Topic: If You Were the DEV...

What would you want to fix most? Im not asking if you were THE DEV just, a DEV. Examples being artist, models, market manager, advertisement, coding, player relations, etc.

I would like to be a guy that works on advertisement or checking statistics on incoming players, what brings them, etc.

Re: If You Were the DEV...

PVE.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

AND I WOULD REMOVED GOD DAMN SPARK TELEPORTS.

This game has a lot of opportunity for PCG (procedural content generation) both in missions and in playable area creation.  I would aim for that.  Infinite islands (alpha, beta w/terminals, and possibly even gamma?).

PVE

And what Kayin said!

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

6 (edited by Annihilator 2014-11-11 13:31:06)

Forum Moderation
AI and what Kaying wrote
Pathfinding / Terrain data streaming

there a lots of things. advertising comes last since viral advertising works wonders when the stuff above is working

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Premium accounts - give ACTUALLY VALUABLE incentives to pay extra monthly money for utility (non-p2w) rewards. Current bonuses for premium accounts are a joke.

Proper risk vs reward balance in alpha/beta/gamma.

Updating forum functionality, so that we are not stuck in 2001. Design is fine, but the lack of ANYTHING on forum is ridiculous for 2014 - no pics, no videos, no spoiler boxes, no polls, god, there's not even simple text alignment.

I believe pvp could be very exciting and the game has what it takes. But this is game is ruined and we all know  by who, it´s by corps like CiR, -77- and PHM. - by Fu ManChu

Oh, and also I wouldn't put the latest robot balance patch live if I were a Dev - just adjust currently underused robots to proper level, otherwise the new patch will create a lot more problems and useless bots.

I believe pvp could be very exciting and the game has what it takes. But this is game is ruined and we all know  by who, it´s by corps like CiR, -77- and PHM. - by Fu ManChu

I'd make the game free to play and concentrate on making a good cash shop.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

10 (edited by JetNexus 2014-11-11 15:15:25)

First of all, i would focus on getting additional funding.
After all, it's all about money. money -> features -> players -> money
If you can't get more players then just get more money for the development from somewhere else at this point.

This game can never....ever...be free to play without some sort of game wrecking pay to win mechanic.  Let me explain.

The game goes free to play.  I create as many accounts as my computer can handle.  Lets say I can deal with 15 or 20 accounts at a time.  Ill just put miners on every ore type in the game on alpha all the time.  Now lets talk combat.  Ill make another 10 accounts so I have a character in every station in the game.

But the games free so why stop there?

Ill put a detector on every game in game, on top of every station to see whos where.

You need a paywall to prevent spamming of accounts.

Stranger Danger / Capital Punishment / Cyberdown
Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth

Archage manages it. So can perpetuum. In fact with time based ep its easier here.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

AA doesn't have full loot pvp.

lol...AA manages it.  There are fields of bots in that game farming eternally.

You want alpha to be nothing but bot miners sucking down all the ore and sticking it on the market for next to nothing?

This game needs a paywall to making new accounts.

Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth

If I were the devs, I would kidnap coders at gunpoint and stick them in your coding dungeon and crack the whips.

Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth

Stranger Danger wrote:

If I were the devs, I would kidnap coders at gunpoint and stick them in your coding dungeon and crack the whips.

Potato point?

Azyrex wrote:

As silly as it sounds, a pvp battleground would be nice.  Achievements off of steam.  Collectibles of some sort.  Our own little "gammas" to play with, building fun things in it, not only to simply enjoy, but tweak to our liking, with only materials usable in that part of the game, not outside or in non "gamma world" areas.  Would also offer opportunities to enjoy gamma-like experience for those who are unwilling or unable to play gamma (the new, the poor, the anti-social and the anti-pvp among us).  People need a reason to play, and these "theme park" options would satisfy some people without taking value away from the main sandbox part of the game.

+1

If they advertised saps instead of hiding them it would go some way to creating battlegrounds.

Really the only thing this game needs is players and the only way that's happening is an angel investor or free to play.

Jita wrote:

If they advertised saps instead of hiding them it would go some way to creating battlegrounds.

Really the only thing this game needs is players and the only way that's happening is an angel investor or free to play.

Big reason I want a darkfall style siege mechanic for saps.  Let the players decide on the time and place, give them the ability to prepare, and make the time public to allow for 3rd party interference and merc hiring ect.

Plus its kind of discouraging to make the big effort for a sap just to lower stability a bit.  Would be more enticing to go big if success meant full ownership for a set period of time before the ability to re-siege it.

Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth

You weren't around when that existed and it sucked.

Jita wrote:

It never existed in the manner in which I suggest.

Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth

Well we could do away with Station locks then ^^

Stranger Danger wrote:
Jita wrote:

It pretty much did. An attack that's pre registered with a few days warning that allows the defender to adjust the time with a decisive battle at the end.

It sucked.

Jita wrote:
Stranger Danger wrote:
Jita wrote:

It pretty much did. An attack that's pre registered with a few days warning that allows the defender to adjust the time with a decisive battle at the end.

It sucked.

..and many times the attacker didn't show up fuuu

RIP PERPETUUM

Yet you were required as the defender to do a kitchen sink op three times a week per island.

Those mechanics and the futility of them were why I left.

So many 5am ops lol