Re: Elite Corp Dialogue forums section

Weedy wrote:
Stranger Danger wrote:

to prevent input from inactive players with extreme bitterness and borderline obsession.  Most of the forum toxicity is coming from inactive players posting regarding past politics that don't even matter at this point.

Cassius wrote:

The game is based on control, but not acting like ***.

Careful what you ask for Stranger, the only forum posting criteria you could pass is volume, not quality, or relevance, or useful, elite, or even fun. Just volume.

Posting in another of a long line of CIR/77 "look at me being an ***" thread.

And please, I will quote Cindy in lieu of the inevitable stock replies, "I have a lifetime account, I can play or post whenever I want"

Please don't close this thread, it concentrates all comments of a certain type in one location for me to read quickly while at work.

Are you a wizard, Stranger

I can snap my fingers and make cassius appear out of inactive air

Stranger Danger / Capital Punishment / Cyberdown
Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth

On this note, why can't we gild comments?

ZOOM. COME ON.

I believe pvp could be very exciting and the game has what it takes. But this is game is ruined and we all know  by who, it´s by corps like CiR, -77- and PHM. - by Fu ManChu

53 (edited by Stranger Danger 2014-11-19 23:42:45)

Weedy wrote:

On this note, why can't we gild comments?

ZOOM. COME ON.

Im all for circle jerk counters

but aside from that, we really do need a land owners political sub forums with restrictions on corps that are not involved.

we don't need the select few inactive haters junking up sensitive diplomatic threads

Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth

I agree with this topic and sentiments expressed by my comrades, particularly Supremacy.

Carry on.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

If your diplomacy is driven to the ground by Jitas combo breakers I have bad news about your diplomacy skills...

Good sir, you should by now be aware that our diplomacy is almost entirely composed of cocknedarts, in volleys of 6.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

57 (edited by Stranger Danger 2014-11-20 00:06:35)

Rolafen Azec wrote:

If your diplomacy is driven to the ground by Jitas combo breakers I have bad news about your diplomacy skills...

It renders the forums useless in creating a conversation regarding land ownership and diplomacy.  You have a few toxic members who cant be bothered to log in, have very loud opinions on the game they don't play, and junk up others threads with toxic name calling.

Its not just jita, though he is by far the most toxic and frequent root of the issue, you have a few other people who just don't play at all, but feel the need to get in on the action, which makes simple things regarding diplomacy between players in different time zones all the more difficult.

You also have new players who were told were the guys to hate, and do nothing but try to jump on a bandwagon they don't understand, and often get their corps into situations they later regret.

You will appreciate our efforts on making this happen Rola, should you ever find a group of people willing to assist your active efforts in game.  I wish you the best of luck in this, the game needs more active players who try...as you do.

Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth

Woof

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

The fact ath you are offered toxing doesn't mean you habe to shallow it. Given the amount of spinning you have made it's kinda surprising you take yarn Jita and co offer to figuratively hang yourself.

Stop feeding the trolls newb. Jita was quite successfull in showing what a fool he is until you step in as if you need to defend yourself. Somebody not informed might get the expression that you care what they say. As you don't qq to be given gamma free to yourself you should not qq to free yourself from being the emotional slave of Jita.

Jita wrote:

Woof

http://gfycat.com/BiodegradableWeakFattaileddunnart

I believe pvp could be very exciting and the game has what it takes. But this is game is ruined and we all know  by who, it´s by corps like CiR, -77- and PHM. - by Fu ManChu

Supremacy wrote:

That is why your opinion is biased.

I call for a vote on no confidence.

We need a new moderator, a strong moderator.

DEV Zoom wrote:

Honestly the people that trash up/derail those topics are usually also gamma or beta residents, just from the opposing faction than the OP. Because a lot of the suggestions are favorable for one side and not the other.

Its only biased when its you. smile

Reading this signature fills you with determination.

which team are you on today

BeastmodeGuNs wrote:
Supremacy wrote:

That is why your opinion is biased.

I call for a vote on no confidence.

We need a new moderator, a strong moderator.

DEV Zoom wrote:

Honestly the people that trash up/derail those topics are usually also gamma or beta residents, just from the opposing faction than the OP. Because a lot of the suggestions are favorable for one side and not the other.

Its only biased when its you. smile

Stranger Danger wrote:
Rolafen Azec wrote:

It renders the forums useless in creating a conversation regarding land ownership and diplomacy.  You have a few toxic members who cant be bothered to log in, have very loud opinions on the game they don't play, and junk up others threads with toxic name calling.

Its not just jita, though he is by far the most toxic and frequent root of the issue, you have a few other people who just don't play at all, but feel the need to get in on the action, which makes simple things regarding diplomacy between players in different time zones all the more difficult.

You also have new players who were told were the guys to hate, and do nothing but try to jump on a bandwagon they don't understand, and often get their corps into situations they later regret.

You will appreciate our efforts on making this happen Rola, should you ever find a group of people willing to assist your active efforts in game.  I wish you the best of luck in this, the game needs more active players who try...as you do.

The forums were rendered useless a long time ago. You guys are as organized in game as you are at trolling the forums.

Actually, now that I think about, Gunner has an excellent idea. Please create this elite forum for the players who own territory, and give them free reign to post there. Naturally, since they are elite, simply limit them to posting in the elite section only, that way us non playing or noob poster don't  sullen their forum posting experience.

Of course, an unintended side effect would be the rest of the forums would be virtually free of troll topics and spam replies, and maybe normal forum traffic, although decidedly less elite, could occur.

Might actually cut down your forum moderating:actually working the game ratio from 90:10 to 10:90, Zoom.

+1 for Gunners idea.

OK So do it like this, implement the alliance style mechanics and have each alliance have their own automatically spawned sub forum that is only visible to them. No cross clutter from opposing sides, separated discussion zones for those who are in the same group, and oh when an alliance disbands have it auto destroy said forum for free clutter control! \0/ Win-Win-Win, solution found.

hey STC why dont you just decon exploit everything

Supremacy wrote:

Such an excellent example of why you need your own "special" forums.
C'mon Zoom, give them what they want.

People who know what is up and are successful - us

Other people - you

Cassius wrote:
Supremacy wrote:

+1
at the same time, disallow them to post anywhere else. your need for forum moderation would go down 100%

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

I will pay perpetuum Credits to be allowed to muzzle poster on the forums, like Anni.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Amano Terijima wrote:

OK So do it like this, implement the alliance style mechanics and have each alliance have their own automatically spawned sub forum that is only visible to them. No cross clutter from opposing sides, separated discussion zones for those who are in the same group, and oh when an alliance disbands have it auto destroy said forum for free clutter control! \0/ Win-Win-Win, solution found.

+1

Reading this signature fills you with determination.

72 (edited by Stranger Danger 2014-11-22 07:31:07)

Cassius wrote:
Supremacy wrote:

So since you long ago publicly quit the game (was super sad about that btw), can we get an ETA on when you quit the forums?

Or you can just keep being the poster child of the need for such elite and restricted forums.

Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth

Why do you feel the need to attack people at every post in an attempt to make them not play the game Ville and Stranger?

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

describe Jita:

Jita wrote:

Why do you feel the need to attack people at every post in an attempt to make them not play the game Ville and Stranger?

This is now so elite that noone can post.