Topic: Transport Assignment Nerf

so, who decided that these assignments were OP?

like it wasn't enough of a time sink for aquiring ready cash now it takes even longer
nice for solo players that needed a boost in the ol' NIC since they didn't have big daddy to go to

message to soloers - not welcomed here?

guess i'll cheat and redo the tutorial

Re: Transport Assignment Nerf

You lost 4.5K per mission. Are you honestly that sensitive to minor changes?

Here is an idea, work up the diplomacy skills to get your NIC acquired per run back to where it was, or go shoot somethings, or mine some ore, or scan some bots etc.

Honestly if you think this is the only way to solo you are doing it wrong.

the question is
who decided (and possibly how) these assignments were OP?

missed that part or did you just decide you needed to make a random post?

and yes i know how to play (after playing a short time in OB i had 5mil and all the bots i needed)

this is just another peg to force grouping as far as i can see
i'm sure there will be others - from personal experience the developers of sandbox style games tend to only listen to their buddies in big corps/guilds

Riggsville wrote:

the question is
who decided (and possibly how) these assignments were OP?

missed that part or did you just decide you needed to make a random post?

and yes i know how to play (after playing a short time in OB i had 5mil and all the bots i needed)

this is just another peg to force grouping as far as i can see
i'm sure there will be others - from personal experience the developers of sandbox style games tend to only listen to their buddies in big corps/guilds

You do know this is an MMO dont you, get some friends and make more money roll

It was an unnecessary nerf...

If the Dev's make it too hard to get NIC, people will turn to RMT or just leave...

Transport mission were a good option to doing combat mission that are imbalanced in regard to how much NIC you make and how much you spend on over-priced ammo...

Play at least 2 other MMOs and you'll see how incredibly easy and low risk these transport missions are right now. This is an MMO, not Farmville.

Making money too easy will affect the market, which will require more money. Lowering the NIC you receive from easy, no risk, VERY quick missions is a good thing. The only downside to these missions is boredom, and that is a horrible motivational tool.

Transportation missions should be useful to generate money as a last resort, so you can get back into the game when everything is destroyed. It should not be a primary way to earn NIC.

Srsly, don't complain that you don't make the biggest bucks from your auto run skills.

Just like the rest of the game, the bigger the risk the bigger the reward.  Get level4-6 missions on beta and you'll make bank but also be dodging npcs and players.

The fact that those missions were spammed so much shows they needed a nerf.

I am Perpetuum's Most Dangerous Agent and an equal opportunity troll.
-> You just lost The Game <-
"Perpetuum sounds like a something I would stick up my *** for enjoyement." -Kaito Kurusaki

... or it shows that you have to do them about 200 times first, before you can do the more risky ones.

You can do any assignment for that corp and most have a variety. Transport is just an afk mission that is extremely easy to run 4/5/6+ clients at a time with.

"Perpetuum sounds like a something I would stick up my *** for enjoyement." -Kaito Kurusaki

no official response
pity
typical

would just like the thought process involved

so now i'm cheating like the big corps did/do and farm the no risk tutorial - effective nerf huh?

The nerf is to the afk lowbie 10 client runs. Do higher ones, the nerf is not even 10% of payout

Riggsville wrote:

no official response
pity
typical

would just like the thought process involved

so now i'm cheating like the big corps did/do and farm the no risk tutorial - effective nerf huh?

Wow get off your high horse - like the Dev's have the time to comment on every post. They are active in the game and in the forums, but pouting and throwing a tantrum when they don't respond fast enough to your "needs" (AKA wants).

They probably look at the economy of faucets and sinks and saw an area that needed to be modified.

Its not a game breaking change.

Riggsville wrote:

I did get over it, NEXT

Dragonloff wrote:
Riggsville wrote:

I did get over it, NEXT

+1

For me the transport assignement = easy up relation ship to unlock lv2 assignement...  not to do  easy NIC smile so it's not a real pb for me this nerf

16 (edited by Jasdemi 2010-11-24 10:39:42)

QQ moar, OP.

I have to say this nerf was needed (even though I was earning quite well from them myself). The low level transport missions contained no risk and could be done in afk mode, but still pay out better than any other mission type if you knew how to do it.

Jasdemi wrote:

QQ moar, OP.

can't spell even after editing huh

not having a fit or a tantrum - so the attacks by the Perpetuum Protectorate aren't needed

would just like to know why this hardly necessary nerf became a priority considering everything else that could and should be dealt with (and now with desync - whoohoo)

and yes i play with friends - real life friends - fortunately friends that don't come with a group-mind mindset (heil!)

certainly future recommendations for Perpetuum will include a warning about the community

19 (edited by Jelan 2010-11-24 17:05:47)

Riggsville wrote:
Jasdemi wrote:

QQ moar, OP.

certainly future recommendations for Perpetuum will include a warning about the community

I agree, a bunch of elitist twunts and forum trolls lol

p.s. l2p

/10l2p's

edit: or in my case find some other people that know how to play and ask them wink

Riggsville wrote:

They'll just warn new players away from trying to interact with M2S members on any respectable level.

Bartlebe wrote:
Riggsville wrote:

They'll just warn new players away from trying to interact with M2S members on any respectable level.

I'm shocked and hurt sad

Riggsville wrote:

not having a fit or a tantrum - so the attacks by the Perpetuum Protectorate aren't needed

would just like to know why this hardly necessary nerf became a priority considering everything else that could and should be dealt with (and now with desync - whoohoo)

and yes i play with friends - real life friends - fortunately friends that don't come with a group-mind mindset (heil!)

Low hanging fruit...They probably saw that the economy was being flooded with NIC at some department head meeting, also noticed that the number of these missions being done was also very high, realized that they could make a very fast and easy tweak to the NIC in game by adjusting the rates. On the other side of the coin, it would have been a good move to have set the amounts on these missions high at the beginning to get money out into the economy quick and it was planned to change these prices from the start.
Either way, it is not worth this much flaming, whining, and crying over something that most agree was too high in the first place.

Note, i said most, not all.

Who the $#@% is stEvE?