Topic: New devblog: January status report

The new devblog continues to explain the incoming random assignments, provides more details on the teleport network revamp, and reports where we stand with the development:

http://blog.perpetuum-online.com/posts/ … us-report/

2 (edited by Annihilator 2015-01-24 21:53:36)

Re: New devblog: January status report

its about time.

you don't need to revert the speed boost, just make the heavie mechs "slow", and remove spark teleporting.
oh, and rethink giving the fastest bots the largest detection range...

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

You did say you were goons change sparks to one alpha one gamma a long time ago. *** do it already.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Thank you Zoom!, Important thing you make this Blogs monthly so the players can adabt and see what is going exactly! Keep up the good work!

So betas will be also has the new assigment "kiosks" ? And new teleport and higway rework? That would be HUGE change on PVP guys!

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

Inda wrote:

So betas will be also has the new assigment "kiosks" ? And new teleport and higway rework? That would be HUGE change on PVP guys!

Betas will definitely have the field terminals too, including Beta2, where we currently don't have assignments at all.

Whether we should do the teleport & highway changes for betas is open for discussion, you're right that it would possibly bring big changes to PvP. I might do a poll on that one.

o0 Does that mean we are going to get assignments on Beta2?

Will these kiosks be accessible by everyone without regard for station ownership?

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Syndic wrote:

Will these kiosks be accessible by everyone without regard for station ownership?

That is currently the plan, yes. And outpost owners will get a special reward multiplier when doing assignments requested at an owned outpost.

Ok what I miss still the team assigment rewards! How about that?

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

Inda wrote:

Ok what I miss still the team assigment rewards! How about that?

Doing assignments in squads is something that's still not quite fleshed out, but our aim is to lose the separate "request for squad" option and make it possible that everyone in a squad can contribute to the leader's assignment.

will missions be as fun as in E:D ?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

Annihilator wrote:

will missions be as fun as in E:D ?

Missions are fun in E:D? smile

13 (edited by Annihilator 2015-01-25 16:24:58)

thats the point.
some are, some are not.

but whats definitely more fun in ED then in Perp is the existance of "law" and negative standing.
I never understood why you gradually removed the npc factions from perp.

smuggling, law enforcement, war, piracy... all that doesn't really exist in perp.

Please Please Please Please for the love of god and all that's holy have some information produced off the back end that shows how often each mission is done and then you will see whats being used and what is not. If you have a moment of competence then add an algorithm that automatically adjusts payout based upon usage so that it autofixes balancing issues.

If you dont do this someone will find the mission thats easiest and pays out the most just like everyone does in every other game and then abuse the crap out of it for hella cashh

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Jita: I don't think you understood what the new system is about. Getting the exact same mission will be like winning the lottery.

DEV Zoom wrote:

Jita: I don't think you understood what the new system is about. Getting the exact same mission will be like winning the lottery.

I think you will find that a particular type in a particular location with enough back up and fore thought will significantly out perform the rest. The high level industrial missions look ripe for that kind of thing.

It surely cant be that much work having some info off the back of usage by mission, mission type, location etc.

Sure, we had that kind of statistics so far as well, but there was no easy way to react to them.

DEV Zoom wrote:

Sure, we had that kind of statistics so far as well, but there was no easy way to react to them.

Well if those statistics were around before you would have seen the same few missions used by argano's over and over. It would also have shown you the transport mission use. This would have then allowed you to stop the amount of tokens created by this. This would have balanced beacon creation making beacon pits less of an issue.

Given that these have created massive game breaking wealth for corps like STC it is important.

Good to know that things are progressing.

Still interested to see exactly what the different templates are. I'm slightly concerned that despite their randomness assignments might still end up a little repetitive if the objectives only vary between, for example, number of NPCs and locations you have to go to kill them. Please tell me the templates are more varied than this.

I like the idea of rewards varying according to what random objectives pop up but equally it would be nice if one did not know what to expect on every assignment. Even if not all objectives are revealed on accepting the assignment one might hazard a guess based on the reward offered. 

The element of surprise, heading into an unknown situation and real possibility of losing your bot are all a lot of fun in their own way.

20 (edited by Annihilator 2015-01-27 12:55:13)

well, since there is no sandbox AI yet, the objectives probably won't be any different from the current one.
I doubt even that "scripted" events aside from the existing ones are possible with the first itteration of the system - And as Zoom wrote there, the second step will be seeding all islands with it.

now remember how far the past mission revamps progressed regarding that step. mission seeding didn't reach beta 2 islands, transport mission revamp took two years to reach beta 1 islands, geoscan missions on beta a probably still the same, just migrated into the current mission-selection interface.

currently we have 6 alpha and 3 beta islands that need to be migrated into the new system, and 3 beta islands that even need to have the objective locations seeded.

cya next year.

(edit: sorry for the negativity, but thats how i see it until proven wrong)

DEV Zoom wrote:
Inda wrote:

Betas will definitely have the field terminals too, including Beta2, where we currently don't have assignments at all.

Whether we should do the teleport & highway changes for betas is open for discussion, you're right that it would possibly bring big changes to PvP. I might do a poll on that one.

If you're going to make a global change to bot speed but only optimize travel on alpha then you'll inadvertently create a reinforcement advantage from alpha stages.

If you make a global change that is intended to work with another change then you have to make both changes globally or you create imbalances.   

Please don't create imbalances.  What Annihilator suggested is pretty good stuff. 

-K

btw, when can we expect the next balancing pass?

playerbase is low, the stuff that is supposed to keep new players ingame is still WIP,
the bittervet corps like CIR, 77 and Jita are pissed already,

so what harm would it do to try out new crazy balance twists?
Those Vet-corps have corp storages stuffed with t4 variants of every possible module, and still thousands of leftover EP to crosstrain into whatever becomes the FOTM build anyway.
cool

Revert the speed boost.
Give Mechs roles again.
At present I get Fatal Error: Invalid Data! Please try again later! I guess you are taking the hamsters for a stroll.
Appreciate your effort.
Hope this game will be fun again at some point.

Remedy Inc. recruiting. Schliess dich uns an. Bewerbung und Guides unter: www.remedy-inc.de
#Bad Robot
#RSI Star Citizen: REMEDY