Topic: Targeting bug ?

This is not a big deal, but I will post it here anyway so it's out there. We did some beacons last night and came across this issue.
If you target a bot then start shooting, then switch to another target and start shooting, if the original target gets blown up your guns stop, even though you are not shooting the first target any more. We also had issues with remote energy transfers and remote sensor amps seemingly stopping as well.

Not sure if the two are related. Once you restart the remote energy/sensor amp all is well again. I noticed it more after the support bot was jammed. Even though I relocked main bot and started remote energy/amp again, it seemed to not be doing the transfers. Manually stopping the energy transfer and starting again and all was ok again, until next jam came in.

Also the transfer graphic was not showing, but the animation for an active module was working.

Like I said, not that high up on the importance meter, but best to let you know.

Re: Targeting bug ?

The first issue also happens when mining/harvesting. When the node is mined/harvested out the minute you unlock it all related modules will deactivate even if they are currently being used on another target. The issue has been happening to me for over a year now.

As Blocker stated its more of an annoyance and not detrimental to gameplay.

There is a fix for this on the test server, please try it. (Not just this bug, but targeting in general, because it could have broken something else, although I didn't find any issues.)

oh yay,
i hope this brings back the old behavour where i can switch primary targets without every weapon dactivating.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:

oh yay,
i hope this brings back the old behavour where i can switch primary targets without every weapon dactivating.

Not this fix, but we'll try that too eventually.

Off-topic: Zoom, remind your subscribers about yourself - do newsletter.

DEV Zoom wrote:

There is a fix for this on the test server, please try it. (Not just this bug, but targeting in general, because it could have broken something else, although I didn't find any issues.)

Just tested it on the test server and yes, you seem to have fixed it. We couldn't seem to find any other targeting issues.. Thanks...