Re: Scheduled server downtime - 2014-12-12

Patch Notes wrote:
  • Change: "Markets in range" tab has been renamed to "Remote markets"

This was always a confusing description. Small but good change.*

Personally I'd prefer one Market tab with a tick/checkbox option for "Show Remote Markets". Maybe even extend that to two further tick/checkboxes for "Show own Orders" and "Show Corp Orders".

* Incidentally, Zoom, the phrase "Markets in Range" implies that there was once planned to be remote buy/sell over extension determined ranges or even factional island ranges. If that is so what happened to the idea? Is it dead or still on the "to-do" list?

Ludlow Bursar wrote:
Patch Notes wrote:
  • Change: "Markets in range" tab has been renamed to "Remote markets"

This was always a confusing description. Small but good change.*

Personally I'd prefer one Market tab with a tick/checkbox option for "Show Remote Markets". Maybe even extend that to two further tick/checkboxes for "Show own Orders" and "Show Corp Orders".

* Incidentally, Zoom, the phrase "Markets in Range" implies that there was once planned to be remote buy/sell over extension determined ranges or even factional island ranges. If that is so what happened to the idea? Is it dead or still on the "to-do" list?

It was to do in 2010. Should be ready by 2020.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

2020. Lol

Ludlow Bursar wrote:

Yes there was an idea way back in beta to limit the range you see markets to a certain distance (probably tied to an extension), but that would be just contraproductive for the economy.

um zoom.  What economy!?!!?!?

Gooma wrote:

So you want the range limit?

DEV Zoom wrote:
Gooma wrote:

he's not talking about that. He's talking about being able to place and modify sell / buy orders from a distance. I.E. with the correct skills i could be on gamma modifying orders in Hershfield. It's been the standard in Eve since 2003 and so something people expect to see here.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Jita wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:
Gooma wrote:

he's not talking about that. He's talking about being able to place and modify sell / buy orders from a distance. I.E. with the correct skills i could be on gamma modifying orders in Hershfield. It's been the standard in Eve since 2003 and so something people expect to see here.

That was the main reason they introduced SPT to counter that problem, which have created loads more issues.

Spark teleport was the work around to that!

RIP PERPETUUM

34 (edited by Ludlow Bursar 2014-12-17 11:53:57)

DEV Zoom wrote:

Yes there was an idea way back in beta to limit the range you see markets to a certain distance (probably tied to an extension), but that would be just contraproductive for the economy.

With the game world size we currently have I tend to agree.*

The game world doesn't have to be much larger though I think before restricting visibility or remote buy/sell (be that on a factional or distance basis) can actually be helpful to the whole economy buy creating smaller economic regions within the whole.

I hope the idea hasn't been completely abandoned.

*[EDIT]Terrible and confusing grammar. Originally read: "In such a game world the size we have I tend to agree.[/EDIT]