Topic: Reposting a Political Statement

I dont think its ok to delete or close threads that continually point out your faults. Just because you have done it more than a few times doesnt make it any more acceptable.

Re: Reposting a Political Statement

Threads that pointed out our faults were never closed.
Threads that were spam and duplicate topics were closed.
We have rules, is it that hard to understand?

What comprises spam must be hard to understand

Reposting the same wall of text with different topic names is not a political statement, it's destructive spam that is annoying for everyone on the forum.

the wall of text is meant to be what gets your attention for the "political statement" you *** up the last patch, no one likes it, there is no unspoken community that does, diversity was nearly crushed to death because of aforementioned patch.

We have seen the topics that properly explain why the patch was bad, there is no need to "get our attention". But that doesn't mean we agree with the complaints.

This seems relevant:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constructive_criticism

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Much more relevant

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning%E2 … ger_effect

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

9 (edited by Simmy 2014-12-02 23:44:54)

DEV Zoom wrote:

We have seen the topics that properly explain why the patch was bad, there is no need to "get our attention". But that doesn't mean we agree with the complaints.

Why don't we deserve an explanation, on why you don't agree with our complaints.

I came here thinking this game has so much potential when I started, such a shame. Aside from a few good features here and there and 2 new haulers later, the game is worse than 4 years ago.

Celebro's body guard

Simmy: my explanation was here:

http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/post/116991/#p116991

DEV Zoom wrote:

But generally speaking we're waiting and watching for the new balance to unfold. Changes like this always take some time to settle, mostly because players don't want to break out of their comfort zone and let go of their old habits, fits, and strategies.

What hes saying is they threw darts at a dart board and was like OK GUYS, I KNOW THIS IS A TERRITORIAL WARFARE GAME WITH SANDBOX MECHANICS THAT INVOLVE ASSET MANAGEMENT BUT ITS COOL IF YOU SPEND 6 MONTHS TESTING IT OUT WHILE TWIDDLE OUR THUMBS AND THINK ABOUT WHAT PLANT LAYER WE NEED TO MAKE NEXT.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

12 (edited by Silkdawn 2014-12-08 12:54:50)

I might be new and yes I dont understand the "bitter vets", mostly because of two reasons:

* Reason one

All older people Ive been talking to have told me stories that sending in bug reports etc hasnt been in vain, its been fixed. Sooner or later. Often sooner. Its not being ignored like in so many other games.

* Reason two

This game might not have been rock solid to begin with, but it is now. It has all the foundation it need, sure it could use more fluff, but it has what it needs. More importantly theres no important bugs around the foundation.

All we can hope for now is a future, but that last part is up to us, because they are burnt out on idiots like you (and me?), if you love this game, do something to help it out instead of complaining on an already overworked small staff company.

Silkdawn wrote:

I might be new and yes I dont understand the "bitter vets", mostly because of two reasons:

* Reason one

All older people Ive been talking to have told me stories that sending in bug reports etc hasnt been in vain, its been fixed. Sooner or later. Often sooner. Its not being ignored like in so many other games.

* Reason two

This game might not have been rock solid to begin with, but it is now. It has all the foundation it need, sure it could use more fluff, but it has what it needs. More importantly theres no important bugs around the foundation.

All we can hope for now is a future, but that last part is up to us, because they are burnt out on idiots like you (and me?), if you love this game, do something to help it out instead of complaining on an already overworked small staff company.

No and no.

1.  In an asset wealth management game it is dire that critical bugs that allow for currency to be printed at a whim destroy a game like this.  And it has.  Think of it this way: Corp A can supply all its members with bots and t4 to fight in a battle but corp b requires its members to mine/harvest/rat and artifact to participate in the battle.  Which corp you thinksgoing to spend more time pvping?

-So one way the developer can curb this is,by adding another tier of modules and adding new robots.  This forces blood thirsty pvpers back in to the industrial sector.  Providing you targets and forcing breathing room.

2.  There isno foundation until spark teleports are fixed

You're rebounding into fanboydom like a crack ho Ville.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Crusader wrote:
Silkdawn wrote:

* Reason one

* Reason two

No and no.

1.  In an asset wealth management game it is dire that critical bugs that allow for currency to be printed at a whim destroy a game like this.  And it has.  Think of it this way: Corp A can supply all its members with bots and t4 to fight in a battle but corp b requires its members to mine/harvest/rat and artifact to participate in the battle.  Which corp you thinksgoing to spend more time pvping?

-So one way the developer can curb this is,by adding another tier of modules and adding new robots.  This forces blood thirsty pvpers back in to the industrial sector.  Providing you targets and forcing breathing room.

Maybe Im just a little bit drunk, but youre saying a young corp like mine (or NSE) dont have a chance out there? Well I beg to differ. If it is because our "evul empire" is stagnating or whatever I dunno, but despite being rookies weve shown our worth. Dont you dare talk smack about our sacrificies big_smile

Second part about spark teleports... well once again, we are still playing on the same field, right? Seriously WTF? Are you just stupid or what, do you think we guys dont know about this, of course we do. We just dont whine about it.

Is this guy even on your side?

Syndic wrote:

You're rebounding into fanboydom like a crack ho Ville.

you apparently have not looked on Steam.

Silkdawn wrote:
Crusader wrote:
Silkdawn wrote:

* Reason one

* Reason two

No and no.

Maybe Im just a little bit drunk, but youre saying a young corp like mine (or NSE) dont have a chance out there? Well I beg to differ. If it is because our "evul empire" is stagnating or whatever I dunno, but despite being rookies weve shown our worth. Dont you dare talk smack about our sacrificies big_smile

Second part about spark teleports... well once again, we are still playing on the same field, right? Seriously WTF? Are you just stupid or what, do you think we guys dont know about this, of course we do. We just dont whine about it.

Is this guy even on your side?

I see Maidden has a counterpart.

Pissing me off has serious rammifications.  I'd advice you to hold your tongue or your really not going to like the consequenses to your actions.

lol This guy ^ hahahaha big_smile Look out folk's we got a bad *** over here! E-Thug incoming! tongue

Crusader wrote:

Pissing me off has serious rammifications.  I'd advice you to hold your tongue or your really not going to like the consequenses to your actions.

want to see!
without T4 MK2 heavy mech blobbing arkhes
without hitting SAPs 24/7
without blaming plants and jita

BRING IT ON!

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:
Crusader wrote:

want to see!
without T4 MK2 heavy mech blobbing arkhes
without hitting SAPs 24/7
without blaming plants and jita

BRING IT ON!

He's just looking for the next pathetic excuse. He will do anything, say anything or be anything just to be an idiot.

21 (edited by Crusader 2014-12-08 21:04:14)

You two sound pretty eager to see your fellow man kicked to the curb.

Crusader wrote:

You two sound pretty eager to see your fellow man kicked to the curb.

Keep roaring your paper tiger. Your a coward who will do anything, say anything or be anything just to be an idiot.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

It's sad really.  The way I see it, you guys don't have an axe to grind, because the Dev Team is hording axes to use in the "balancing" process.  This series of axe jobs that seems to happen every time I get re-interested in the game again, are hardly balancing.  The next axe job will be to nerf the Seth; it has been out right stated by Zoom, as in "get rid of a head slot". 

So, I am trying to look at this in the "now" version, the view that a brand new player would have - starting from scratch.  What I see is a pointless progression beyond assault bots.  Because the capability gained is carp compared to lengthy training times and huge resources it takes to get big.

So, we all need to just give up on big bots and run around in assault bots.  Working as intended, it seems.  Yeah, I'll subscribe to ISBoxer and run 17 assault bot accounts ... my own army of Mini Me's.

Okay, so I'm being stupid.  But one last point, waiting for the new patch to settle in is rather pointless when guys like me and my 3 accounts just don't come back.  I am not going to wait for idiotic changes that set me back 6 months to "settle in".  Damage done.  I've been playing Diablo III HC mode and loving it.  So Zoom says the Devs have every right to disagree with the player base.  It's true.  Well, they cannot disagree when I stop sending them money.

It's sad really.

Mrs Pickerel wrote:

The next axe job will be to nerf the Seth; it has been out right stated by Zoom, as in "get rid of a head slot".

DEV Zoom wrote:

The Ictus is still more agile and more efficient in neutralizing than the Seth, but if you really think they're too close then the solution isn't to boost the Ictus back, but perhaps to remove a misc slot from heavies.

25 (edited by Rex Amelius 2014-12-09 04:42:44)

DEV Zoom wrote:
Mrs Pickerel wrote:

The next axe job will be to nerf the Seth; it has been out right stated by Zoom, as in "get rid of a head slot".

DEV Zoom wrote:

The Ictus is still more agile and more efficient in neutralizing than the Seth, but if you really think they're too close then the solution isn't to boost the Ictus back, but perhaps to remove a misc slot from heavies.

"We're not just nerfing the Seth, we're nerfing all the combat heavies"
Awesome. I'm sure Gropho appreciates it. Just keep nerfing everything until everyone is wielding swords.

Also, having more/less given up on this butchered game and having ventured into some other games I don't see how you have a prayer to ever compete for a population without going to free to play. But just keep listening to *** like Burial. Worse, take your own advice.

Sparking to other games