Re: Seriously, this patch is dumb

I've always thought demobs should use energy dependent upon the mass of their target and they should always work at the same efficiency.

This would make it very energy intensive to demob something with plates but you could still demob them. Small bots would struggle slowing down large targets.

52 (edited by Ville 2014-12-05 15:17:17)

Burial wrote:

Race Drones and Rex, it's not about avoiding PVP, it's about adding more motion and mobility to the fights.

Fastest bot class pinning down an enemy without it being able to do anything is pre-patch Castel MK2/Troiar MK2-level OP. Castels and Troiars could demob and tank, light EW can demob and jam.

MK1 light EW has accumulator issues. MK2 doesn't. It wasn't good before the patch and is worse now. ECM/Suppression modules should take less accumulator and demob should take a lot more. They shouldn't be able to do both demob and jam. Pick one.

First of all, the entire basis to a full loot pvp sandbox game is FORCING THE ENGAGEMENT.  90% of the fights have to be forced.  You have to commit.  Demob Forces you to make a decision:

Does a fleet leave the tackled guy behind or does it turn around and fight off the light ewar and gang?

The problem is you can completely (AND THIS IS IMPORTANT) negect Ewar with an assault mk2.  Your arblast has 4 head slots.  I am not going to out right tell you how to make an Arbalest completely immune to ewar but it is possible.

So like I said:  You can out demob it, its on par to as fast as you are, it's completely demob resistant, It's immune to ewar effects and it can break your NONE existant tank on a light ewar.  It's quite simple really, LIGHT EWAR ARE WORTHLESS, GG.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

53 (edited by Race Drones 2014-12-05 17:58:13)

Burial wrote:

If the fastest bot class in the game can pin down targets and also eliminate their chance to shoot back to break the demob, it’s an obvious problem.

You're lying yourself and players, NEVER ECM's can 100% eliminate their chance to shoot back to break the demob (obvious, the demod don't eliminate your chance to shoot back), but you know?, you only want the GOD MODE PLAYSTYLE putting DAMAGE TUNNINGS in your head slots and NOT ECCM's.

Burial wrote:

(To save you from tantrum, MK1 light EW isn't the problem. It will cap itself out sooner or later.)

^^ GOD MODE STYLE PLAYER FAN AGAIN! (aka T4 fit), i was cap stable at +50% in the pre-patch (the other accu 50% for shield defense) in a cameleon Mk1, and i'm cap stable at +50% in the post-patch with a new fit.

Being cap stable is more usefull to a ewar/enwar robot.

Lamer's never understood why EWar/EnWar bots have less leg slots but more EWar/EnWar strenght and accumulator capabilities.

... and +1 to logicalNegation ---> http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … ole-bonus/

Ignorance is curable, Stupidity is not.
The "Planet of the Apes" is not science fiction, is a daily reality.
All is in "The Matrix".
See Beyond the Obvious.

You know when you attack people and post in bold and all caps and generally act like your having heart palpitations and the sky is falling it makes it hard to see your point and balance that against other things.

You'd get taken seriously more if you were more measured in your reponses.

Not trolling, just constructive criticism.

Serious is when I post a ticket on an issue 2 months ago and its still pending.  Serious is when I post numbers backing up claims proving them right   Serious is open ended discussion.

Annoyed by shear arrogance and willful ignorance is when Bold and Caps lock comes out.

When I post nothing it means I've found a new game

We have a theory at PoE, and we're going to see if it manifests itself in time.

56 (edited by Burial 2014-12-06 19:05:43)

Race Drones wrote:
Burial wrote:

If the fastest bot class in the game can pin down targets and also eliminate their chance to shoot back to break the demob, it’s an obvious problem.

You're lying yourself and players, NEVER ECM's can 100% eliminate their chance to shoot back to break the demob (obvious, the demod don't eliminate your chance to shoot back), but you know?, you only want the GOD MODE PLAYSTYLE putting DAMAGE TUNNINGS in your head slots and NOT ECCM's.

Doesn't matter how you fit your bots as long as it's possible to fit them up the OP way.

2 ECM, 2 Suppressor, Demob
Shield, Med aux, Frame

One of my Cammy MK2 fits. Demobs, jamms and even tanks few good shots.

Race Drones wrote:
Burial wrote:

(To save you from tantrum, MK1 light EW isn't the problem. It will cap itself out sooner or later.)

^^ GOD MODE STYLE PLAYER FAN AGAIN! (aka T4 fit), i was cap stable at +50% in the pre-patch (the other accu 50% for shield defense) in a cameleon Mk1, and i'm cap stable at +50% in the post-patch with a new fit.

Being cap stable is more usefull to a ewar/enwar robot.

Lamer's never understood why EWar/EnWar bots have less leg slots but more EWar/EnWar strenght and accumulator capabilities.

I'm talking about the light EW fits that can pin targets down and jam them out completely. That's why I said the MK1 light EW isn't an issue since if it goes with that fit, it will cap itself out.

Stop sipping the Kool-Aid and use your head.

@Ville: I'm not saying nerf light EW. MK1-s need a small boost in their accumulator, but at the same time demobs should have their accumulator usage increased 2-3x. Otherwise it's going to be pre-patch Castels/Troiars all over again.

Burial wrote:

Shield, Med aux, Frame

Your slower than the arby mk2 in this fit.  You won't pin down *** with this fit.

It's 145 w/o speed nexus.

Ville wrote:
Burial wrote:

Shield, Med aux, Frame

Your slower than the arby mk2 in this fit.  You won't pin down *** with this fit.

arbalest has only 4 headslots, how can it fit 5 headslot modules?
and with "that fit" as far as possible, its same speed - though, the cammy must use some prototypes too, or else it runs out of reactor.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

DEV Zoom wrote:

But why would a light EW go head on head with an assault robot...? That's suicide, and it's meant to be that way.

With all due respect Dev Zoom, there are few actual dedicated tacklers in the game. I can pretty much list them with one finger. This game now has one less. I wrote a guide for tacklers in your game some months back which suggested that vs:

"Assaults.

Once again you can rely somewhat on locking distance, however the assault class will definitely lock further than a light bot. This reduces your effective window of operations dramatically and makes for an exhilarating experience. You know that they can two-shot you so it’s high risk vs satisfying reward. Their speed is lacking. Your speed, terrain, LOS and your level of aggression are your allies in this battle. Assaults work just fine with demobs and many enemy pvpers will be carrying one. Be very careful against assaults but not too much on the defensive."

My role as a tip of the spear demobber versus ALL robot types, which I have enjoyed immensely since 2010, is all but obsolete and when I have time I'll be updating the guide to reflect my recent in-game, live-server observations and experiences.

Undoubtedly, certain vocal individuals who frequent these forums (who I've rarely ever faced on the battlefield during a real PVP engagement) will have their opinions, but take it from me that having my own allies wonder why I'm fitting the modules that have made me effective over the years is completely infuriating.

In fact, I've just requested that the guide be deleted.

There has been an awakening... Have you felt it?

61 (edited by Ville 2014-12-07 00:37:27)

Burial wrote:

It's 145 w/o speed nexus.

I go faster(edit) in my arbalest.

I kinda like the patch. It's *** in all the right ways.

Smokeyii wrote:

I kinda like the patch. It's *** in all the right ways.

You're saying that as a Seth pilot;), I know how you feel, I'm gonna enjoy one soon.

something is still wrong...
i can't get the DPS of my MK1 mesmer on my MK1 seth with gauss... that "one more tuner" just doesn't want to fit in to get close to it, and then i still don't have that one slot to get the repair tuning in.

neither can i reproduce that "one tuning" as difference. Robots have 10% damage bonus and -9.09% cycletime, while a tuning does 7.5% damage and -7.5% cycletime
theres still some % damage difference that - according to pro-elite-PvPers - do matter.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:

i can't get the DPS of my MK1 mesmer on my MK1 seth with gauss... that "one more tuner" just doesn't want to fit in to get close to it, and then i still don't have that one slot to get the repair tuning in.

neither can i reproduce that "one tuning" as difference. Robots have 10% damage bonus and -9.09% cycletime, while a tuning does 7.5% damage and -7.5% cycletime
theres still some % damage difference that - according to pro-elite-PvPers - do matter.

Factor in critical hit.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Annihilator wrote:

The Butt Hurt is strong in this one.

g;ad to see i didn't waste time re-downloading this...

Sociorum, inimicos, omnes

-:does speak for NSA on the forums:-

68 (edited by MoBIoS 2015-01-06 12:28:01)

I just feel like voicing my biased opinion before close.

As a dedicated Ewar / tackler / demob with well over 2 mill EP´s, (I got all the new skills all on lvl 10 also) I feel I have been totally nerfed out of this game, not giving me any more incentives to keep on playing at all.

Making a Zenith, which is a squishy paperplane anyway, now utterly useless, with a demob range of just under 400m (Head Slot: S-Demob, 4 RE, 1 Masker). At the same time the speed has been raised and so on. The distance was the tank of the already very squishy Zenith, which is alpha shot instant dead.

Well, I am most likely to narrow minded, to grasp the higher goals of this patch, raising speed of bots (why? unreal tournament with mechs soon?), and at the same time reducing range, nerfing racial bonuses,  and so much more to complain,  I can´t really be bothered to write down any more.

Well Zoom, what are your arguments, why I should keep on playing as a dedicated Ewar takler / demober? Let me guess, you don´t give a monkey´s.

Any of you dev´s actually still play your game or do you just rely on the information of who whines the loudest?
I haint sure what road your taking, but it´s for sure a dead end one.

Remedy Inc. recruiting. Schliess dich uns an. Bewerbung und Guides unter: www.remedy-inc.de
#Bad Robot
#RSI Star Citizen: REMEDY

He's got a point tho.

Makes you wish they'd just shut the damn thing down already and put everyone out of their misery. lol

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

He's spot on, good post mobios.

You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

71 (edited by Rage Blackout 2015-01-07 19:47:46)

patch is last* nail in the coffin

DEV Zoom - "If you mean the NPC aggro, that's been like that for months already."

Rage Blackout wrote:

patch is last* nail in the coffin

LOL on the "*"

I think Zoom & Company probably have a whole bag full of nails to pound in. It's still amusing to poke my head into this forum and watch the train wreck.

But its sad too. Such a waste.

Sparking to other games