Topic: Long term development request - Omega islands

While doing our normal Teamspeak banter the other day an idea was pitched for future content.  What is the community's thoughts of a Omega island set, which include larger island sizes with normal teleporters to the island.  However, this is where it gets different:

- The Omega islands are home to larger mechs than Alpha-Gamma islands and are too large to come through the normal teleporters, although there are larger teleporters to facilitate the larger bots between these islands. 
- All other mech are able to go to these islands at their own risk, however they will be largely over-powered by the new ultra heavy mechs. 
- All normal alpha resources are need to build these mechs  (and in large quantities to continue pushing the alpha markets to thrive), plus Epriton from beta, Colixum from Gamma and a new resource only to be obtained by a larger and more diverse industrial bot on the Omega islands. 
- One thing that the Omega islands have that differ from the other 3 islands is there is a PvPvE element where all PC's will have to band together to fight NPC events that threaten the new Omega bases that can only be built at Gamma and Omega bases. 
- There is only 1 lawless terminal on the Omega islands for purchases which can only be used if the PvPvE element of the game is completed every x amount of time.

Just a few ideas to draw from in the future.

Goth
NSE

PS.  I want copyrights lol

2 (edited by Inda 2014-12-12 08:27:48)

Re: Long term development request - Omega islands

They cant do bigger Island afaik.

I like the idea without bigger robots. Just use it already with the existed element's of the game.

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

omega island already exists... its the tournament arena island big_smile

and as Inda said. Bigger islands are simply not possible for the current DEV team.  Neither are bigger Robots.
Hell, even multi-million-dollar DEV teams like the one around Firefall couldn't do better....

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:

omega island already exists... its the tournament arena island big_smile

and as Inda said. Bigger islands are simply not possible for the current DEV team.  Neither are bigger Robots.
Hell, even multi-million-dollar DEV teams like the one around Firefall couldn't do better....

I don't see the big issue, Wurm online has huge islands.

RIP PERPETUUM

Make a use for colixum 1st.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.