Topic: Deconstructing buildings during reinforcement

I might be mistaken here, however I thought in the "old" gamma system people were not allowed to deconstruct buildings while they were in emergency reinforcement phase?

Apparently this is possible in the "new" gamma system.

Is this a feature or a bug?

Some people play checkers, some play chess...  Once in a while you can find a guy playing GO.  The former is prey, the secondary is a teacher, and the latter is a general.

Re: Deconstructing buildings during reinforcement

Was always possible to decon a building with no connections. Not sure if this applies here.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

they were all connected

someting broke

Yeah that's not supposed to be possible.

You can't decon without it being offline and no connections before.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Change: Turrets, repair nodes, and booster nodes will go offline while in emergency mode. They will automatically go online again when the emergency phase ends.

I assume it's because of this.

I could be proven wrong but to my knowledge we don't have such a mechanic. Actually one of the points of emergency phases is that it gives you the time to get the hell out of there with your buildings if you think you don't stand a chance.

DEV Zoom wrote:

I could be proven wrong but to my knowledge we don't have such a mechanic. Actually one of the points of emergency phases is that it gives you the time to get the hell out of there with your buildings if you think you don't stand a chance.

That's a change then. For sure before the patch if your building was connected it could not be deconned and you couldn't change connections while in reinforce.

We'll try to look for it in the code and get back to you.

I would like to poitn out that haivng 9 days to deconstruct and then being able to reconstruct your average coalition can easily make the some 30 mil NIC in that 9 days to keep a gamma base alive indefinetely. Offcourse the "upkeep cost" scales with the size of base to be kept alive but I don't think this isn't compatible with the spirit I thought gamma strive for.

So someone attacks our base, rather than fighting I can just decon the stations then slap them back up with a fresh re-enforce cycle

that's intended right?

Why not just make gamma pve like alpha?  That way people wont need to pack up and run when pvp happens...

Stranger Danger / Capital Punishment / Cyberdown
Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth

11 (edited by Supremacy 2014-11-21 01:39:24)

so, if someone reinforces my base structures, I can take them down, then put them back up safe and sound

yeah that sounds legit

WE NEED COMMON SENSE INTERVENTION

12 (edited by Inda 2014-11-21 02:17:47)

+1 to change this mechanic

I shouldnt be deconstruct my gamma. Maybe allow deconstruct at the reinforcment timer so yo ucan if you can defend your deconstructers.

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

inda did it

so you used an exploit to save your base....

Participate, Congratulate cause everything else will be seen as HATE.
Max yellow max all skills lvl 10 min max for the win

DEV Zoom wrote:

Just checking in to lol

Sparking to other games

I am still shocked that you even wrote this.

This erodes what little confidence I have left in your ability to understand your own game.

clean it up zoom

DEV Zoom wrote:

Supremacy wrote:

I am still shocked that you even wrote this.

This erodes what little confidence I have left in your ability to understand your own game.

clean it up zoom

DEV Zoom wrote:

I know right....
During old gamma kanogi deconned all of our bases and the next patch changed that. I feel cheated out of killing around 12 of indas things.

Anonymous: lobo is the only hero left in this god foresaken game / :also, Lobo is god among men
http://killboard.sequer.nl/?a=agent-his … mp;month=7 Best month 104 to 1 k/d

definitely shouldnt be able to decon without having maximum reinforcement timers

i roughly rememebr a change where it was not possible to disconnect buildings when at least one building in the network was in reinforcement.
i dont think it was about deconstruction.

since you only need to offline a buliding to decon it it whould not be affected by this.

but its been a while...

Zortarg wrote:

i roughly rememebr a change where it was not possible to disconnect buildings when at least one building in the network was in reinforcement.
i dont think it was about deconstruction.

since you only need to offline a buliding to decon it it whould not be affected by this.

but its been a while...

Patch 2013-08-23 wrote:
  • Fix: Possible fix for turrets getting stuck and not firing anymore.

• Change: It's not possible anymore to break ANY building connection if the network has any building in emergency phase. (Adding buildings to the network is possible.)

• Change: It's not possible anymore to change the emergency phase's offset time if the network has any building in emergency phase.

• Change: It's not possible anymore to bring a building in emergency phase offline, and therefore deconstruct it. (Onlining is possible.)

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Hence why the change I linked is important. It automatically off lines stuff and so allows it to be deconned.

Let me tell you what the bug is, if the building is already offline, and it gets reinforced.  It can then be deconstructed.  Even if its reinforced.  Which because of your "new" energy system, base owners put things in "power saving" mode.

Your welcome.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Anni/Jita: right, that's why I couldn't find anything on it, because it's not directly disallowed, only indirectly by the offlining rule.

But then I assume this problem only affects "Turrets, repair nodes, and booster nodes".

edit: or that, thanks Ville.

I may have been over dramatic in this matter

Fix is out, deconstruction during emergency phase is now disallowed by a direct rule.