Re: Protest the Patch.

Oh i won't.   Im just surprised at the depth of arrogance he has while having not a single clue.   Zoom not sure what your taking,  but damn might wanna cut back.

No, just no. What you take as arrogance is me defending what we think is best for the game. You're simply bullying us at this point, acting like spoiled kids who don't get what they want, and that leads nowhere, or at least not where you want it to lead.

I've had this rant a few times already, but developing Perpetuum is still not a democracy. You don't have to agree with what we do to the game, but it's still going to happen if we see that's the right thing to do. I dare to say that at least half of the time we have listened to our players throughout the years has been bad for the game. Either from a balancing perspective, or because we were developing miniscule things that people asked for instead of stuff that really matters.

Really, I get it every other day from people that "why don't you ban xy already, in other games they would be kicked and wiped since a long while, maybe even handed to the police for life threats". This is where we stand people, think about it.

28 (edited by Nooodlzs 2014-12-15 15:22:24)

Well when you bring a patch out that leaves only 3 or 4 viable bots with no counters and the rest sub par.

People have paid for credits to get accelerated training and now some of us are left with no options to be competitive.

What would you like us to do, pay more money to respec?

DEV Zoom wrote:

No, just no. What you take as arrogance is me defending what we think is best for the game. You're simply bullying us at this point, acting like spoiled kids who don't get what they want, and that leads nowhere, or at least not where you want it to lead.

I've had this rant a few times already, but developing Perpetuum is still not a democracy. You don't have to agree with what we do to the game, but it's still going to happen if we see that's the right thing to do. I dare to say that at least half of the time we have listened to our players throughout the years has been bad for the game. Either from a balancing perspective, or because we were developing miniscule things that people asked for instead of stuff that really matters.

Really, I get it every other day from people that "why don't you ban xy already, in other games they would be kicked and wiped since a long while, maybe even handed to the police for life threats". This is where we stand people, think about it.

Your right of course. Just not about this.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Nooodlzs wrote:

Well when you bring a patch out that leaves only 3 or 4 viable bots with no counters and the rest sub par.

That's also a problem when players say things like that, because I know that you're exaggerating. When the feedback is mostly about panicking and thinking in black or white, we can't do much about it. (See also "xy is useless now", my favorite feedback.)

31 (edited by Nooodlzs 2014-12-15 15:46:31)

DEV Zoom wrote:
Nooodlzs wrote:

That's also a problem when players say things like that, because I know that you're exaggerating. When the feedback is mostly about panicking and thinking in black or white, we can't do much about it. (See also "xy is useless now", my favorite feedback.)

You have just brought out a 'balance' patch and 140/150 kph undemobable arbelests are untouched, green bots unusable and ewar useless (even more so now with s demob using more accum) can you point to the roles they are supposed to fulfill?

ill just let general chat numbers speak volumes.  That is all

Your right its not a democracy.  So when the evil dictator betrays enough of his own people than its for the right of its own people to over throw such dictator. 

You should be thankful I'm here.  I, unlike the other thousands of players, have not completely given up hope on you.  Instead of saying "ah *** it!" And going to play another game.  I sit here and offer you views from the people who stopped playing because YOU, Dev Zoom, and the wonderful staff at Avatar Creations killed YOUR OWN player base. 
I really enjoy Perpetuum but when you, the developers proactively work to sabotage the game in a very systematic fashion.  We feel cheated and betrayed.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

DEV Zoom wrote:
Nooodlzs wrote:

There is honestly no reason to use any assault other than arbalast mk2. Its speed, inability to be demobbed and dps make it far superior.

Light ewar are fairly unchanged but now that the arbalast is so fast and undemobable they are very very vulnerable.

Mechs the tyranoss is useless and the artemis / kain are fairly equally good.

Heavies the gropho is useless and the mesmer2 / seth 2 are good for different situations.

Ewar mechs suffer the same problem as light ewar - they can be demobbed and are no faster than mechs and the arbalast and so they are very vulnerable. This makes them situationally ok for the bigger battles but when you can engage and disengage at will with anything below a mech they become underpowered.

Really the only three worthwhile combat bots in today's PvP environment are the arbalast mk2, the kain mk2 and the artemis mk2. Everything else can be engaged and disengaged at will.

Heavies have their place - you can get a mk2 mesmer up to mk2 mech speeds - but are all flawed and really are better at brawling.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

DEV Zoom wrote:
Nooodlzs wrote:

See you don't understand the dynamics of fluid movement during pvp.  Even though your 10 kph faster doesn't mean *** when there's so many god damn trees blocking every path.

Let's see here you made:

Neuts - worthless:  On field runs " which we tested on live server" using a DPS has more effect on a players accumulator than an ictus!!!  Usually means its *** useless.

Jita wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:
Nooodlzs wrote:

There is honestly no reason to use any assault other than arbalast mk2. Its speed, inability to be demobbed and dps make it far superior.

Light ewar are fairly unchanged but now that the arbalast is so fast and undemobable they are very very vulnerable.

Heavies the gropho is useless and the mesmer2 / seth 2 are good for different situations.

Ewar mechs suffer the same problem as light ewar - they can be demobbed and are no faster than mechs and the arbalast and so they are very vulnerable. This makes them situationally ok for the bigger battles but when you can engage and disengage at will with anything below a mech they become underpowered.

Really the only three worthwhile combat bots in today's PvP environment are the arbalast mk2, the kain mk2 and the artemis mk2. Everything else can be engaged and disengaged at will.

Heavies have their place - you can get a mk2 mesmer up to mk2 mech speeds - but are all flawed and really are better at brawling.

I have to whole heartedly agree with Jita.

*waiting patiently for zoom to re-post the CIR complaint form*

Please fill out complains about your devs in writing.

DEV Zoom wrote:

I dare to say that at least half of the time we have listened to our players throughout the years has been bad for the game. Either from a balancing perspective, or because we were developing miniscule things that people asked for instead of stuff that really matters.

So taking players advice has been your downfall? Stop deluding yourself. You guys decide if to take our advice or not. We are now telling you, you guys have made a big mistake with this balancing change that even Jita and Ville agree on.

Outright denial.

RIP PERPETUUM

39 (edited by Race Drones 2014-12-15 16:14:58)

Jita wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:
Nooodlzs wrote:

Agreed.

Ignorance is curable, Stupidity is not.
The "Planet of the Apes" is not science fiction, is a daily reality.
All is in "The Matrix".
See Beyond the Obvious.

While Ville isn't expressing his frustration in the most productive or mature manner, his frustration is legitimate.

You have not developed ANY actual new content in a very long time and your latest "right thing to do" patch effectively put green account owners in a VERY ugly position where they can either give you 50$ and respec to blue/yellow, or be relegated to castel scouts. Consult the statistics on sequer.nl for the past 5 months, notice the difference in REALITY, instead of "boohoo blackwhite panic" excuses to write off facts.

Of course the development of Perpetuum isn't (and shouldn't be) a democracy. It also isn't the only non-democracy on the block and contrary to the evident belief that somehow playing the game equates to being responsible for the success of the game. OUR success as players in-game is measured differently then YOUR success as a developer.

Player success is measured here: http://killboard.sequer.nl/
Your success is measured here: http://steamcharts.com/app/223410#3m

So while Ville isn't being very mature or constructive when expressing his feelings, that's no excuse for you to be acting like you haven't almost destroyed your own game again for the 3rd time with no new content and bad patches.

Artillery. Energy credit. Hybrid bots. Walkers. Three sub-types of assault bots. Paint jobs. And those are just the promises I remember off the top of my head.

Both of you need a firm b*tchslap.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

DEV Zoom wrote:

..., in other games they would be kicked ...

In other/s games!, in this game, players kicked themselves.

Ignorance is curable, Stupidity is not.
The "Planet of the Apes" is not science fiction, is a daily reality.
All is in "The Matrix".
See Beyond the Obvious.

Let's continue here in a constructive manner:
http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … iscussion/