Topic: Petition to Keep Epriton on Gamma - 22 Nov 2014

Eppy being removed from Gamma today.

I think new players really enjoy it there.

Lets discuss our desire to reverse todays patch

Re: Petition to Keep Epriton on Gamma - 22 Nov 2014

+10

thats 9 in favor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBGWtVOKTkM

+1

RIP PERPETUUM

+1 We have used this since we discovered it not knowing it wasn't intended, with out epritom on gamma there is literally only 1 use for gamma for rookies and the like : artifacting. If you want MORE risk vs reward happening then leave it there! Either that OR MAKE COLLAXIUM MORE USEFUL! Seriously, keep epritom on gamma it's about the only lure there is atm.

8 (edited by Gotharic 2014-11-21 19:53:04)

+1, I like having more areas to do Epi, plus, why would it NOT be on Gamma?  Would it not follow the lore to have it out there?  So why is Noralgis allowed out there then?

9 (edited by Inda 2014-11-21 20:02:11)

+1

you cant wall off an island so you need to defend your miners !

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

LOL

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Even if devs have other plans for gamma, bring back Epri at least temporary. Makes sense.

RIP PERPETUUM

12 (edited by Stranger Danger 2014-11-21 20:15:01)

its funny because we didn't mine epi on gamma when it was there.

all this hurt was the ninja miners, since now they have to mine it on beta islands, islands that are more heavily watched.

I know one grumpy gus is voting this down because he assumes its beneficial to us, however id like to point out we can mine epi anywhere with almost no risk.  Give the ancient politics a rest burial.

Stranger Danger / Capital Punishment / Cyberdown
Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth

Stranger Danger wrote:

Give the ancient politics a rest burial.

QFT

Stranger Danger wrote:

its funny because we didn't mine epi on gamma when it was there.

all this hurt was the ninja miners, since now they have to mine it on beta islands, islands that are more heavily watched.

I know one grumpy gus is voting this down because he assumes its beneficial to us, however id like to point out we can mine epi anywhere with almost no risk.  Give the ancient politics a rest burial.

+1 to that

I risked my *** getting shot by crossing beta to get into gamma to mine eppy. now that its gone, the only use of gamma for a solo player is artifact. gg devs. gg.

Inda wrote:

+1

you cant wall off an island so you need to defend your miners !

Im pretty sure merkle slaughtering PHM miners all the time back in the day says you need to defend your miners anyway, lol.

Reading this signature fills you with determination.

+1  this makes no sense to remove Eppy from gamma, at least we could sneak in and mine some at still high risk to get a little of what we needed....but some is better than none! Why only have it on the islands that are almost impossible to get it. If you read these forums at all and listen to players at all then answer your logic here? only the few who have most shall have it all?

Epi was not intended to be on Gamma.

The fact its been on Gamma for this long speaks VOLUMES about "quality" development and Q&A process, nevermind actually monitoring whats going on in-game.

The fact this wasn't reported for this long goes to great lengths to prove to what extent people will go to keep some imagined advantage.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Syndic wrote:

Epi was not intended to be on Gamma.

The fact its been on Gamma for this long speaks VOLUMES about "quality" development and Q&A process, nevermind actually monitoring whats going on in-game.

The fact this wasn't reported for this long goes to great lengths to prove to what extent people will go to keep some imagined advantage.

So it actually wasnt intended to be on gamma? Thought gamma had all ores that are known to the game...

The problem is it devalues mining on Beta. If it's way easier to mine on Gamma and market price is dictated by that, why even mine it on Betas?

Burial wrote:

The problem is it devalues mining on Beta. If it's way easier to mine on Gamma and market price is dictated by that, why even mine it on Betas?

We would explain it to you but you'd just disagree and say the sky is yellow.

the epri still has to get to alpha through beta to get to market.

more risk, same reward as mining on beta yes?

Also, add mechanic that wont allow you to decon a terminal for the first 7 days after placement.

23 (edited by Stranger Danger 2014-11-21 22:35:43)

Ville wrote:
Burial wrote:

Yup all the noobs are hauling masses of ore across gamma, through beta, and back to alpha.

Also at the same time theres no reason to be on gamma or beta.

If you are too lazy to play other than an occasional pvp undock, perhaps you should take advantage of these "devalued" ores on alpha and buy them, which would raise the price and make you happy.

Stranger Danger / Capital Punishment / Cyberdown
Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth

Beta? Gamma? what's the difference they are both pvp areas with the same risks now. How about we had 20 betas tomorrow, how would that devalue epriton? and if it does wouldn't it make the player base grow?

This game gives ZERO opportunity for new players to grow and thrive. No were to hide other than alpha. It's either black or white, no grey areas. A masochist paradise for the new.

RIP PERPETUUM

Stranger Danger wrote:
Ville wrote:
Burial wrote:

Yup all the noobs are hauling masses of ore across gamma, through beta, and back to alpha.

Also at the same time theres no reason to be on gamma or beta.

If you are too lazy to play other than an occasional pvp undock, perhaps you should take advantage of these "devalued" ores on alpha and buy them, which would raise the price and make you happy.

for the sake of argument. if someone DID want to live in gamma and only gamma, you couldn't now since the eppy was removed. there is no way to live off of the land now. yes there is still the restriction of helio on a yellow island. but it wouldn't stop the yellow players wanting to live off the land of yellow island. the point of gamma, is to have a sand castle and maybe live in that castle. thus allowing bullies having the ability to stomp on that castle.  thus moving the market if those bullies bought things or reducing the stock pile that they had if stuff was blown up in the process.