Re: Jumping to Alpha when Flagged - Serious discussion

lol kayin

sure there is little to no opportunity to gank someone, when your BLUE with 90% of the server and 99% of the ones that ever go to beta.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

joke, chaos, others and doy seem pretty big to me

Rasnath wrote:
Kayin Prime wrote:
Rasnath wrote:

getting pvp flagged when porting to beta from alpha is a bad idea. Just outright bad. Any transporters or artifacters getting pvped on alpha looks bad.

Why?

If you're transporting from Beta to Alpha there should actually be a risk.  Right now you drop a standard tele, wait for it to spool, undock,  run to tele,  jump to exit tele.   There's practically no opportunity for gank. If you can tank 1 shot then you're invincible hauling to Alpha.  Guaranteed success.   

Hauling from gamma to alpha actually poses acceptable risk because after you jump out of gamma you're still pvp-able. Exactly as it should be and exactly as proposed.

Do you realize how much content this game could have if people could actually gank supply lines?  I would trade gate games for legitimate supply line defense any day of the week, no matter how it makes my own life harder.

-K

simple, you have molecular instability when you get out of teleport. A scarab gets oneshot.

Between my instability and syndicate protection is approx a 15 second window. 
15 seconds.
Let me say that again,  15 SECONDS. That's it, that's your whole window.  For the hauler, that's all the risk you have. 15 seconds of risk.

I didn't say there was no window, I said there was practically no window, because 15 seconds is not practical. 

Put a plate on your scarab and suddenly there is no risk at all.  Who's plated a scarab before because it'd make them survive a 1 shot? Who could that be Rasnath? Anybody we know? Nudge nudge wink wink.

I'm about to start telling stories of when we jump Scarabs through Beta right in front of fleets at a teleport to try and get them to flag. It's so ridiculous we rub it in people's faces.

-K

Rasnath wrote:

If you look at the number of players in the corp then sure, if you look at amount who actively play in those corps, then you see the gap and why things are how they are.

Reading this signature fills you with determination.

BeastmodeGuNs wrote:
Rasnath wrote:

If you look at the number of players in the corp then sure, if you look at amount who actively play in those corps, then you see the gap and why things are how they are.

This is true, the number of players listed in a corp is not an accurate representation of active players. In our corp for example we have 7 active players, that is players that log in at least once a week. We used to have 6 but a member returned and has become active again.