Topic: I want my tyrannos and gropho back!

The Tyrannos already had bad enough dps but I chose it years ago due to it's strong shield tanking abilities , and well because it was cool to use shields. Now, the reasons I chose it has changed DRASTICALLY.

With choosing green, I got the gropho not the best for farming and losing its main shield bonus, because SHIELDS sucks for farming. The new gropho has even less dps and tank .

I have never seen such a drastic change in an MMO balancing without providing us with any reasonable explanation of why. I want to understand why!

The Big bad wolf gap is not an answer , there is so many ways you could have addressed this specific issue.

Years of investment for nothing GG.

Celebro's body guard

Re: I want my tyrannos and gropho back!

but hey you can alter your skills for free, oh wait

You want a logical sensible explanation for an anti-player patch? lol

Don't bother, wait 6-8 months they'll do another "rebalance" and then pelistal will be ungodly strong, even more then before.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Syndic wrote:

Why would it be an anti-player patch, why would they want their own game to fail?

Celebro's body guard

The answer lies in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fitP7B3MVI

I believe pvp could be very exciting and the game has what it takes. But this is game is ruined and we all know  by who, it´s by corps like CiR, -77- and PHM. - by Fu ManChu

Celebro, what you take for granted those level 10 extensions, T4 gear and experience well these Steam players don't have that!  You think for one God Damn second your special?  Well your not.  *** your gropho!  Kains with missle launchers are cool!  *** your Ictus !  Medium missiles on a waspish!  Oh you want to drop heavies an *** on precious steamlings!!  Well here you go *** you enjoy your assault bot overlords.  Oh ewar huh?  Think you *** hats as special??  How about light ewar that can't run more than 1 ewar module and a masker, hahaha!!  Oh oh, think your going to catch those assaults??  *** you Zenith!  *** you!!!!

This is what I envision happened in Alfs mind while creating the patch.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Simmy wrote:
Syndic wrote:

Why would it be an anti-player patch, why would they want their own game to fail?

We constantly ask this same question, over and over and over again.

The only logical explanation to this, and I'm giving the Hungarians a little fore thought is that this change was done to introduce T5...  I know.  It's shocking but I honestly believe if they added T5 it would be on par to the same ranges/stuff we had before.  Which was balanced IMO.

Who's talking about special? I want back what I rightfully expected to get, when I invested my time for 4 years EP. Is that too much to ask?

Celebro's body guard

10 (edited by Simmy 2014-12-02 21:36:06)

Ville wrote:

The only logical explanation to this, and I'm giving the Hungarians a little fore thought is that this change was done to introduce T5...  I know.  It's shocking but I honestly believe if they added T5 it would be on par to the same ranges/stuff we had before.  Which was balanced IMO.

So why not introduce the balancing patch when T5 is ready?

I am really confused. Is it to much to ask for a reasonable explanation, or are they plainly ignorant on how to manage players/changes in an MMO.? I just find it hard to believe it.

Celebro's body guard

Well, think about it, what do you do when you have
a) no income from new game purchases,
b) veterans who are comfortable sitting at 44k/month,
c) no other good services to introduce for sale because reasons

then ask yourself, how do you make money?

Mass-respecs!

I believe pvp could be very exciting and the game has what it takes. But this is game is ruined and we all know  by who, it´s by corps like CiR, -77- and PHM. - by Fu ManChu

hmm, you have lost 20% shield tanking either way on gropho and tyrannos
your opponents have lost 20% DPS with their weapons, and 50% neuting power on their ictuses.

your tyrannos got two additional bonuses weapon slots now, increasing your damage potential up to almost heavy mech level.
and you got a demob resistance.

are you talking about PVP or PvE here?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:

hmm, you have lost 20% shield tanking either way on gropho and tyrannos
your opponents have lost 20% DPS with their weapons, and 50% neuting power on their ictuses.

your tyrannos got two additional bonuses weapon slots now, increasing your damage potential up to almost heavy mech level.
and you got a demob resistance.

are you talking about PVP or PvE here?

Both cases it has been nerfed to hell, but more about the difference between green and other races, before it was more balance. I going to start calling it the anti-balancing patch.

Celebro's body guard

Weedy wrote:

Well, think about it, what do you do when you have
a) no income from new game purchases,
b) veterans who are comfortable sitting at 44k/month,
c) no other good services to introduce for sale because reasons

then ask yourself, how do you make money?

Mass-respecs!

Yes , great plan, anger the player base. Only 40 on GC post-patch was 100 on GC pre-patch.

Celebro's body guard

Simmy wrote:
Syndic wrote:

They don't consciously want their own game to fail.

This patch wasn't tested. There wasn't a discussion about it. There wasn't any feedback about it.

Now remember - they don't have a clue on how the game is actually played.

Cmon you've seen them pull the same "we-know-better-then-you" how many times over the years... Are you really surprised it's a balancing fiasco? lol

CIR Complaint Form

Syndic wrote:
Simmy wrote:
Syndic wrote:

They don't consciously want their own game to fail.

This patch wasn't tested. There wasn't a discussion about it. There wasn't any feedback about it.

Now remember - they don't have a clue on how the game is actually played.

Cmon you've seen them pull the same "we-know-better-then-you" how many times over the years... Are you really surprised it's a balancing fiasco? lol

Are you telling me us vets can do a better job?. Ok, I will do a fictional balancing with stats , if I have the time later.

Celebro's body guard

I'm saying a kid on the shortbus with a crash helmet could do a better job.

What did the community say after Gamma was wiped? Take your time and do it right.

So they took their sweet time, bout 6 months or something, to the point where a lot of people were complaining about it already. Then finally it was released (despite a lot of us warning them to test it more), and what did we get?

- Epriton on Gamma for ~2 months (they had no clue because nobody told them)
- Docking in destroyed terminals (that must have been hard to test)
- Ore fields out in the ocean (now that's interesting)
- NPCs that ignore walls, get bugged out on TPs and just stand there like there's no AI
- Facilities eating money like 2 years ago
- etc etc

Here's a freebie example of stupidity - you nerf 20% damage of all robots, but you don't touch repairers & turrets & boosters on Gamma.

Then homeboy complains how his feelings are hurt when we clearly say "We know better, you don't know sh*t". But it's the damn truth confirmed patch after patch fiasco after fiasco. Naturally, it's always someone elses fault and unfair to compare 5 poor indy devs to 1 poor indy dev... lol

CIR Complaint Form

Syndic, I thought people learned from past failures (gamma wipe, beta walls, probes -etc). I was wrong.

Celebro's body guard

reminds me of a certain monty python skit where a parrot is dead.

game needs fixing

nope it doesnt we know better and it aint dead. Zoom is resting.