Topic: More HP for Proximity Probes

More HP for Proximity Probes ?

So what do you think ?

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

Re: More HP for Proximity Probes

Why?

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

3 (edited by Aye Pod 2015-01-19 03:03:28)

I say add limited time probes that dont add to the max number of perm deployed ones. Make it a skill to the individual to increase time of probe and maybe at max level add another probe able to be deployed. Makes beta/gamma activities more interesting.

4 (edited by Blocker 2015-01-19 03:54:44)

Inda wrote:

More HP for Proximity Probes ?

So what do you think ?

Without you explaining why probes should have more HP, I'm going to just straight out say no.

Didn't the Dev's buff the scouting abilities of lights just recently?
Seeing as your alliance includes 3/4 of the active server population, don't you have enough people to put in lights to act as eyes ?

I mean no offence, but I don't understand the basis for your suggestion. As Jita said, "Why?"

I would prefer a way to activate or deactivate probes at a corp level.  Make it a corp permissions level.

Philosophical reasoning:
If a probe alert goes off and there's nobody around to hear it - should it have been there in the first place?

Extra health though.. hmm..  an armored probe would be kind of funny to watch some poor 1 gun castel try to take out but fail miserably and have to run away.  But then nobody would ever put down normal probes.

Honestly though once it's alerted someone it's done it's job and might as well be killed. What's the point of having it tank extra shots?

how much? Is it important if kill time will be 30 sec instead of 20?

The theory of mutual interests
Why the crybabies wins?
Где Ханя - там победа (с)
DEV Zoom: No need to speculate...

I can see buffing the HP a little bit, that way it requires an assault instead of a light in order to pop it in say 30 seconds or less? Other then that, I do think timed personal probes would be of great interest, so long as they expire in say an hour and ping only for the one placing them making it so they must stay there and engaged. This would also be another NIC sink, which in my opinion there is not enough of as I find myself with NIC and the only real reason to use it is for probes, teles, a little building, and sparks. (Possibly an ICE or two as well).

And on that note, I think building more consumables would be nice too. Imagine having to make your tele's instead of buying them. Make it a decent recipe and we have more materials being used up. And while I'm on that note, remove sparks and bring back insta-spool or short spool tele's, that would make life more segregated and lower the projection capabilities.

/END THOUGHTS

Thought from Gen Chat :

Temp combat probes would make small gang and solo PvP more viable, and help introduce more conflict as bots are less likely to miss each other when roaming. Would also encourage Ninja mining beta as well making more population push to beta islands creating content for hunters and industrialists alike.

9 (edited by Inda 2015-01-19 10:08:22)

I think it is really clear why I suggested that, that has 150 HP. So too easy to kill with an Arkhe even.

Make a 2nd probe who has more HP to not able to kill with Arkhe in NO second!

At least assault with 30-45 sec shooting! Aka 2 000 -3 000 HP. And cost 5 millio or something.

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

Inda wrote:

I think it is really clear why I suggested that, that has 150 HP. So too easy to kill with an Arkhe even.

At least assault with 30-45 sec shooting! Aka 2 000 -3 000 HP. And cost 5 millio or something.

You might think it's clear, but not everyone thinks so. Just saying it needs more HP doesn't say WHY you think that.

It's been like that for a while, and no-one has seemed to complain about it, till now, even when we all used to use probes. Personally I don't give a rats you can make it 1000000 HP for all I care. I just wanted to know why you think it needed more HP after all this time them being in game.

V

Inda wrote:

For an arhke a probe is like another player. Meaning you have full interference. Resulting in around 70 sec lock time. Also you get the detection debuff wirh the arhke when near a probe. Means you vave a hard time finding it because you literaly have to stand on top of it to see it. So the arhke argument is invalid.
I only see one reason for more hps. Some ppl dont want to replace their probes aml the time since they easy get shot down by a light.
The probes are a easy way to scout and alert you. It should not be made any more easy by giving the owner more time to respond because it takes a while to kill it.

So no to more hps.

I think that sounds about right Zort...Inda all this time in the game and never an issue with probes.....now yours get shot and you want to change the game to suite you.......

the only reason for probes having more hitpoints OR smaller hitsize would be to increase the time it takes to kill one, to give the owner a longer time to actually check for the ping.

AFAIK there is no log who has attacked or killed the probe.

well, i don't care, because i don't kill probes at all... i just neut them empty

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Make Alpha worthless to live on compared to Beta.

Then everyone will have better things to do then suicide arkhes on Alpha-Beta gates while running an alpha farming bot on the other monitor.

Problem solved.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

If the problem is 'why hasn't everyone quit yet' the it would solve the problem sure.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

People have been harping that song for years. It's a logical fallacy since none of the buffs to Alpha resulted in any kind of population increase.

Players quit because unless you're running a cruncher on Gamma your max-income generation is botting spawns on Alpha. There's literally no reason whatsoever to bother making the time investment to capture a Beta and actively play the game.

Nothing to do except grind for grind's sake - might as well buy another game on steam and run the bot in the background.

CIR Complaint Form

What has been observed to increase population:   Steam Sale
What has been observed to reduce population:  Lack of content

I would say this should be in another forum post but, well, it's in EVERY forum post.

Small correction - there's no new content, and there's no reason whatsoever to bother experiencing 2/3rds of the existing content.

Dear Devs - Stop imagining this is World of Tanks where casual hobos jump in for quick 15 mins of "fun". Either go back to building EVE Mk2 or just turn off the damn servers already.

CIR Complaint Form

This all about
risk vs reward

kill a probe now:
nearly no risk > reward (no risk: light kill a probe in no second)
I would see:
more risk = reward (more risk: team of light kill a probe)

Sorry guys, I didnt changed, and I dont complain about proxy probes. I think this game mechanics would need balancing. Beacause of the game, not for me or ETHOS. WHY now? Beacuse now I clearly see the problem about them.

Energy to Earth!

Syndic wrote:

People have been harping that song for years. It's a logical fallacy since none of the buffs to Alpha resulted in any kind of population increase.

Players quit because unless you're running a cruncher on Gamma your max-income generation is botting spawns on Alpha. There's literally no reason whatsoever to bother making the time investment to capture a Beta and actively play the game.

Nothing to do except grind for grind's sake - might as well buy another game on steam and run the bot in the background.

to be fair to your point resource generation overall is far too easy. Even a new corp that's half organised can have far more stuff than they actually need in total safety. Scarcity is virtually none existent.

I'm for introducing scarcity across the game as a whole but that would need to go hand in hand with a full asset wipe. I imagine that's about as popular as AIDS

Inda wrote:

This all about
risk vs reward

kill a probe now:
I would see:

Sorry guys, I didnt changed, and I dont complain about proxy probes. I think this game mechanics would need balancing. Beacause of the game, not for me or ETHOS. WHY now? Beacuse now I clearly see the problem about them.

oh you mean the probe needs lots of hitpoints to have an more violent explosion so shooting it down actually means a risk for the attacking player.

+100. needs 10k hitpoints and negative resists

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Inda wrote:

This all about
risk vs reward

kill a probe now:
I would see:

How do you weigh the risk for the attacker that you've alerted everybody in the corp - not just the ones on the island?

23 (edited by Altera 2015-01-19 19:36:28)

Kayin Prime wrote:

What has been observed to increase population:   Steam Sale
What has been observed to reduce population:  Lack of content

I would say this should be in another forum post but, well, it's in EVERY forum post.

I think this post should be in EVERY topic!  DEVs need to make new content and stop tweeking the current mechanics.  They can not do both at the same time (some will argue they cant do either individually, but plz dont go there) and they need to make new content to get folks playing this game again.

Why so you can get banned for trolling?

You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

25 (edited by Celebro 2015-01-20 00:21:46)

Mark my words; there will be no meaningful content ever that will bring 100s of new players, stop deluding yourselves.

So enjoy what you have, if you still like the game.

RIP PERPETUUM