1 (edited by Burial 2014-11-26 16:49:52)

Topic: Zoom, some feedback on assignments and Betas please

Going to have more free time soon and trying to figure out if I'm going to spend it with Perpetuum or something more productive.

How far Assignments #2 are and will they actually be worth the risk on Betas?
Whats your overall standpoint and development plan concerning Betas?

Re: Zoom, some feedback on assignments and Betas please

We have laid down the basics for the new system, but we still have to find solutions for a few things to make it work as a whole. At this point I don't dare to promise anything but a blog is in order soonish.

This is also why I wouldn't want to go into details yet, but the new mission template system will be driven by the available objectives around the mission request location, randomly picking them. This means that the final mission reward will be constructed based on the chosen objectives' type, level/difficulty, and the distance between the objectives. Regarding betas and gammas, there is likely going to be a "danger money" multiplier on top of that.

What about the new teleport network?

Burial wrote:

What about the new teleport network?

It was deemed lower priority than the mission system, but once we get the ball rolling for the missions, we can squeeze it in somewhere.

DEV Zoom wrote:

We have laid down the basics for the new system, but we still have to find solutions for a few things to make it work as a whole. At this point I don't dare to promise anything but a blog is in order soonish.

This is also why I wouldn't want to go into details yet, but the new mission template system will be driven by the available objectives around the mission request location, randomly picking them. This means that the final mission reward will be constructed based on the chosen objectives' type, level/difficulty, and the distance between the objectives. Regarding betas and gammas, there is likely going to be a "danger money" multiplier on top of that.

Sounds great, can't wait.

RIP PERPETUUM

DEV Zoom wrote:

In relation to this can you have a look at the meta table and add in some higher end metas that drop in missions to make PVE worthwhile.

Linear rewards blow.

Your blog is 10 days over due

Thanks Zoom. Hopefully it all works out.

I am slightly worried that there might not be a systematic way of arriving at a correct "danger pay" multiplier.

Btw I have no idea why I wrote "betas and gammas", although there is a slight possibility that we can make missions work on gammas too using the new system, even if just partially.

DEV Zoom wrote:

Btw I have no idea why I wrote "betas and gammas", although there is a slight possibility that we can make missions work on gammas too using the new system, even if just partially.

You can't even get NPCs that move on Gamma.  I won't hold my breathe.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.