Re: YOUR GAME CAN'T HANDLE THE SPEED AND TREES

broccoli

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Trees are OP

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

DEV's, with his "game tools", need to add trees/forest to passable/unpassable terrain and see what happen in the radar/maps.

DEV Zoom wrote:

Yeah we have the tools, ...

It's easy to check!.

Ignorance is curable, Stupidity is not.
The "Planet of the Apes" is not science fiction, is a daily reality.
All is in "The Matrix".
See Beyond the Obvious.

We did of course, but didn't notice any extra lag that could be connected to the trees. (btw I love it when you take my quotes out of context.)

DEV Zoom wrote:

We did of course notice extra lag that could be connected to the trees.

So when will this be fixed?

31 (edited by Rex Amelius 2014-12-10 07:28:20)

DEV Zoom wrote:

Can I assume that everyone here knows that reducing draw distance helps with client performance and you all have it on minimum and still have problems?

What works even better is un-installing this game you tortured to near death.

Some one with the motivation should post a summary post of all the catastrophic knee-jerk and no-thought patches from the last 18-24 months. Then Zoom can put on his most stubborn hat and defend the changes from his position as a developer of a game he has no clue how to play.

Perhaps Burial and Anni can sit on your left and right to receive the Silver and Bronze of Game Destruction.

Sparking to other games

OK but something going on, because before patch I hadnt LAG after i have ! Something changed, I see some "pop up" -s causing lags also.

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

i wonder about Zoom's testing method.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Last night, I spent the entire pvp session with NSE warp around the *** trees.  Your game is *** up, please fix this crap.

we need AOE artillery to kill all the trees big_smile

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

36 (edited by Annihilator 2014-12-10 23:05:42)

actually, as "easy" as it is to check... i could not reproduce it.

for 1.5 hours i was running around in a fast bot on unexplored islands, and have not experienced a SINGLE lag-spike that could be connected to plants "popping up".

4x AF, 4x AA, medium shadows, medium viewing range, all extras ON.

Streaming live with maximum upload my connection could afford, and watching stream on twitch dashboard at the same time.

there was a single lagspike around a lone CIR terminal, but without plants updating, nor was anything visible (aproximately around the time "Chemist" reported that he could not log in)

so far for "its easy to reproduce" thats this "Lag" you are experiencing is caused by "plants".

*edit: forgot to mention that i am playing via WiFi*

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

Bring more than one *** person.

Annihilator wrote:

actually, as "easy" as it is to check... i could not reproduce it.

for 1.5 hours i was running around in a fast bot on unexplored islands, and have not experienced a SINGLE lag-spike that could be connected to plants "popping up".

4x AF, 4x AA, medium shadows, medium viewing range, all extras ON.

Streaming live with maximum upload my connection could afford, and watching stream on twitch dashboard at the same time.

there was a single lagspike around a lone CIR terminal, but without plants updating, nor was anything visible (aproximately around the time "Chemist" reported that he could not log in)

so far for "its easy to reproduce" thats this "Lag" you are experiencing is caused by "plants".

*edit: forgot to mention that i am playing via WiFi*

Did you try shooting the plants while moving around ? If not try it and let us know how it went..

39 (edited by Annihilator 2014-12-11 09:59:34)

Topic title: game can't handle the speed and trees
Of course i have NOT shot any plants while running around, since that was not part of ville's rambling. He was just blaming the existence of Forrests causing lots of lag.

There was no word yet that maybe the Plant-AoE damage mechanic is causing the lag if the data has to be sent to multiple clients all over the world, and because of that, it was not part of my testing routine.

Thats also because it was said "its easy to reproduce" -> and for me its not easy to reproduce beeing 10 persons at the same time. (using multiple clients on same machine is not an officially supported feature, so cannot be part of the testing routine)

40 (edited by Inda 2014-12-11 11:58:02)

All the time I experiencing LAG probably because of Forrest's.

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

Anytime there is a pvp engagement around the trees with more than 1 person the rubber banding and warping around is terrible.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

i could have tested that, if someone would have cared to undock when i shot a building into reinforce...

Too busy enjoying my new ui.

44 (edited by Blocker 2014-12-11 14:20:36)

Annihilator wrote:

Topic title: game can't handle the speed and trees
Of course i have NOT shot any plants while running around, since that was not part of ville's rambling. He was just blaming the existence of Forrests causing lots of lag.

There was no word yet that maybe the Plant-AoE damage mechanic is causing the lag if the data has to be sent to multiple clients all over the world, and because of that, it was not part of my testing routine.

Thats also because it was said "its easy to reproduce" -> and for me its not easy to reproduce beeing 10 persons at the same time. (using multiple clients on same machine is not an officially supported feature, so cannot be part of the testing routine)

Just so you know, I was not criticizing your post or trying to be smart. We (our corp) had personal experience with the lag when shooting plants, this can happen when pvp'ing as ville said.

I was simply adding my thoughts to this thread on LAG and PLANTS..  Just saying..

hmm, issues with terrain-updates and plant-death animations are already around since... gammas first release.
Remember how violently it lagged when you killed lots of plants with a terraforming beacons?

PvP related lag - i can confirm that i have experienced it to some extend during my last skirmishes, but watching my records, none of the lag-spikes seem to be related to plants (as no plant was shot at that time)

at this point - i think the DEVs could go a bit the "trial&error" way by deactivating certain features one-by-one.

Annihilator wrote:

It only took two pages this time.  I am so proud of this community. 

This is your problem.  Please fix.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

its still page 1 for me wink

most likely its a similar issue like the long ignored/not found gamma-base issue where the server bombed clients with unnecessary data like a DDoS bot, that has nothing to do with the actually number of plants on screen.

48 (edited by Burial 2014-12-11 18:11:02)

Rex Amelius wrote:

Perhaps Burial and Anni can sit on your left and right to receive the Silver and Bronze of Game Destruction.

vOv cool

We'll reduce the density of some plants/trees soon because sometimes it can really be a problem gameplay-wise. But based on how sending terrain data works, we don't think this will make a difference in lag.

Think OR KNOW?