26 (edited by Burial 2014-11-22 12:04:54)

Re: Petition to Keep Epriton on Gamma - 22 Nov 2014

Celebro wrote:

Beta? Gamma? what's the difference they are both pvp areas with the same risks now. How about we had 20 betas tomorrow, how would that devalue epriton? and if it does wouldn't it make the player base grow?

This game gives ZERO opportunity for new players to grow and thrive. No were to hide other than alpha. It's either black or white, no grey areas. A masochist paradise for the new.

Elephant in the room is terminal placed next to an Epriton field. If it's possible to mine with a peace of mind knowing safety is one click away, it's radically different from Betas.

I understand your point of view. I believe barrier of entry for Betas is too steep as well, but solutions should be looked elsewhere. Sparks, additional islands, more entrances to Betas etc.

I don't support anything that depreciates Betas. Betas need to get fixed for the game to flourish.

I think if betas were unable to be locked id support epi on gamma. As is I'm undecided.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Burial wrote:

Elephant in the room is terminal placed next to an Epriton field. If it's possible to mine with a peace of mind knowing safety is one click away, it's radically different from Betas.

I disagree. an epriton field will move more often then a gamma base. you would maybe mine 1 or 2 epriton fields that is really close to the base before it moves to a far off location. pre patch, there was an epriton field right out side the SI beta base and after patch, it was in range to allow us to wall it off with the wall mechanics. matter of fact I was going to do it before my mk2 lithus and riv was popped... but that is beyond the point. the point is: if a 2 clicks till safety seems game breaking? then proxy probes should be nerfed to remove that "peace of mind" that you are worried about giving to us newbes.

29 (edited by Burial 2014-11-22 01:48:48)

Haven't followed all the new mechanics, but back with Gamma 1.0 the technique was to build a single standard terminal right next to the field and mine. Deconstructing the terminal and constructing it back up took only 20-30 minutes.

I don't mind Epriton being on more islands, but the risk needs to remain persistent or players will use the safest option and disregard others.

Also, ahem. tongue

Luke ask him how much Epi and Nora he mined behind complete safety, that was moved by the developers when gamma got wiped...

What he doesn't want Luke is for "his" personal cash cow to deflate in value.  So he's making it harder on you because his own personal needs are tucked away on alpha.  While he did the same thing he is now preaching against.  See the Irony?

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

What he doesn't realize Luke also there's large areas of unbuildable on most gammas, so he makes a false assumption based on data he's not tested.  Then when he's proven wrong he'll start attacking you on a personal level..

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Burial wrote:

Haven't followed all the new mechanics, but back with Gamma 1.0 the technique was to build a single standard terminal right next to the field and mine. Deconstructing the terminal and constructing it back up took only 20-30 minutes.

I don't mind Epriton being on more islands, but the risk needs to remain persistent or players will use the most safe option and disregard all others.

Also, ahem. tongue

thats a balance issue that the devs need to consider to prevent that from happening again. not every nerf or buff will solve every problem. you just have to figure out how much time a person is willing to wait for take down or set up.

33 (edited by Burial 2014-11-22 01:53:07)

Definitely. As long as the developers consider all the balance issues instead of unwisely moving Epriton back to Gammas with the same mechanics, it's fine.

It's a complicated balancing problem. Gammas have turrets and more stations versus exposed Betas with no turrets and 2 or 4 stations, hence I suggested to approach it from a different angle.

gamma terminal shouldnt be able to be deconstructed within 3-7 days of placement

Burial wrote:

Definitely. As long as the developers consider all the balance issues instead unwisely moving Epriton back to Gammas with the same mechanics, it's fine.

They have the ability to make ore fields spawn differently on different islands now. its only a matter of time

Stranger Danger / Capital Punishment / Cyberdown
Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth

Gamma Eppy gives new players hope

and Burial destroys hope for new players

Burial wrote:

Definitely. As long as the developers consider all the balance issues instead of unwisely moving Epriton back to Gammas with the same mechanics, it's fine.

It's a complicated balancing problem. Gammas have turrets and more stations versus exposed Betas with no turrets and 2 or 4 stations, hence I suggested to approach it from a different angle.

I said as much before gamma was re-released, I said no one would bother building there except for the trolls in cir/77th as it's not worth the effort with no epriton. The stc base the first non-partnership of kumbaya singing circle jerkers? Seems as if I was right in that previous thread. The only reason I could think of that makes any sense is if they're planning on sometime in the future making colixum or some other resource needed that's only found on gamma.

With the rate of development we've seen for the past 4 years, that means in about a year and a half they'll release that part of it.

Here's the question, say it's the reason above as to why it's a good idea to not have epriton on gamma... and then assume that my second statement is true, what's wrong with leaving it on there now so the new guys can get it. Once it's built they have at least 9 days to mine when cir/77th isn't trying to kill the base/them, and get it off island.

With epi only in beta makes it easier to find mining ops.  Gamma cannot be wall like before and u can't just poop a terminal where ever you please. 

I imagine leaving epi on gma will benefit a lot of us but specially new corps trying to build assets.  Who cares about vets we already have enough to play around and not having to worry about getting blown up.

I never farmed epi on gamma.  I never wanted to farm epi on gamma.  It's too damn impractical. I'm not driving a termis 3 islands over for any mineral.   I'm just too damn lazy and honestly it's stupid to attempt to go that far without scouts - which everyone was doing anyway and somehow getting away with it.  So much so that I was silently disappoint in CIR/PHM for not doing a better job. You need to put Peanut on salary or something.

Funny story,  I'm sitting in coms with a certain corp for 2 hours while they plan a mass gamma epi party. 2 hours trying to figure out a safe route to get to gamma.  Half hour into it, I say *** this, spark to ICS Beta and drive my "I don't give a ***" termis out to the epi field on Dom.  By the time they get to gamma I'm already running a sequer back.

Game not ruined.

/thread

problem isn't epi, putting epi on gamma just makes beta worthless as gamma, which isn't worthless but I digress...

problem are specific reward mechanics tied to each island integrated to beta and gamma specifically

once that happens you can all go back to crying about how alpha is too restrictive and the big pvp meanies are keeping you from content you paid for ect.

Stranger Danger / Capital Punishment / Cyberdown
Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth

Ville wrote:

What he doesn't realize Luke also there's large areas of unbuildable on most gammas, so he makes a false assumption based on data he's not tested.  Then when he's proven wrong he'll start attacking you on a personal level..

Can you stop being a *** and start refusing the points and not the people?

Luke the issue is it costs about 25 million to move a terminal. Even if you lose the base, scarab and riveler in the process your losing 200m.

Once that base is up you can mine in total safety 60m epi selling for 600+ million. That's neither balanced nor does it make for good PvP. I said right from the begining of the gamma change even if epi isn't on gamma that dropping a base should relocate all mining spots within 1km to somewhere else. At least then you have some safety but need to run to the station and make it or you have some risk because you need to drop a few cover turrets.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Burial wrote:
Celebro wrote:

Beta? Gamma? what's the difference they are both pvp areas with the same risks now. How about we had 20 betas tomorrow, how would that devalue epriton? and if it does wouldn't it make the player base grow?

Lol just LOL EPI has spawned under main terminal in hokk 2 times and once 1000m from tmb with dock ranges it was possible to mine and never get caught. Your argument is mute. If i include the times on dom epi was with in 1500m of an outpost owned by friendlies I would guess 10-15 mining epi with the effort of moving a base is pointless when you can move the spawn to a safe spot in your alliances power tz so the off tz can mine safely.

Participate, Congratulate cause everything else will be seen as HATE.
Max yellow max all skills lvl 10 min max for the win

43 (edited by Burial 2014-11-22 14:28:14)

Gammas have more safe zones where it can spawn in or near to. More terminals, turrets etc.

its great, the only value in beta is mining epriton, the only value in gamma is epeen...

and the only use for that epriton to make NIC, that you don't use to build things that are used to PvP.
the other guys, building things for PvP that never happens, or just make sure that they never lose anything.

sometimes i wonder if they only build/mine to see how long it will take for the servers database to collapse.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

maybe when they try and repair all the damaged mods at once from the last year of pew pew. then it might crash

now djntice cant eppy ninja gamma any more

I never mined epi on gamma lol. I Did scout once and got a scarab killed though xD

Lab Geek wrote:

I never mined epi on gamma lol. I Did scout once and got a scarab killed though xD

Same as it ever was

"you are not running away from me"  , topic