1 (edited by Inda 2014-12-13 01:35:09)

Topic: Need real conversation about NEW balancing!

Hello guys!

I would ask you(Developers) to explain, the balancing is good or not?
I have some real problem with the new balance as a WHOLE! I see your direaction BUT!
PLS we need CONVERSATION!

If the balance will have I am ok but if will change again I would be MAD!

PROBLEMS:
)Inda:
HUGE FORRESTS         > the long range warfare obsolate (lag?)
T2P's on ASSAULTS     > undemobbable Arba mk2 (other assaults) (even thisintercept about FORREST's)
+36 km/h speedboost  > many unseen problems

ZENITH ROLE'S           > we lost long range S demob Zenith

)Syndic:
GREEN ROLE'S            >   long range waspish                            > +2 (Ville, Inda)
                                      Tyrannos (even weaker DPS)
                                      Ictus have some issues                                     
ENWAR ROLE'S           >                                                           > +2 (Ville, Inda)

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

Re: Need real conversation about NEW balancing!

DEV Zoom wrote:

Ictus:

The Ictus was very overpowered before the patch and needed a straight nerf, we're not denying that. But we don't think it's obsolete, even with the Seth coming very close to it in its own role. You need to understand that it's bad gameplay to shut down someone's accumulator in a few seconds without being able to do anything. We're trying to move away from these extremities, and this also applies for ECM (we have a few incoming changes there too).

The Ictus is still more agile and more efficient in neutralizing than the Seth, but if you really think they're too close then the solution isn't to boost the Ictus back, but perhaps to remove a misc slot from heavies.

Arbalest:

The Arbalest is meant to be a hit&run assault and its bonus changes complement this role. Its old armor repair bonus probably only helped in some PvE situations, but in PvP if it was overcome then it was dead fast, repair bonus or not.

Being "demob proof" is just an option, and yes it has its drawbacks. Either it's too expensive, or too slow, or less damage, or a bit of all. If you can show me that "140kph uber-Arbalest" which has absolutely none of these drawbacks in a private message, then we can talk because then you probably found an exploit. The best I could do considering a good enough demob resistance was never above 100kph.

--

But generally speaking we're waiting and watching for the new balance to unfold. Changes like this always take some time to settle, mostly because players don't want to break out of their comfort zone and let go of their old habits, fits, and strategies.

If we take the bigger picture we are confident that the patch turned the game for the better and achieved the main goal of closing the gap between players. No patch is perfect so it might still need some tweaks, but we take your own advice and certainly won't "kneejerk" it.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Lets be honest, all green & missile & enwar extensions should probably be reimbursed because green bots have for all intents and purposes been deleted from the game.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Syndic wrote:

Lets be honest, all green & missile & enwar extensions should probably be reimbursed because green bots have for all intents and purposes been deleted from the game.

+1

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

5 (edited by Inda 2014-12-13 03:56:38)

Assaults has zero demob resistant with frame + plate

frame                    > demobbable, low hp
frame+plate           > not demobbable, med hp   <<< THIS should be change to: little demobbable, med hp
plate                      > not demobbable, high hp

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

6 (edited by Annihilator 2014-12-13 10:46:18)

Inda wrote:

PROBLEMS:
)Inda:
HUGE FORRESTS         > the long range warfare obsolate (lag?)
problem here is mostly due to inability to see any obstacle at long ranges due to perspective and destructible objects (plants) not rendered at all and terrain-updates are at max 500m, minimum 20m.
also, higher hitpoints on plants, and nerfed damage output on robots makes those destructible plants rather long-lasting
T2P's on ASSAULTS     > undemobbable Arba mk2 (other assaults) (even thisintercept about FORREST's)
problem here is demob immunity granted by armor plates and mass/speed mechanic
+36 km/h speedboost  > many unseen problems
there have been more positives about this then negatives - but Heavy mechs are to fast now
ZENITH ROLE'S           > we lost long range S demob Zenith
a short range demob was never supposed to have a long range...
)Syndic:
GREEN ROLE'S            >   long range waspish                            > +2 (Ville, Inda)
                                      Tyrannos (even weaker DPS)
                                      Ictus have some issues                                     
ENWAR ROLE'S           >                                                           > +2 (Ville, Inda)
everythign has weaker DPS now... whats the point in listing the tyrannos (which can have more DPS then before now...)

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

When you're playing a game that revolves around YOUR ENTIRE GROUP focusing 1 person in the ENEMY GROUP, and the developer comes in and says this:

"You need to understand that it's bad gameplay to shut down someone's accumulator in a few seconds without being able to do anything. We're trying to move away from these extremities, and this also applies for ECM"

Then it's a pointless discussion. It doesn't matter if it's 10 seths, 10 ictus, 10 zeniths or 10 whatevers - when they focus 1 dude he will be dead/neuted/ewared in a few seconds.

Ergo waste of time. smile

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Syndic wrote:

When you're playing a game that revolves around YOUR ENTIRE GROUP focusing 1 person in the ENEMY GROUP, and the developer comes in and says this:

"You need to understand that it's bad gameplay to shut down someone's accumulator in a few seconds without being able to do anything. We're trying to move away from these extremities, and this also applies for ECM"

Then it's a pointless discussion. It doesn't matter if it's 10 seths, 10 ictus, 10 zeniths or 10 whatevers - when they focus 1 dude he will be dead/neuted/ewared in a few seconds.

Ergo waste of time. smile

Lamer's never understood what "Primary Target" is.

Ignorance is curable, Stupidity is not.
The "Planet of the Apes" is not science fiction, is a daily reality.
All is in "The Matrix".
See Beyond the Obvious.

It what's happening when people with no idea about the hame do balancing.

Ok some solutions:

Make T2P med plates or even med plates bit harder to fit on your assaults/lights!

The undemobbable robots in my view is no way if they run like a F1car.

Energy to Earth!

But it's so expensive to make Inda!

Let's take it here then:
http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … iscussion/