Topic: FreeToPlay

Recently i faced with interesting fact: Perpetuum have no free trial period anymore. It makes the game unattractive for new players.
I want to ask the devs bring back this feature with some limitations:
1) No EP accumulation
2) Allowed to use only light robots
3) Allowed to use only t1 equipment

...and yeah it's better to unlimit this time-period. The ppl should be able to login anytime from their main emails and check for interesting changes.

Basically i think the game need more hooks to catch more ppl.

The theory of mutual interests
Why the crybabies wins?
Где Ханя - там победа (с)
DEV Zoom: No need to speculate...

Re: FreeToPlay

agree

pay only is ***

DEV Zoom - "If you mean the NPC aggro, that's been like that for months already."

+1

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

+1

Would have joined perp 3 months before I did had i been able to try the game out first.

no EP accumulation -> yes
anything else:
limit them to the tutorial island, anything else creates loopholes and is unneccesary.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:

no EP accumulation -> yes
anything else:
limit them to the tutorial island, anything else creates loopholes and is unneccesary.

+1
Access to main islands will most likely result in some kind of abuse, afk mining farms with a ton of accounts, gate scouts etc etc... having a F2P tuturial island on the other hand would probably help the game's community grow I think smile

From the King of Pay to Win complainers comes suggestion for Free to Play. I think I finally agree for the first time ever of ANYTHING this weirdo has to say.

Not that it maters because the Devs are busy butchering what was once a fantastic game while ignoring all the real problems like DUH MUTHERFOCKERS ...PVE and MISSIONS. How late is you stage 2 mission revamp 2 years? And you guys all wrapped up in what ...stupidity. Pathetic.

Sparking to other games

+1

Very limited free to play access +1

As a brand new owner of a perpetuum agent, I was very alarmed to see the population being so low. If there will be one thing deterring me from really getting into this game, it would be a lack of players. I understand funding this game is probably becoming a nuisance, or the lack of help within the dev team. I hope there will be something drastic done to refuel this potentially awesome game.

A F2P trial - with limitations to obviously protect the game from abuse (I.e it's been stated, giant groups of farm bots, free scouts, spies, etc.) will do the game well. You could use sSteam to propel the product. Might have to take hit and get better servers, but it's make or break now.

Also, as an eve player, the recent roadmap CCP has laid out has pumped me up, even tho some of the changes are down the line, they are releasing content at a steady pace. If perpetuum adopts a similar plan of action, there is no doubt that, with such a F2P trial-account in tandem, the active pop could go up a few hundred, if not thousands, with at least 30% converting to paid accounts. What does perpetuum have to lose? Other then it's onlined status

[S.O.S.][S.O.S.][S.O.S.]

DEVS! SAVE THE GAME!!!

MAKE IT FREE2PLAY!!!

[S.O.S.][S.O.S.][S.O.S.]

The theory of mutual interests
Why the crybabies wins?
Где Ханя - там победа (с)
DEV Zoom: No need to speculate...

Hunter wrote:

[S.O.S.][S.O.S.][S.O.S.]

DEVS! SAVE THE GAME!!!

MAKE IT FREE2PLAY!!!

[S.O.S.][S.O.S.][S.O.S.]

Game is free to play.   You don't have to log in every 3 days to get ep anymore. 

Paying for the box is a normal thing if that's what you meant

Free to Pay wont save this game.

Very little will at this point.

You will see, they will try a full server wipe and relaunch....You will see.

I am Perpetuum.

One of the defining problems is the map.  It's too small.  It's too easy for a major power block to just roll in and just camp a grouping of island.

One thing that the development team said that touched a nerve of mine was: "is it too hard to believe that warring factions can live on the same island?"
This bothers me on two levels.  One it means the developers view the size of the game world by outposts while the player base sees it by island.  And two it is very very difficult for warring factions to coexist on the same map.  In fact it's fundamentally designed not to work.  2-3 entry points, login traps, escape to alpha, probes, scouts, dynamic ore fields, npcs not dropping good loot.

Well we have all these gamma islands?  There's more land there.
We are two years into gamma launch and there's STILL no reason to go there.
The investment in kernals, prototyping and logistics to construct a t1 base reap no reward.
T1 gamma buildings should have been seeded on the market.  Epi/Nora shouldn't be required to build t1 buildings.

My two cents.

You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

Phantomburn wrote:

One of the defining problems is the map.  It's too small.  It's too easy for a major power block to just roll in and just camp a grouping of island.

One thing that the development team said that touched a nerve of mine was: "is it too hard to believe that warring factions can live on the same island?"
This bothers me on two levels.  One it means the developers view the size of the game world by outposts while the player base sees it by island.  And two it is very very difficult for warring factions to coexist on the same map.  In fact it's fundamentally designed not to work.  2-3 entry points, login traps, escape to alpha, probes, scouts, dynamic ore fields, npcs not dropping good loot.

Well we have all these gamma islands?  There's more land there.
We are two years into gamma launch and there's STILL no reason to go there.
The investment in kernals, prototyping and logistics to construct a t1 base reap no reward.
T1 gamma buildings should have been seeded on the market.  Epi/Nora shouldn't be required to build t1 buildings.

My two cents.

This is true..

Free to play would help. Hostile factions on the same island is not going to happen but you can get a few thousand on three islands so the current map could support 10k people easily.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

I don't think that's true Jita.  And you know why.

I think those problems are low server problems. If you had a thousand people on an island you'd need a big gang to be able to disrupt effectively.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

10K, that is laughable.  Truly.  Just wow...not blown away by your stupidity but Wow.

Make it free to play, and kill the game.  Truly. 

If you want my official opinion, the Free to Play model we have NOW, has already killed the game.  Not due to players, but due to lack of capital (RL Money) flowing into the Developers pockets. 

If you look at THIS your concerns should rise even higher.

The Dev Team could release all the things to buy for RL cash, in game now, and very little will change.  Too few people without enough cash inflow to truly make a difference.

This is the true reason they do not develop those areas of the game, as it doesn't increase any amount of capital for them.  They are hoping for other means of increasing profitability.

I am Perpetuum.

No.  It's force projection.  It's spark teleports.  Back in the old days you had to walk to get there and engagements could last for hours and escalated to massive battles.  Now.  6 on 6 is a massive battle.

There are issues with the server, I doubt f2p will help, it would just make lag even worse, aka an unplayable game. The Devs would also need to upgrade servers adding to the cost with little cash coming to 'save' what little capital they have left, if any.

Another issue is even more alts appearing left right and center covering all aspects of self sufficiency. It will all boil down to how many clients you can have open.

RIP PERPETUUM

Look random forum alt dude.  Perpetuum developers are indie based.  They have hosted the servers themselves for years.  The games not going to die yo low population.  HELL, I remember days or single digits in general chat... For months!  But we got new content and kept clicking along.  So the doom and gloom talk is worthless.

Phantomburn wrote:

i still have hopes for someone reweriting the SERVER/instance code after the client got upgraded.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Hunter wrote:

Recently i faced with interesting fact: Perpetuum have no free trial period anymore. It makes the game unattractive for new players.
I want to ask the devs bring back this feature with some limitations:
1) No EP accumulation
2) Allowed to use only light robots
3) Allowed to use only t1 equipment

...and yeah it's better to unlimit this time-period. The ppl should be able to login anytime from their main emails and check for interesting changes.

Basically i think the game need more hooks to catch more ppl.

If they aren't committed to pay, they aren't commited to play.
This is not a causal player game. 

Other things must be done to get players in game.  The Devs will have a better RoI in getting current players or players that left game to play vs loring new free/casual plays to come and stay.  their efforts need to be focued on fixing sheit and adding content, not tying to get a gamer with no skin in the game (aka cash or time) to come and stay more then a very short time.

Altera wrote:

their efforts need to be focued on fixing sheit and adding content

So True.  So True.