Re: LAGS!

So is it fixable?

Well, that means we still don't know what causes the lags for this special selection of players because the high latency on the intermediate nodes is normal.

Tell me more about why I'm lagging in pvp?  And rubber banding every where?

DEV Zoom wrote:

Well here is what they said:

"Latency at the middle routers are usually because routers don't treat packets directed to them with high priority. Some of them even drop the packets without response.
It should be fine to ignore the middle routers as long as destination see no loss and no latency."

That's awesome. I love network guys.  "Yea, we know our routers are dropping packets and operating inefficiently. Therefore it's a software problem with your application."

Their response is usually correct for a stateless non streaming application - like a website - which is funny because unfortunately people are also mentioning this website runs like crap whenever they're having perp connection issues..

So, like I just mentioned, their statement is invalid as there are obviously reports of service disruption that could be related to network latency or loss - both on the perp application during connection (which I believe hits a HTTP REST service right?) AND in a lesser manner on the website.

The problem is this isn't a human waiting to read a bunch of text where the problem isn't noticeable. It's a computer application expecting an immediate response that likes to hang when it doesn't get a fast response. Just saying - gaming applications have a higher service demand than websites.

It's great they at least didn't deny it was happening. It's just a matter of making them give a crap. Sadly if you're not forking over enough money they'll likely just ignore you as they'd rather lose you as a client than actually do the work necessary to fix their ***.

Did I mention Perp isn't the only one to experience this?

-K

lets hope, but I shouldnt...

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

106 (edited by Baglodush Kemory 2014-12-15 19:47:23)

Kayin Prime wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

Well here is what they said:

"Latency at the middle routers are usually because routers don't treat packets directed to them with high priority. Some of them even drop the packets without response.
It should be fine to ignore the middle routers as long as destination see no loss and no latency."

That's awesome. I love network guys.  "Yea, we know our routers are dropping packets and operating inefficiently. Therefore it's a software problem with your application."

Their response is usually correct for a stateless non streaming application - like a website - which is funny because unfortunately people are also mentioning this website runs like crap whenever they're having perp connection issues..

So, like I just mentioned, their statement is invalid as there are obviously reports of service disruption that could be related to network latency or loss - both on the perp application during connection (which I believe hits a HTTP REST service right?) AND in a lesser manner on the website.

The problem is this isn't a human waiting to read a bunch of text where the problem isn't noticeable. It's a computer application expecting an immediate response that likes to hang when it doesn't get a fast response. Just saying - gaming applications have a higher service demand than websites.

It's great they at least didn't deny it was happening. It's just a matter of making them give a crap. Sadly if you're not forking over enough money they'll likely just ignore you as they'd rather lose you as a client than actually do the work necessary to fix their ***.

Did I mention Perp isn't the only one to experience this?

-K

Sorry but you don't understand it, if a Router answers to packet (or not) for himself and all other packages are unaffected than there is no problem for you. If you make a traceroute and you see package loss or more latency on one Router but the following Routers are ok than there is no problem.  Its just this router who answers bad to packages to himself.

The problem is that when it begins to lag perpetuum, the forum also begins a long time to load the page.
And as the traffic goes through the same node, then the problem is in this node.

Chemist wrote:

The problem is that when it begins to lag perpetuum, the forum also begins a long time to load the page.
And as the traffic goes through the same node, then the problem is in this node.

well, if the problem is the perpetuum database SQL server, then the middlebox router there doesn't matter at all.
since both, the game and the website check youre login data, maybe the problem lies there. (after all, ingame only database access actions create red spikes on profiler)

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

...and if it would be the SQL server then it would affect everyone, not just a select few.

Sounds like network congestion. Datacenter whoring it's node out.

111 (edited by Chemist 2014-12-16 07:20:40)

-1 player until you don't fix lags.

Zoom, see: I activate the module, but nothing happens. After some time (a few seconds), module activates itself (appears animation of module). The same thing happens with the deactivation. What does this mean? I activate/deactivate the module, the packet goes to the server, and then returns a response from the server and module turned on/off with change the animation?

My ping was spiking last night and I was rubber banding all over the place.

You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

Sadly, I cant even login sometimes for hours :S

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

Suggestion :

Create a diagnostics tool external to the game that can be ran, have it record the following details.

1. Currently running processes & process priority.
2. Current ping to the Perp web & game servers.
3. If (ping > 1000) { Detailed trace route }
4. On report, hardware details of machine running the tool. IE ) Graphics card, NIC, Processor, Memory, Mobo (Depending on graphics being on board this can be essential), HDD type (Cycl, SSD, etc), and also current graphics configuration (IE nVidia/IntelHD hybrids have different modes that switch which chipset is used, this is good to know which is in use to weed out any derp settings.)
5. Start and Stop time of spikes with duration tracking.
6. Current Island & In game activity during a spike (PvP flags should be detectable, combat should be detectable, mining should be detectable etc. This relies more on the internal API and if this is not possible I suggest putting in the ability to detect these things.)
7. Up/Down speeds from the servers.

With a larger more detailed report, directly from the machine in question, should make tracing down issues easier for the devs removing a lot of the time sifting through different information that can be interpreted differently or biased. This will also help track down the general location of common networking and client side issues.

Diag tools like this are not uncommon in major MMO's and are often just inside the games directories. These tools are often asked by tech support for MMO's to be run while re-creating issues to help narrow the issues down, because we all know users don't know and will never know every circumstance that is active on their machine at any given time.

There is my 2 cents, and I hope DEV Zoom & Co. take it into consideration as this is causing issues on all sides.

DEV Zoom wrote:

...and if it would be the SQL server then it would affect everyone, not just a select few.

Just becasue everyone is not posting, doesn't mean they don't have lag issues.  Many folks in TS/GC have stated they get peroidic high pings (> 2000 to N/A).  You really have some issue(s) going on that is effecting game play.  It should be made a priority to look into.  Chemist has put in a lot of work to show you an issue (not sure it is the cause of everyones issues), don't over look what he is showing you just because you think it is only happening to him or his country.

Chemist wrote:

-1 player until you don't fix lags.

Zoom, see: I activate the module, but nothing happens. After some time (a few seconds), module activates itself (appears animation of module). The same thing happens with the deactivation. What does this mean? I activate/deactivate the module, the packet goes to the server, and then returns a response from the server and module turned on/off with change the animation?

Can confirm this happens to me while harvesting/mining. Ping jumps to 1k - 2k.

-1 noralgis because of this

Energy to Earth!

Altera wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

Just becasue everyone is not posting, doesn't mean they don't have lag issues.  Many folks in TS/GC have stated they get peroidic high pings (> 2000 to N/A).  You really have some issue(s) going on that is effecting game play.  It should be made a priority to look into.  Chemist has put in a lot of work to show you an issue (not sure it is the cause of everyones issues), don't over look what he is showing you just because you think it is only happening to him or his country.

People got banned on the Steam forum asking when the lag was going to get fixed.

Yeah, that wasn't the reason "people" got banned, and you know it.

120 (edited by Chemist 2014-12-17 21:11:42)

i can't login now.
forum laggggs so much also!!!
Check sql/inet/etc

http://imgur.com/1OfvLok

121 (edited by Annihilator 2014-12-17 21:18:22)

Same here.

could log in for a short moment, then got kicked again. client crashes after a while with "Error while downloading list of resoruces" message.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

DEV Zoom wrote:

Yeah, that wasn't the reason "people" got banned, and you know it.

Oh yeah I'm sorry.  They got banned because they showed people that players couldn't connect or were experiencing lag and the development team dismissed as 5 dudes?  I forgot anyone who disagrees with the holier than thou gets banned.

Just *** your Amsterdam! Move server back! Or *** voxel.net!

Be a MAN!

When that "connecting to dataserver" is stalled, does it help if you restart the client?