Topic: What are Data Consoles for?

I've collected a ton of these red Data Consoles and can't figure out what to do with them.

The information on the consoles stsates that you should "deliver it to your contractor" and that it "can only be processed by Syndicate authorities".   I'm in the Truhold-Markson Alpha Terminal and I can't sell them there.  I tried a couple of other places and they won't take them either.

When I recycle them, they produce no components, but it says "Additional Results Expected".  After recycling about fifty of them, I never saw anything happen.

I even went on one of the "Destroy and Recover" missions that sends me out to retrieve some Data Consoles but when I got back it only took the seven it asked for and left the other hundred (of exactly the same type) in my inventory.

Do these things have ANY use at all, or are they just there to clutter up my inventory?

2 (edited by XrayIT 2010-11-24 15:40:32)

Re: What are Data Consoles for?

in most cases recyle materials.
but to really obtain somthing interesting you have to use some EP on recycling extension.
tutorial data give nothing

I got some commodities out of recycling mine.

-Gallowglass-
I've played just about everything once. Now it's Perpetuum's turn.

Mirv wrote:

When I recycle them, they produce no components, but it says "Additional Results Expected".  After recycling about fifty of them, I never saw anything happen.

They do recycle to random minerals, you can miss that if you already have some minerals in your storage since the result will autostack with them.

Great, now I can recycle them without fearing that I'm flushing away a boatload of money.

Thanks for all the replies! smile