Topic: Poll: Should the latest patch be rolled back and reworked on?

Please keep the comments to other threads and we will make this a simple yes or no with no explanation to avoid argument :-)

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Re: Poll: Should the latest patch be rolled back and reworked on?

Yes

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

No

Yes (and +4 from my buds, all newbs too)

yes

I think the real question needs to be "should X be fired"

4 years track record tells us that even if the patch gets rolled back, something similar will happen 5-6 months down the line.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

So you owuld rather have no devs than incompetent devs?

Rolafen Azec wrote:

So you owuld rather have no devs than incompetent devs?

Yes.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

And, Yes to the Poll.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

No.

11 (edited by Sidrudoug 2014-11-15 15:37:25)

Yes 2x, dual account, that mean 1% of total active players....
can you work on the real problems...

No

Yes about the 5% nerfs, no some tweaks that were actually good.

Yes x2

Ignorance is curable, Stupidity is not.
The "Planet of the Apes" is not science fiction, is a daily reality.
All is in "The Matrix".
See Beyond the Obvious.

No.

Not a rollback, just need to grandfather in all the skills. New players from now on dont need the hightech or ewar spec. That or dont require the hightech skill to pilot the mk2 bots but they dont get the bonuses either.

You should never log in and not be able to drive a bot you could the day before.

YES

I think that it should have been implemented differently.

Im not totally against the changes, though I feel the end result (due to how a lot of bonuses work a small % change = a big change) changed some bots too drastically.  Perhaps a longer term very slight creep of stats would allow for the game to find a better balance. 

I don't mind the new skills that were added however everyone with a pre existing character should have gotten lv1 on all of the specific bot type skills (unless there was no industrial or combat faction prior).

I think peoples biggest complaint here....one heavy mech got a nice buff the rest didn't.  One ewar got a complete nerf.  Not only was its neuts majorly nerfed....green bots wont have accumulator madness that require an ictus to be present...and they still need to deal with line of sight.

Then theres little stuff that doesn't really matter but shows the devs don't really get how the game is played..."hey if we put a small boost to weapons people will start rocking weapons on light ewar and people will stop RSA'ing on mech ewar and shoot stuff!!!!"

I think this patch had the right idea.  Im fine with assaults being stronger and the bot class being less linear.  This patch is going to end up with a less diverse battlefield than before....at least before there was some semblance of balance other than the favoritism with cheap to fit and use green bots due to accumulators (detectors and tackle mostly).

Also whats the point of a test server when its on there for a short period of time and theres no communication regarding it the changes?

Stranger Danger / Capital Punishment / Cyberdown
Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth

I like it

I would say yes, although a few more well thought out tweaks to the current system can make it more appealing.

RIP PERPETUUM

21 (edited by Luke Broker 2014-11-15 22:02:41)

Stranger Danger wrote:

I think that it should have been implemented differently.

Im not totally against the changes, though I feel the end result (due to how a lot of bonuses work a small % change = a big change) changed some bots too drastically.  Perhaps a longer term very slight creep of stats would allow for the game to find a better balance. 

I don't mind the new skills that were added however everyone with a pre existing character should have gotten lv1 on all of the specific bot type skills (unless there was no industrial or combat faction prior).

I think peoples biggest complaint here....one heavy mech got a nice buff the rest didn't.  One ewar got a complete nerf.  Not only was its neuts majorly nerfed....green bots wont have accumulator madness that require an ictus to be present...and they still need to deal with line of sight.

Then theres little stuff that doesn't really matter but shows the devs don't really get how the game is played..."hey if we put a small boost to weapons people will start rocking weapons on light ewar and people will stop RSA'ing on mech ewar and shoot stuff!!!!"

I think this patch had the right idea.  Im fine with assaults being stronger and the bot class being less linear.  This patch is going to end up with a less diverse battlefield than before....at least before there was some semblance of balance other than the favoritism with cheap to fit and use green bots due to accumulators (detectors and tackle mostly).

Also whats the point of a test server when its on there for a short period of time and theres no communication regarding it the changes?

I liked it, till I noticed that my income got hit as well. I wanted to test it more, but I was waiting for a dev to comment on the rational. I had no idea this patch was on the test server until a vet posted it on the forums, nore knew when it was going to be patched till the day i logged in.

also, the nerf on mining, will increase the prices of bots and other materials. I haven't done the math yet. but just in case, I jumped my prices on my current bots for sale. I wanted to increase the prices more, but the NPC seeded market capped me.

I want a roll back, but the dmg is done.

Gwyndor wrote:

Not a rollback, just need to grandfather in all the skills. New players from now on dont need the hightech or ewar spec. That or dont require the hightech skill to pilot the mk2 bots but they dont get the bonuses either.

You should never log in and not be able to drive a bot you could the day before.

THIS ^^^^^^

23 (edited by Zortarg 2014-11-15 23:53:46)

its not bad. makes it more intresting for me atm. might need a few small tweaks but aside from that...

NO

p.s.: cry more

Nerf to mining has hit everyone, even vets the most with a 30% reduction to gather resources. The advantage the vets have is on the huge stock, which has now risen in value.

RIP PERPETUUM

Celebro wrote:

Nerf to mining has hit everyone, even vets the most with a 30% reduction to gather resources. The advantage the vets have is on the huge stock, which has now risen in value.

Burial told me today that he found a stock of 700m epriton he forgot about. I think the vets are good.