Topic: Perpetuum's online

There are still not much ppl, playing perpetuum and the problem in the out of new players. To be precise there are quite good new players inflow, but they are not stay in the game. Some players are leaving in 2-3 hours, some pays ~year subscription and leave game too (for some time).

Of course we all wait while dev's will implement new content, but this process not going to be fast.

I want to say again: The current players can help to project and themself.

1) Connect your perpetuum account to the steam account. Your friends will see that you plays perpetuum and may be interested to join.
2) We need to increase old-alphas economy. All major players in the market should place their orders in the ICS/Asintec/TM alpha-1 terminals.
3) Stop your whining/trolling and other cr*p on forum. Really who will play the game with such sh*tty community?

The theory of mutual interests
Why the crybabies wins?
Где Ханя - там победа (с)
DEV Zoom: No need to speculate...

Re: Perpetuum's online

+1

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

+ POTATO

+1
Hunter, you are right. 
Alpha general markets need to be supplied.  Market density has been cited for a number of negative reviews.  I know in-corp markets are a valuable feature, but ultimately defeat a public market which affects only newer players. 
I would also append to your list in saying all aspects of early experiences in-game are subject to scrutiny.
For the players: being positive and Patient with new players (especially in Help Chan) is crucial.  This seems to be fine, most are understanding in chat.  However, I don't think we should self-censor in all in-game media for the sake of putting on a facade.  Many have been here for years and are justifiably bitter in some regards.  Their* perspective is still valuable, and Devs should feel the pressure to improve their game.  However, perhaps the positive and constructive voices should make more of an effort to make themselves present in the game/forums(ones perhaps we have never heard).

http://steamcommunity.com/app/223410/di … 969421023/
Steam post citing similar issues, and the review status as being detrimental to future growth of the game.

Also, I don't know if we can reset the game 'status' to EA, wipe reviews and let the Devs have a round#2 release of the game when it is really ready. (Assignments, Pve, Indy balance, Combat balance/specialization, etc.)

*Some, not all.

Well i had tens of billions of stuff up and people moaned that it stopped new people from making money on the market. Make your mind up.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Well Alpha 1s in general need their production to be boosted.  Similar to Alpha 2s, OR bump the outlying outposts to be better than Alpha 2s but in only 2 aspects.  Like before.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Ville wrote:

Well Alpha 1s in general need their production to be boosted.  Similar to Alpha 2s, OR bump the outlying outposts to be better than Alpha 2s but in only 2 aspects.  Like before.

while I agree if nobody is building in Alpha 2's then wtf.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Ville wrote:

while I agree if nobody is building in Alpha 2's then wtf.

Hunter wrote:

some pays ~year subscription and leave game too (for some time).

I've thought there's only a few people like me big_smile

Hunter wrote:

1) Connect your perpetuum account to the steam account. Your friends will see that you plays perpetuum and may be interested to join.

This and more. We cant rely on the corporation to do the job, we need to go outside our little bubble to recruit outside our comfort zone.

11 (edited by Altera 2014-11-25 17:57:06)

there are some good suggestions in here, but until the the game develops a little more content for new players, all of these efforts will only get more ppl to try the game then leave.  The issue is retention.  Tweaking production isnt going ot make new players stay.

I think we should hold off on our active recruitment outside of game until the PvE mission 2.0 comes (if ever).

But item #3 of the OP should be implemented regardless.

12 (edited by Hellmut 2014-12-01 14:22:02)

New player here (bought game on the 25th)

Enjoying the game alot and have already racked up a good 24 hours playtime (believe me that is alot for me).

Can't remember the last game that i wanted to spend that amount of time in a game in that small timeline.

In an age of generic and linear games, we need more games like this and i can't for the life of me figure out why i never came across this earlier.

This game needs proper advertising, Disjointed Eve players + bored fantasy mmo players would Love this.

Why should I bother supplying Alpha markets with X when Zoom can throw out an untested patch that drastically increases or decreases the value of what I'm supplying?

When did we get drafted into being unpaid volunteers in their development/marketing department?

It's their bloody game, if they won't make the effort why the hell should I do their job for them in my spare time?

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Hellmut wrote:

New player here (bought game on the 25th)

Enjoying the game alot and have already racked up a good 24 hours playtime (believe me that is alot for me).

Can't remember the last game that i wanted to spend that amount of time in a game in that small timeline.

In an age of generic and linear games, we need more games like this and i can't for the life of me figure out why i never came across this earlier.

This game needs proper advertising, Disjointed Eve players + bored fantasy mmo players would Love this.

I really loved this game when I started playing nearly 4 years ago, and I had to pay a monthly sub $10/month. So for those that like this type of game it is really is worth it for $30. Right now the game suffers from slow content updates which is what the experienced players like( more stuff, same things just get old), once the game is up to scratch , some advertising is essential.

RIP PERPETUUM

Syndic wrote:

why the hell should I do their job for them in my spare time?

QFT.

At this point its all rage posts about incompetency from me.

Syndic wrote:

why the hell should I do their job for them in my spare time?

Half of the job of this sandbox is getting a solid trusted fan base that wants the game to succeed, they have failed at that.

RIP PERPETUUM

I never see this kind of negativity in the game, whenever i have asked for help it has always been warmly received.

I expect that there are reasons for this and i have seen it in many other mmo's (warhammer online for starters) but so far so good.

I can understand some disgruntlement, but surely when you get to that stage its time to call it a day?

Hellmut wrote:

I never see this kind of negativity in the game, whenever i have asked for help it has always been warmly received.

I expect that there are reasons for this and i have seen it in many other mmo's (warhammer online for starters) but so far so good.

I can understand some disgruntlement, but surely when you get to that stage its time to call it a day?

you wont face the "negativity" until you set your foot onto a beta island.
or well, as soon as you made your first topic in "balance" or "feature request"

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

It's not negativity, it's legitimate shock that you have the gall to imply playing a game in our spare time automatically conscripts us as volunteers in the development and success/failure of the game.

CIR Complaint Form

20 (edited by Burial 2014-12-01 17:53:37)

Syndic, it's not like Perpetuum is the only sandbox game on the market. If you don't like the development process/speed/X, just go play something else. No-one would miss your consistent crying and moaning.

I'm not saying here it is the only game on the market, or that I don't like X Z or Y about it.

I'm saying I don't like the presumption of some people that by playing this game we're automatically conscripted to work as volunteers to make the game successful.

That's not my job. That's not your job.

The only people whose job it is to make this game something is Zoom and the other 4-5 dudes.

CIR Complaint Form

22 (edited by Burial 2014-12-01 20:17:32)

Doesn't matter to me what you or the other ~50 remaining players are doing. You are wasting your own time if the game goes belly-up.

Syndic wrote:

I'm not saying here it is the only game on the market, or that I don't like X Z or Y about it.

I'm saying I don't like the presumption of some people that by playing this game we're automatically conscripted to work as volunteers to make the game successful.

That's not my job. That's not your job.

The only people whose job it is to make this game something is Zoom and the other 4-5 dudes.

yet you want to be DEV and Community manager...

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

24 (edited by Syndic 2014-12-01 22:17:14)

I think you're projecting your own desires on to me. I couldn't think of a worse job then to work with Zoom on something, even worse that it would probably be some volunteer bullsh*t because they can't pay anything besides happy thoughts and in-game credits.

Goes without saying that pretty much anyone (except Anni) with any track record in-game could do a better job then Zoom though.

@ Burial

If people are having fun playing, then time isn't wasted - because that's the whole point for us as players. For Zoom & co. if the game goes belly up they probably won't hurt too much either, it's pretty clear they got actual jobs and this is a spare-time project for them.

CIR Complaint Form

Syndic As community manager involves:

Banning Anni. 

Reverse ALL the development in the past 2 years.

Thousands of players.