Topic: Mining Changes ?

Came back today and found lots of mining changes.  Someone in Gen Chat said mining was given a 50% bonus "at the last balancing". I assume this was AFTER the balance patch everybody complained so much about.  Anyway, I don't see any info in the patch notes referencing the 50% mining bonus and removal of heat map. 

Can someone explain the changes and/or point me at a link ?

Thanks guys !!!

Re: Mining Changes ?

The base yield that all miners pull was increased by 50% causing cascading amplification when parsed down the line of the algorithms making mining more efficient then it used to be. At least that's how it was explained to me, I'm not normally a miner big_smile

50% increase
http://www.perpetuum-online.com/Changelog:2014-11-18

That was after they nerfed the mining bonus on all the indies so in the end it didn't balance much at all. Second worst patch in the history of the game.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

5 (edited by Yojimbo 2015-02-07 15:47:26)

Amano Terijima wrote:

The base yield that all miners pull was increased by 50% causing cascading amplification when parsed down the line of the algorithms making mining more efficient then it used to be. At least that's how it was explained to me, I'm not normally a miner big_smile

Thanks - I actually read the patch note posted by Aye Pod and completely missed the line about the 50%!  Doh !

The piece that seems to be missing in the notes must be that it was nerfed to hard to start with.

Thanks again guys !!!

Edit for spelling.