Topic: Grind vs Boredom

There are some parts of the game where you keep to need your attention level up for extended periods of time. I was just wondering how much of taht is itentional obstacle setting and how much just plain old not having a handy implementation.

Now I sometimes drive into reds because I didn't see them. I dontt mean that my bots signal detection would have been to low. NPC just spend so muc time in my landmarks and radar that it takes some amount of cognitive effort so parse whether or not to worry about them. This can be lessened a bit by choosing route that doesn't go throught known places where reds are.

I was piloting someof my faster bots I ended up running into reds but the locking sound they make made me wake up enough to run away from them. It would have been a fair outcome if I woudl ahve lost the bot. But then it was formed into a huge step on whether or not my bot is fast enough to get locked and still escape. What I have been left wishign is that the sound up would come sooner. So suggestion: have a toggle on radar setting where anything red or agenty inside the set range causes a sound. This trigger need not be slaveable to other actions but just a simple heads up that something is happening now. Another method would be to have a range filter for NPC on the landmarks as there is now for teleports and terminals (why not in the same push enable it for all?).

Another thing is harvesting plants. I would so so want for there to be a sound effect when the next harvesting cycle would kill the plant. Noralgis is supposed to be the risky / need protection plant but to me it is aborderline infeasibillity because I lose so many nora plants to boredom. I would not mind my effective harvesting rate going down if my bot idles while I don't switch plant lock. But does it really have to kill the plant if I am not constantly watching?

Please improve attention control ques on the game.

Re: Grind vs Boredom

I'll help you with your Nora problem just give me coordinates and island name.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

It would be nice to have the PvP portion but to my surprise I am almost defeate4d by the PvE portion sad.

Sounds like sap warfare is taking its toll.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Grinding without overall goals is boring in a sandbox, you need to create your own reasons and goals in a game like this.

Get some of your corp members riled up and participate in pvp with more than just yourself, this will add pve goals as youll all need to farm stuff to make bots to lose in pvp.

Most problems with lack of "content" can be solved by participating in pvp...

Stranger Danger / Capital Punishment / Cyberdown
Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth

Devs need to create extra profitable spots and areas in non-safe zone, for which players would have a reason to compete over.

I believe pvp could be very exciting and the game has what it takes. But this is game is ruined and we all know  by who, it´s by corps like CiR, -77- and PHM. - by Fu ManChu

7 (edited by Burial 2014-11-17 20:04:01)

Weedy wrote:

Devs need to create extra profitable spots and areas in non-safe zone, for which players would have a reason to compete over.

Beta assignments need to be worth the risk.

Oh look at how delicate the Noralgis plant is. You just mention it on the forums and it withers. It's almost as if somebody saw it it would catch fire...

STC could have taught you how to abuse everything if you were playing earlier

Ville wrote:

Sounds like sap warfare is taking its toll.

I believe you meant to say troll.