Re: The Science behind the Patch.

a monkey could make t2 protos

DEV Zoom wrote:

If you can only do that with protos then that's a drawback right there in my book.

DEV Zoom - "If you mean the NPC aggro, that's been like that for months already."

Syndic wrote:

*moderated*

This is the kind of 'feedback' that really does not help either. I Appreciate that Ville and other is explaining issues now in detail to Zoom.

RIP PERPETUUM

53 (edited by Burial 2014-11-25 20:29:12)

This is why the game needs demob immune bots. (151km/h, same range on Vaga MK2)

Imagine, it was the same pre-patch with 800+ demob, but people misjudged it as ~balance~. big_smile

Celebro wrote:
Syndic wrote:

*moderated*

This is the kind of 'feedback' that really does not help either. I Appreciate that Ville and other is explaining issues now in detail to Zoom.

I see his point though. When have the devs ever admitted something was wrong and removed it in all these years? At best they nerf it in to insignificance. They seem unable to admit failure and do anything about it.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Burial wrote:

This is why the game needs demob immune bots. Imagine, it was the same pre-patch with 800+ demob. big_smile

Lol one demob at 500+ your gonna run in to trees and *** and lose him not to mention at 500+ if i see you locking me I know whats up and will avoid you.
Considering you were one of the few people that ran exclusive ewars I thought you would be harder on the devs burial.

Participate, Congratulate cause everything else will be seen as HATE.
Max yellow max all skills lvl 10 min max for the win

56 (edited by Burial 2014-11-25 20:26:45)

It's "short" demob, doesn't need LOS or anything. Just zap-zap. It's faster than any of the run-of-the-mill assaults.

Burial as I previously pointed out:

A demob at 530M is used for "Heavy Mech" engagements.

It's also used to kite groups during roams.  Helps fleeing fleets.

Demob immune bots SHOULD NOT be tanky.  In fact it should be as fragile as possible because its a get in ghank and get out.

Besides you can't lock and follow with RSAs.  And good luck not getting your RSA partner stuck.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

58 (edited by Burial 2014-11-25 20:48:51)

It has the surface size of a mech and dps of a T4 Yagel MK2. I'd say it's already a pretty deep trade-off without making it fragile like a twig. Also, I've apparently missed the Honor Book where it mentions that long range s-demob Zeniths are only used in fleets.

By the way, I support giving demob resistance to all of the lights and assaults to compensate for the mandatory lightweight frame.

There's not an honor book, it's the role it "WAS" designed for.  Regardless I'm done giving feedback, its not listened too anyways as Jita already pointed out.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Ville wrote:

There's not an honor book, it's the role it "WAS" designed for.  Regardless I'm done giving feedback, its not listened too anyways as Jita already pointed out.

Don't say things you don't really mean... wink

Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the mods you've lost. They belong to me now.

Scarab Kill Count:2

WHAT ARE STACKING PENALTIES?!?!?!?!?!?!

DEV Zoom wrote:

If you can only do that with protos then that's a drawback right there in my book.

You know nothing

Burial wrote:

It has the surface size of a mech and dps of a T4 Yagel MK2. I'd say it's already a pretty deep trade-off without making it fragile like a twig. Also, I've apparently missed the Honor Book where it mentions that long range s-demob Zeniths are only used in fleets.

By the way, I support giving demob resistance to all of the lights and assaults to compensate for the mandatory lightweight frame.

Dev Zoom jr here...