Topic: Question regarding missile spec

When I started I was thinking of going all missile specialization. Pelistal and Missile extensions, and piloting a Castel (to start with).

From what I heard/read however is that missiles are not that great, and other weapons are better.

Just curious what people's opinions are, can you make missiles worth it?

Thanks smile

Re: Question regarding missile spec

I use them for my main.  THey dont do very good dps, but they can fight on terrain that others cannot because of hills and LOS.

They are great in numbers if you can kill with 1 volley, mostly because you're almost assured everyone will hit as compared to a group of laser bots that half might just miss entirely.

They will obviously balance the weapons so they have somewhat equal pros and cons.  I'm in it for the long run, so I'm ok with them being a little bit weak ATM.

I am Perpetuum's Most Dangerous Agent and an equal opportunity troll.
-> You just lost The Game <-
"Perpetuum sounds like a something I would stick up my *** for enjoyement." -Kaito Kurusaki

Neoxx wrote:

I use them for my main.  THey dont do very good dps, but they can fight on terrain that others cannot because of hills and LOS.

They are great in numbers if you can kill with 1 volley, mostly because you're almost assured everyone will hit as compared to a group of laser bots that half might just miss entirely.

They will obviously balance the weapons so they have somewhat equal pros and cons.  I'm in it for the long run, so I'm ok with them being a little bit weak ATM.

^^ this ^^

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

gonna +1 Neoxx's comments - I use them on my main too.

The main reason that put me off missiles however is crosstraining - its a lot easier to switch from magnetic to lasers and visa versa than it is from missiles to any of the gunnery.

The thing that kept me was I <3 the gropho and waspish and i'm hoping that howitzers when they come will use the same secondary skills as missiles.

Waspish is imo great due to its range. Makes a good intakt killer and is also good for pve.

Gropho is good in comparison to the other heavies due to its ability to lock extremely fast making you a lot less vulnerable to ewar. Its also a LOT easier to keep energy stable while tanking. For these reasons I think if anything it still needs a bit of a nerf.

I also have missiles on my main and just wanted to say that i completely agree with what Neoxx said. But when i chose misslies I did it because i thought they were cool. Now when I now more about the game mechanics I can say that I still would have chosen missiles. So go for it! :-)

Former CEO of X-23

Thanks for the replies, missiles it is!

You can never have too many missiles big_smile

Jita wrote:

Waspish is imo great due to its range. Makes a good intakt killer...

sad

aoe missiles are coming... I swears it.

Blorturmur wrote:

I hope you're right. I SO hope you're right!

11 (edited by Blorturmur 2011-01-01 04:12:44)

Euden wrote:
Blorturmur wrote:

I hope you're right. I SO hope you're right!

if this is true (and i totally made it up, but awesome idea though right?), then there are two ways to implement that i can see:

all missiles are aoe by their own nature and damage numbers are majorly tweaked or they require basic ballistics lvl of 6 or higher and are a specific type of missile.