Re: Reposting a Political Statement

I was merely correcting what I was supposedly saying before the next page turns into "What! Leave the Seth's head alone! Is nothing sacred anymore! Ohgawd!".

27 (edited by Weedy 2014-12-09 06:13:35)

Nerfing things directly is the worst possible and unimaginative way of balancing, and should be approached only when absolutely necessary.

Ever wondered why dota, over the course of patches in the last 9-10 years had 75% buffs and only 25% nerfs?

Something to think about, Zoom. Although you are just an artist.

I believe pvp could be very exciting and the game has what it takes. But this is game is ruined and we all know  by who, it´s by corps like CiR, -77- and PHM. - by Fu ManChu

Rather than release a decent patch your going to spend five times as long nerfing the more obvious idiocy of the stupid patch you released. Its just crazy.

Perceptor wrote:

Rather than release a decent patch your going to spend five times as long nerfing the more obvious idiocy of the stupid patch you released. Its just crazy.

That's why I am checking out Rhea today, looks awesome. I have had it with these knee jerk changes , that has not been given too much thought about the consequences.

RIP PERPETUUM

Celebro wrote:
Perceptor wrote:

That's why I am checking out Rhea today, looks awesome. I have had it with these knee jerk changes , that has not been given too much thought about the consequences.

We are doing the same. I don't mind mistakes, but blindly thinking its fine and then trying to polish a turd instead of redoing it is idiocy.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Wassup Celebro!  I'll be joining you as well.

yep ill be there with ya celebro, along with crusader.   They know how to do patches and add content.  Even upgrade stuff and put new ships in and .... well you get the picture.

it took the EVE devs more then 10 Years to implement WASD controls? Maybe in 2 years its more then a multiboxing paradise smile

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:

it took the EVE devs more then 10 Years to implement WASD controls? Maybe in 2 years its more then a multiboxing paradise smile

From January 2015 they are banning Multiboxing software.  Unlike Perp they advise changes well in advanced.

RIP PERPETUUM

unlike Perp... they have money to lose and fulltime jobs and infrastructure at risk.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

Least it's got *** to do in it.

unless the WASD movement has any gameplay importance and monthly subscription... still no game for me.

Celebro wrote:

From January 2015 they are banning Multiboxing software.

I am curious how far they intend to go with that. AFAIK software solution had been prohibited until a few years ago and player circumvented it by mechanical solutions. With todays availiability of VM-ware and Proxy IP's, dedicated Multiboxer will find their ways to continue.

BUT - if they find a good way, AC hopefully can follow up.

Annihilator wrote:

unless the WASD movement has any gameplay importance and monthly subscription... still no game for me.

Celebro wrote:

From January 2015 they are banning Multiboxing software.

I am curious how far they intend to go with that. AFAIK software solution had been prohibited until a few years ago and player circumvented it by mechanical solutions. With todays availiability of VM-ware and Proxy IP's, dedicated Multiboxer will find their ways to continue.

We can't even get npcs that logically path.

Crusader wrote:

Pissing me off has serious rammifications.  I'd advice you to hold your tongue or your really not going to like the consequenses to your actions.

http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/post/118235/#p118235

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

*edit: Offensive. - DEV Zoom

Annihilator wrote:

Multiboxing software isn't banned, only certain functions of it.

Progenator wrote:
Annihilator wrote:

in Eve isboxer is banned from next year.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Jita wrote:
Progenator wrote:
Annihilator wrote:

no, he is right.
isboxer as such is not banned per use at all. The statement is clear enough to understand that all they do in EVE starting january, is tracing command patters, and ban those who send synchronous, and eventually even reproducable patterns of commands to multiple instances of the game.

It doesn't matter if you do that by using software like ISBoxer, or if you tuck 10 mice together - they only look at the data the server recieves.

you can still use ISBoxer for window placement, but even with manuall input, you may run into their detection script because your input is unatural fast.

Annihilator wrote:
Jita wrote:
Progenator wrote:

no, he is right.
isboxer as such is not banned per use at all. The statement is clear enough to understand that all they do in EVE starting january, is tracing command patters, and ban those who send synchronous, and eventually even reproducable patterns of commands to multiple instances of the game.

It doesn't matter if you do that by using software like ISBoxer, or if you tuck 10 mice together - they only look at the data the server recieves.

you can still use ISBoxer for window placement, but even with manuall input, you may run into their detection script because your input is unatural fast.

I believe that choice was made because without some client based detection tool (that's easy to circumvent) is difficult and server detection is comparatively easy but its certainly a way to go for perpetuum.

Regardless its clear that how progenator is using it would be detected in eve and is already against the rules here.

Lamer's never understood the choice was made because "one man bomber's fleet".

Ignorance is curable, Stupidity is not.
The "Planet of the Apes" is not science fiction, is a daily reality.
All is in "The Matrix".
See Beyond the Obvious.

46 (edited by Jita 2014-12-14 14:42:47)

Race Drones wrote:

Lamer's never understood the choice was made because "one man bomber's fleet".

I understand perfectly. Wasn't just bombers but the ease of multiboxing caps and supers. It really wasn't an industry nerf in eve at all. Lord Servent talks about it pretty elequantly (for him) on failheap.

For those that don't know (failheap and formally scrapheap) is an online forum for Eve and other games that has quite a few devs and most CCM members on it where things tend to get listened to and acted upon. I've been on it for ten years among others (such as styx). The thread that precipitated the change was made by jester :

http://failheap-challenge.com/showthrea … at-ISBoxer

Quite a lot of the arguments pertain to perpetuum too.

47 (edited by Race Drones 2014-12-14 15:31:39)

EVE introduced bombers not decloak each other, worst, any ship cloaked can't decloak another cloaked ship, but, is not his fail, the problem is isboxer. roll

All is about ignorance of how things work and the High DPS bomber's fleet.

Ignorance is curable, Stupidity is not.
The "Planet of the Apes" is not science fiction, is a daily reality.
All is in "The Matrix".
See Beyond the Obvious.

Race Drones wrote:

EVE introduced bombers not decloak each other, worst, any ship cloaked can't decloak another cloaked ship, but, is not his fail, the problem is isboxer. roll

All is about ignorance of how things work and the High DPS bomber's fleet.

Yep, its pretty obvious they wanted to remove it from pvp (bombers in particular). I like to quote one of my friends because he put it so well:

A lot of people these days are reveling in the multi-boxer tears, and casting hate at those who are different from themselves, jealous of the success of others. Not because they can’t do the same, but because they simply don’t want to. Even I’ll admit that multi-box bombing is kind of lame, but they could fix it in other ways than simply calling it cheating. Like adding a way to scan down cloaked ships, or add a module that pulses out an AOE that decloaks everything around you, but also roots you in place for a period of time (or some other negative consequence), prevent bombers from being able to warp for 5 seconds after launching, have defender missiles shoot down bombs, etc, etc.

You’ll get no tears from me, if anything this will make multi-box miners wealthier. Plex prices will decrease, mineral values will increase, and those of us skilled enough to carry on will be able to earn a great deal of profit from this. I believe CCP are just making the game more cumbersome in this regard, which is not the direction a company should take a game. If they made it difficult or impossible to multi-box because of exciting additions that require coordination and fast reflexes, then I say bring it on. But to simply decide that a portion of your legitimate player base will spontaneously be considered cheaters is poor form.

Progenator wrote:

stuff

excuses like that always remind me of an episode from a comic:
http://thenoobcomic.com/index.php?pos=227

Don't be idiotic. I have 13 accounts and I know that multiboxing is overpowered. The only block to that is how difficult it is - two accounts in PvP is difficult, three becomes untenable and more than that fails hilariously most of the time.

This is not the same for PVE - in PVE its actually east to multibox and bot and so you need checks and abalnces on that to prevent misuse. Using a third party program to make generating resources faster than you would be able to (and stay sane) without it.