Topic: Perpetuum and Innerspace

let me preface that I don't expect much assistance in regards to the use of innerspace; More or less I felt like typing this out.

Ever since I started playing the game in September, I have been running multiple game clients simultaneously with the help of Innerspace/ISboxer. If you don't know what that is, it is essentially an overlay (much like steam) that provides window management (alt-tabbing), system resource management, and multiboxing tools for the user.

Everything worked fine and dandy until a few days ago when I tried to load the game through innerspace - game crashes or simply fails to load. Its really quite puzzling to me considering I can load the game normally without issue. I'm not sure if its an issue with the game itself, or something with isboxer.

The most disappointing part is that multiboxing is truly how I enjoyed this game. I'm afraid if I can't get this resolved my playtime in Perpetuum will be greatly reduced sad

many tears, much sad. hopefully I get this crap sorted. hmm

/rant

Re: Perpetuum and Innerspace

Progenator wrote:

let me preface that I don't expect much assistance in regards to the use of innerspace; More or less I felt like typing this out.

Ever since I started playing the game in September, I have been running multiple game clients simultaneously with the help of Innerspace/ISboxer. If you don't know what that is, it is essentially an overlay (much like steam) that provides window management (alt-tabbing), system resource management, and multiboxing tools for the user.

Everything worked fine and dandy until a few days ago when I tried to load the game through innerspace - game crashes or simply fails to load. Its really quite puzzling to me considering I can load the game normally without issue. I'm not sure if its an issue with the game itself, or something with isboxer.

The most disappointing part is that multiboxing is truly how I enjoyed this game. I'm afraid if I can't get this resolved my playtime in Perpetuum will be greatly reduced sad

many tears, much sad. hopefully I get this crap sorted. hmm

/rant

Isboxer is against the rules for exactly the reason you have been using - it accelerates one persons ability to generate resources for themselves which in an infinite resource climate is game breaking.

I would expect at minimum a temp ban and removal of resources to follow this post. If he can break the rules then what is to stop all the other macros and botters?

3 (edited by Annihilator 2014-12-11 13:42:41)

to quote something i have carried over since beta times:

ISboxer is a total legit tool unless you can prove it beeing used. If you suspect someone using it, please open a support ticket and don't discuss it on the forums.

maybe its time for Zoom to do a post similar to that one:
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.as … p;t=387571

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Nice opinions, and thanks for the laughs, I'll just leave this here.

http://i.imgur.com/jKxkzxi.jpg

In the future, you should probably leave judgements about the rules to the DEVs.

You do realise in that thread he says its a gray area until you cross the line and then its not. Since its clear your using multiple clients and transporting mouse commands to them all in order to gain in game items at an accelerated rate than you would without isboxer then it's no longer a grey area and clearly against the EULA

Prog, they are just flaming you because of the corp tag.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Ville wrote:

You were so eloquent in the very thread he posted a picture from against isboxer. Now it's fine because hes phm?

Perceptor wrote:
Ville wrote:

You were so eloquent in the very thread he posted a picture from against isboxer. Now it's fine because hes phm?

I think you need to learn how to read.  What I told him you were flaming.  Still doesn't change my views on using ISboxxer.

My views are the same, the rules are clear and I think anyone using macro software or isboxer to get money faster than they should on either side should be temp banned and have assets removed.

Perceptor wrote:

You do realise in that thread he says its a gray area until you cross the line and then its not. Since its clear your using multiple clients and transporting mouse commands to them all in order to gain in game items at an accelerated rate than you would without isboxer then it's no longer a grey area and clearly against the EULA

You are very confusing. Accelerated rate? Do multiboxed miners somehow acquire ores faster than those that aren't? are their yields somehow modified? How would one of my characters mine faster than another? Please explain.

It allows you to control more accounts than would usually be bearable. You have proven that by saying that without isboxer you don't want to play. It's the same as a macro - that doesn't generate more stuff it just extends your playtime by doing something when your mot there. Isboxer extends your playtime by making one action not have to be repeated up to nine times. One drag drop empties 9 cans.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Jita wrote:

It allows you to control more accounts than would usually be bearable. You have proven that by saying that without isboxer you don't want to play. It's the same as a macro - that doesn't generate more stuff it just extends your playtime by doing something when your mot there. Isboxer extends your playtime by making one action not have to be repeated up to nine times. One drag drop empties 9 cans.

@echo off

start "1" "E:\Perpetuum\Perpetuum.exe"
start "2" "E:\Perpetuum02\Perpetuum.exe"
start "3" "E:\Perpetuum03\Perpetuum.exe"
start "4" "E:\Perpetuum04\Perpetuum.exe"
start "5" "E:\Perpetuum05\Perpetuum.exe"
start "6" "E:\Perpetuum06\Perpetuum.exe"
start "7" "E:\Perpetuum07\Perpetuum.exe"
start "8" "E:\Perpetuum08\Perpetuum.exe"

The main thing ISboxer adds is convenience. Alt tabbing convenience, starting up the game, etc. I don't need ISboxer, and have already deviced methods to produce the same results.

As for emptying cans, I don't need to use broadcasting to do it. While it is convenient to do so, it is not neccessary. I can still mine in eve (if I ever felt crazy enough to do so again), and I can still do so here.

Before: http://i.imgur.com/z1fr046.jpg

After: http://i.imgur.com/49HGO4d.jpg

I see how all your windows are in the same place so you can broadcast commands across multiple clients. Thats exactly what im talking about. Just because you can do something similar for more work yourself doesn't make it legitimate to use - it's exactly that it takes more work that makes your use of isboxer against the rules. Your not using it for window management, its for mouse and key broadcasting replicating movements through multiple clients.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

come on jita... he even gone through the effort to show non-cap-stable rivelers mining liquizit.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

Zoom, can you provide a set-in-stone policy regarding multiboxing with 3rd party software?

Annihilator wrote:

come on jita... he even gone through the effort to show non-cap-stable rivelers mining liquizit.

I did enjoy that. Honestly though its not just because it's PHM - its wrong and its been stated to be wrong. Can you imagine in a ftp game what you could do with this?

to bad i cannot find the "you can use it, until someone reports you" statement on the forums, because that was the official stance for quite some time.

I've read through the Eve announcement for about 15 pages, and noticed, that even when they clearly write down whats  bannable, there are lots of responses not understanding it.

I can just re-write again: A clear statement, and working server script to track illigal tools.
Watching NUMB3RS every day - all you need is asking a math professor to write an algorithm for you tongue

Well I have a ticket open reporting macro mining from April still so I'm not expecting the devs to do anything constructive.

lol

TIL opening 8 game clients and alt tabbing through them is equivalent to using hacks and macros. Oh boy you sure showed everyone!

jita wrote:

I did enjoy that. Honestly though its not just because it's PHM - its wrong and its been stated to be wrong. Can you imagine in a ftp game what you could do with this?

"If I keep repeating myself and ignoring any evidence to the contrary, it will become true!"

Progenator wrote:
jita wrote:

"If I keep repeating myself and ignoring any evidence to the contrary, it will become true!"

Ha!  I'm going to start using that.

Progenator wrote:
jita wrote:

You got to admit, at least, it gives you some form of advantage. Otherwise you wouldn't be using it and much less make a thread when it breaks down.

Burial wrote:

You got to admit, at least, it gives you some form of advantage. Otherwise you wouldn't be using it and much less make a thread when it breaks down.

Is that 'advantage' similar to the advantage some people got by constant farming of beacons in pits on gamma for almost a year, using explosion damage to be able to do do 30+ at one time and making untold billions of NIC for months.

After lining pockets with all that NIC, screamed blue murder on the forums to get Beta farming destroyed when a few new players were managing to use explosion damage to their advantage to do 3 beacons at a time.

You and your corp mates profited hugely from that gamma pit farming and the biggest ticket writer and whiner, Jita, was another.

Back to the isboxer problem, please explain how someone controlling mining bots via isboxer can make more NIC than someone controlling them manually, they can't, it is just easier to control and less RSA inducing clickfest.

No, for your information, I do not have a problem with someone using isboxer in a game that has been designed around multiple accounts and no, I do not use it myself.