26 (edited by Hellmut 2014-12-02 17:12:12)

Re: Perpetuum's online

One thing i do agree with here is the state of alpha markets.

I am on Daoden and there is next to nothing in the market there. Yes i will be moving on to another island, but for a newcomer it just makes the game look dead.

Hellmut wrote:

the game look dead.

Well.. heh, hate to break it to you.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Well i stuck with Warhammer Online till the end, and as i'm enjoying this (prefer a smaller community) i will see where this goes.

Hellmut wrote:

One thing i do agree with here is the state of alpha markets.

I am on Daoden and there is next to nothing in the market there. Yes i will be moving on to another island, but for a newcomer it just makes the game look dead.

as i have noticed yesterday talking with you - new player still seem to not understand the meaning of "markets in range" tab, or just not notice its existance.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Yes indeed Annihilator and your help last night was really appreciated.

Now that i have moved to Shinjalar i am seeing more happening in the market there.

market in perp does not really work.

vets either produce stuff with maxed extension and maxed reputation on alpha,
or even better on gamma with maxed facility upgrades.

If those Vets then "seed" the alpha 1 market with lowest price that is profitable for them on highest tier equip - by transporting the stuff on their own -> then there is nothing to produce for new industrialists.
That would be exactly the same as if Zoom would just seed the alpha market with NPC orders of t4 equip.

also, everything that drops from NPCs in masses, is not worth to produce, because its a side product of kernel and plasma farming.
With the implementation of on-demand-NPCs, aka "beacons", there is not even a reason to haul T1 equip from alpha to gamma, because you can farm it conviniently close to your terminal (got slightly nerfed some time ago)

some time ago, there was a rather low limit on how many market orders you could put up, and you have been restricted to travel to each terminal to manage your orders. Spark Teleport and increase of market orders allowed Veterans to sell stuff even more conviniently.

now, back to hunters request:

seeding alpha 1 markets with equip will increase "the ingame economy".

its simply not true. Seeding market with cheap T4 equip will only allow more player to participate in T4 battles without beeing totally gimped. its no economy its based on "goodwill" of some vets...

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear