Re: The lag is unbearable

Nastergal wrote:

Any kiwis out there that can get a better connection with a VPN tunnel, please let me know how.  Mine is twice as slow with AnchorFree, obviously not a solution for NZ sad

I play from NZ, 380+ lag all the time with it often going into N/A.

Tried to join in some big pvp and almost couldnt get back to the tele as I keep rubber banding back where I was.

Major sucks from NZ but im just sticking with it hoping for a server move to somewhere in the US

Methman wrote:

Major sucks from NZ but im just sticking with it hoping for a server move to somewhere in the US

No thanks. Majority of PO players are from EU, as the Americans are all playing carebear WoW.
The server is working fine, it's just you and few people who live on the moon.

Although what you could do is trying a proxy service like SmoothPing or so.

28 (edited by BigCountry 2011-01-03 16:44:07)

Zoom you guys need to relocated the hosting facility asap man. It's not your servers, its not our clients. It's the routing to that hosting facility in Budapest.

It's pretty barbaric for the US players atm.
hehe

20v20 is next to impossible for me. My LAG is insane, East Coast US. It's to the point where I second guess even participating in it.
sad

How much money is involved in moving hosting facilities to a better "global" location? Is it expensive for you guys? Maybe we can all donate some cash and help or something for the initial move/setup. Where are the EvE servers hosted?

Eve servers are located in London, costs them a fortune though for their level of hosting. Would need a lot more subs before Perpetuum could afford that hosting.

Yeah, I know it will be $ to move them no doubt regardless. Sucks.

EURO-Bots Online

Name change maybe? Seeing that it doesn't work so well for anyone outside of Europe, lol

All subs 'cancelled', thanks for a week of fun and 3 weeks of frustration.

Nastergal wrote:

EURO-Bots Online

Name change maybe? Seeing that it doesn't work so well for anyone outside of Europe, lol

All subs 'cancelled', thanks for a week of fun and 3 weeks of frustration.

lolwut you cant cancel your sub.

->You just lost The Game<-

I've logged in on about 8 different days and had no problems, lag was at about 420 but seemed fine, run pretty smooth.
Tonight though I was getting constant shift in lag from 450ms-5000ms, as well as the N/A some people have mentioned, weather this is the server or something in between doesn't really matter, it's unplayable.

34 (edited by Kane Shafter 2011-01-23 08:54:00)

I had a usual ping of about 360ms to 700ms. I have been playing for a few weeks now and i never suffered that much lag or rubber banding. Until yesterday, now my ping is from N/A to 2000ms with some serious rubber banding, it is making it impossible to even engage in combat. This hasnt been a problem and only started yesterday, has something been done on the server or possibly does it require a restart. I am at a loss as to what is causing this all of a sudden.

You mentioned earlier in this thread that u just uploaded a patch to help U/S clients with this sort of problem, could this have something to with it.

I havent had any lag in EU - so connection is pretty good. It must be the EU/US connection or the local ISPs.

NZ also my lag is so bad i get rubberbanded every 2secs is totally unplayable

i got motion sickness from just walking between heydlhorn and koykilli

lag, rubberbanding, auto run stopping, latency, etc. I had fun friday night and wanted to play more, but can't play on a game with this bad of performance. I'm in the USA. Even running a transport mission is intolerable. Running combat missions, grinding kernels or pvping is out of the question.

I'm playing in the Eastern US, lots of rubberbanding for the last three days.

yep not blaming the servers at all but the rubberbanding in Australia is crap. Usually sit at around 400 and it's more than playable however the last week has been.... well...At this point I won't be renewing any subs

Try that Hotspot program from anchorfree their talking about, I loaded it up yesterday and its running much better, no rubberbaning or 5000ms spikes, I'm on the east coast of Australia, Its now running in the 300ms range, with spikes up to 700s, but its no where near as bad as before.

Logged in just then and it was weird. Running normal ping (350), except every 3-4 seconds i would spring to 600 and rubber band me, making traveling really hard to do. No issue at my end - something has changed on the server's end I take it?

Same here in Eastern Australia...385 ping, relatively stable but rubberbanding is terrible. No autorun feature that runs stable or constant.
I'm still running other games in Australia (FPS games) at a stable 32ms with no rubberbanding

43 (edited by Shelts916 2011-01-24 11:01:20)

yep same, all my other internet action in gaming is not havin a problem, I have port forwarded, tried the hotspot thing . couldnt seem to get it to work but unsure whether i want it on my comp due to security issue, even tryn to get to this website can be a chore. Oh and I am in west Australia.

@Devs - have you guys done some server work in the last 72hours that maybe inadvertively causing this, its just strange the way it came last saturday?

started playing a week ago on alt , ping was sitting at 350 fine and dandy no spikes or anything

im in new zealand

til 2 days ago where its just become unplayable 600 constant with ping spikes up to 2k etc

Started a new topic which might shed some light on the problem, please post there if it affects you.