Re: LAGS!

I can't login any more.  So I don't even try anymore.

You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

After spending a few nights last week looking at the "connecting to dataserver" msg. I decided to play around and install a vpn.  I used the vpn that was mentioned in an old perp forum post (for aussie lag issues), I set my location to Germany and didn't it connect right away, every time on all my clients.

So if you are not able to connect to the game, go download Hotspot shield, set the location to Europe somewhere (I used Germany) and I think you will be able to connect.

This wont fix lag issues, but should get players into the game again.  It is a small PItA, since you have to close and reopen all you connections (games, ts3, browser, etc) when you switch between using it and not.  And google now defaults to German launguges (lol). 

To help the devs some (maybe).  I was able to connect directly to the game most of the weekend, but late Sun night (US time), it started to get lost again and I had to revert back to this VPN method.  I think this coincides with EU business traffic times... maybe tell you server they are still AFUd.

lol why not fire up Tor and play Perpetuum through that.   Apparently the perp servers are hosted in North Korea.

I'm sorry I have to laugh. It's so absurd its funny.

Its a damn shame.

The one thing I have noticed  isthat the further from the server you are the more it affects you

N/A lag reached during fight on kent between 03:45 and 04:00 with only 10-13 bots on grid tops, no internet problems, yet lag strangely only happened as enemy fleet showed up and fighting happened then would go N/A then all of a sudden they would disappear off ciew and lag would be perfectly fine.

Then when I died I did not see my death for about 5-10 seconds and my insurance payout came out with 2k HP left and 5 seconds later I finally see my death explosion lol.

Take my ideas of possibility for what you will but I suspect either:
1.(Likely perhaps): The servers for the yellow islands are just the *** and cannot host PvP fights of even the smallest scale.
2.(very unlikely but still a thought): Someone could somehow be tampering with connections to *** and making certain people and things go N/A specificly during PvP with some silly on/off switch.

But who knows, Perhaps the nodes or whatever the server thing is for yellow islands are just the weakest of the bunch, did gang PvP on the green islands all week and none of us had any lag problem there. so who knows.

One thing for certain, Im not apart of the lag experience club. tongue

Reading this signature fills you with determination.

Dude.... This has been happening since the tree and speed patch.........   I reported it in October, its the reason I got banned on steam asking when it was going to get fixed..

BeastmodeGuNs wrote:

N/A lag reached during fight on kent between 03:45 and 04:00 with only 10-13 bots on grid tops, no internet problems, yet lag strangely only happened as enemy fleet showed up and fighting happened then would go N/A then all of a sudden they would disappear off ciew and lag would be perfectly fine.

Then when I died I did not see my death for about 5-10 seconds and my insurance payout came out with 2k HP left and 5 seconds later I finally see my death explosion lol.

Take my ideas of possibility for what you will but I suspect either:
1.(Likely perhaps): The servers for the yellow islands are just the *** and cannot host PvP fights of even the smallest scale.
2.(very unlikely but still a thought): Someone could somehow be tampering with connections to *** and making certain people and things go N/A specificly during PvP with some silly on/off switch.

But who knows, Perhaps the nodes or whatever the server thing is for yellow islands are just the weakest of the bunch, did gang PvP on the green islands all week and none of us had any lag problem there. so who knows.

One thing for certain, Im not apart of the lag experience club. tongue

This has been happening on both sides, symptoms have been seen on both yellow and green on our side. There was a monitor going as well during one of the fights and packet loss spiked hard to the server by that person.

BMG, you must take off your tin hat BEFORE you post. big_smile

Aye Pod wrote:

BMG, you must take off your tin hat BEFORE you post. big_smile

Its the god hand ofc.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Connecting to data server....

Same here, Connecting to data server, everyday from 6pm to 11pm EST... Can't play when i'm actually not at work...

Back to more lag again today........1500---3000---n/a on Hersh, then same at Norhoop. A similar experience later in the day at  Kentagura. Zoom this is killing your game and rendering PVP none playable. Any news please !

264 (edited by Blocker 2015-01-28 11:35:22)

I don't think there is any point trying to pvp anymore, for us here in AU anyway. Just had another fight on Kent and couldn't even get a shot off, hit spacebar and... and... and.. dead. Even running back to Shin main terminal lag hits over 1000 and I start to rubberband all over the place.

Your game is broke Zoom..

[edit] Even the website is really really slow..

[last edit] Well confirmed lag has made pvp impossible. Sorry but no more pvp for me. Just had another battle at SI and started out ok, but soon I was jumping around everywhere, couldn't change targets, couldn't stop shooting or once stopped start again..

After 4 years it may be time for me to find another game.

Same here, recently I cant really PVP, and decided not (last week), at 16:00 - 24:00 (server time) and now in morning I also has nearly 1 000 ms LAG this is not go guys!

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

We had another try with Kent as South Isetsu.......started off reasonable...but then bam....lag.....next 3\4 armour gone...dead. I was looking forward to the fight...but I will not be PVPing now......

just safe PVE :S

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

268 (edited by BeastmodeGuNs 2015-01-28 16:10:29)

Me, Shy, and cutman all also experienced a heavy amount of lag during a small terminal brawl we had with NSE on norhoop at 04:24 server time near tmb, im surprised that my demob and guns worked and that targets on my screen rubberbanded inside my range me rather then so far that I could not see them anymore, lol.

To be exact, had some 5-10 second delays on module activation, and rubberbanding happened every 10 seconds, after the fight, everything was fine as usual. except for some delays in use of repair service for mod repair and trying to open folders in station which had alot of delay too.

I dunno wtf is going on, but this lag has gotten much worse in the last few days, I've gone from never having lag to having lag in even the smallest of gang fights...

Also(for the high nian council of forum trolls and bitter forum warriors and all other nians):

DEV Crm wrote:

[16:17:37]  yes, i also dropped just now a very serious email to our ISP
[16:18:22]  I asked them if we could move to a different location, like london or so
[16:19:06]  I mean Internap is the best known gaming ISP currently on the planet. I have no idea what is this issue recently with them.

BeastmodeGuNs wrote:

Me, Shy, and cutman all also experienced a heavy amount of lag during a small terminal brawl we had with NSE on norhoop at 04:24 server time near tmb, im surprised that my demob and guns worked and that targets on my screen rubberbanded inside my range me rather then so far that I could not see them anymore, lol.

To be exact, had some 5-10 second delays on module activation, and rubberbanding happened every 10 seconds, after the fight, everything was fine as usual. except for some delays in use of repair service for mod repair and trying to open folders in station which had alot of delay too.

I dunno wtf is going on, but this lag has gotten much worse in the last few days, I've gone from never having lag to having lag in even the smallest of gang fights...

Welcome to my world, I had perfect connections when I started the game. Then they talked to Internap to 'work' on the problems for others, now I've learned I can use the chat windows to check if I still have connection (which I lose all the time now).

the bug that you cant log in anymore now also effects me since yesterday evening.

client error message: "Invald data! Please try again later!"

also applies to test server.

a new installation of the clienet changes nothing.
also it affects my personal and my working computer.
they are in the same town, but are at different locations.

Zortarg wrote:

the bug that you cant log in anymore now also effects me since yesterday evening.

Have you tried logging in with someone else's account? I wonder if it's account based.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Jita wrote:
Zortarg wrote:

Have you tried logging in with someone else's account? I wonder if it's account based.

yea i had that idea myself.
since i have 5 accounts and its all the same problem with all of them.

Or maybe you have a programmer with crooked hands? roll
Check the code or change the data center. Changing the data center will quickly find out the cause. wink

Zortarg: the live server and the test server are in different countries with different ISPs, so this is likely something on your end.