant performance issue with the client than XP is.

XB63G wrote:

I am beginning to wonder if Windows 7 is having a more significant performance issue with the client than XP is.

Hardly proof, but I've crashed about 12 times upon zoning out of a terminal on my Win 7 machine.  Never crashed on xp.

7 (edited by Alexander 2011-01-03 08:24:45)

alfri wrote:

I dont understand.

Make sure your drivers are up to date and you've got the most up to date DirectX9 installed.
Shadows tend to cause a lot of problems and on a computer like that you should be getting 60+ FPS (Depending if V.Synced or not). Turn shadows off if they're on.

I've been using Windows 7 from the get-go and I've never had that many crashes. large combat only. This game doesn't like Radeon or AMD very much but I find it hard to believe a different processor would cause a drop in FPS.

Are you noticing an FPS drop in any other game?

The Game

Alexander wrote:
alfri wrote:

I dont understand.

Make sure your drivers are up to date and you've got the most up to date DirectX9 installed.
Shadows tend to cause a lot of problems and on a computer like that you should be getting 60+ FPS (Depending if V.Synced or not). Turn shadows off if they're on.

I've been using Windows 7 from the get-go and I've never had that many crashes. large combat only. This game doesn't like Radeon or AMD very much but I find it hard to believe a different processor would cause a drop in FPS.

my first pc is new.The driver are the last go out.i havent problem with other game.in perpetuum i play without shadow and aa.

I'll trade you some articles and sentence spacing for your bad fps.

->You just lost The Game<-

alfri wrote:
Alexander wrote:
alfri wrote:

I dont understand.

my first pc is new.The driver are the last go out.i havent problem with other game.in perpetuum i play without shadow and aa.

I play with max detail and aa and fps varies a lot, from 10 to 60.

As some1 said already, P is badly optimised. Give it a year smile And dont worry, you dont need high fps that badly, unless you pvp. And if you pvp, drop all details from gfx anyway.

C'est la vie, don't fight it smile

o/

This is the xxx spot.

I have an AMD Quad core phenom 2 3.2ghz, 4 GIG ddr3 1600hmz memory, ATI HD 5850 1gig gfx card and i get average 17-40 (if im luckey) FPS im always mainly on 20 fps and im very worried in pvp i will drop to unplayable fps levels. im running fullscreen 1920x1080 on max setting AAx4 and shdows on full and am using Windows 7 64 bit UE. if anyopne with similar set up to me or not has got this game to run better please reply wink

12 (edited by BigCountry 2011-01-03 16:40:33)

In large group PvP (30-40 players), turn off all the robot details. Reboot PO before you start though, do not do it in parallel to the fight on the same client instance. Even so in that, video lag is the least of your concerns....it's the network lag that is killing us...least if your on the Western side of the globe.

For example, I have to wait 4-5 seconds just to click target someone, then another 3-4 seconds to activate a module on someone....and the rubberbanding...holy chit! lol

Good news is, that's fixable, but it's not going to be cheap for them atm.
sad

I run perp out of a ramdisk setup, much like I did eve.

I have considered swapping it to the SSD and seeing which runs better.

Each instance of the game (up to four for now) gets it's own ramdisk and it runs pretty damned well sitting at 60FPS with each instance in it's own monitor.

But this is with two i9s and 2x295 and 16GB of ram. :toot: