Re: Official response to the comments in patchnotes?

There's nothing to be "fixed" about vets EP.

It's a consequence of the game being released in 2010.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Correspondingly there should not be anything to screw up about vet EP.

DEV Zoom wrote:

Those who are content with a change rarely comment on it, so we're left with the negativity, I thought that was common knowledge.

So the only player feedback you consider is positive comments, and negative comments are ignored.

Or do you have a special metric to track discontent users... something like user base or growth or player retention maybe?

29 (edited by Stranger Danger 2014-11-15 18:19:32)

Ictus pilots, and people who used non Seth heavies are going to be pissed.  Green pilots are going to be pissed.

How could they not be?  One heavy was made better than the rest, the ictus has no real use other than minor harassment.

Personally im on the cusp of being two combat factions, im fine, I don't think my ECM role was terribly nerfed other than making a tuner more my go to additional head mod over others I used. 

There are better ways to achieve balance than what happened here.  Im 100% all for assaults being improved and turning into more what their name implies.  Im 100% for heavies to be more tanks and less about assaulting people.

See the issue here Zoom....if you HAD given everyone an EP reset....do you think everyone would spec back into what they were...before there actually was some form of bot balance and a semi diverse battle field....do you think everyone would just repec into baphomet/Set? I do.  That's not balance.

Every bot should have a vital and effective role in game.  Light bots where the weakspot as those with better accumulators made better tanky detectors (which detecting was nerfed) and tackels. Which was why castel and troijar were mostly used for this...that was a balance opportunity.

Id say let it all play out in game to see the results, however the kind of pvp seen in the game right now....I don't think there has ever been a time in this games life, even in private testing, where pvp was of such low quality, low thought process, and low organization and tactics.  I don't think much will be learned by what is used in game anymore. people just bring whatever with little thought behind it.

Stranger Danger / Capital Punishment / Cyberdown
Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth