Re: ECM / EW tuners / Supressors / ECCM

Shadowmine wrote:
Syndic wrote:

The bottom line is that the EWar nerf will go in regardless, and EWar will be probably worthless when considering cost of bot versus what it actually contributes to the fleet. At that point, 6 different compositions that currently suffer against EWar will become available, and then we break the game so thoroughly it will take years to unravel the balance mess.

For each mechanic nerf, 3 will become overpowered.

Until we're back to who can field more people.

3 fights and excuses about lags and DDoS after that, there won't be anything left to do except turn it into a 10v10 lobby shooter like world of tanks.

And I believe the word you are looking for is "Useless" not "Nerf". big_smile

Fixed for you

302 (edited by Rage Rex 2014-06-27 01:54:01)

Burial wrote:

Exactly, why would EW ever need shield hardener, it's not like it's getting hit ever, right.

Shield is a buffer so that in that 1 second ewar mech is in open it's not 2 shot in the face.

Also, we seem to be hitting your ewar mechs quite fine, and with great regularity.

Take those damage tuners out your ***, fit some ECCMs and watch how dynamic game-play changes tactics.

---

Come to think of it Burial, were you not with M2S when they all started running with 3 guns and a neut in their mechs to counter CHAOS with there apparently unstoppable spider Tyranos fleets? I'll bet you were one of the guys who said "HELL NO! if I give up a gun I'll lose 25% of my DPS! NERF SHIELDS!!!"

Actually he usually pilots Ewar bots.

Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the mods you've lost. They belong to me now.

Scarab Kill Count:2

With injectors in it. gg

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

Shadowmine wrote:

Improvise, Adapt, Overcome. Ewar mechs can have a decent tank if you are willing to not have a full rack of Suppressors and ECM's. The fact that there are pretty much De Facto standard fits with ewar mechs is not a good thing IMO.

Oh, don't worry, if those ridiculous changes ever get pushed live, we'll change our fits and fleet composition accordingly. Not like we had to do it 5-6 times already in the past roll When the fits we saved the points for almost 10 months got nerfed right before we wanted to field them because of someone else's inability to 'adapt and overcome', we didn't whine for a year unlike certain individuals, but moved on to the next best alternative.

However, those changes will kill EWar as a class, and diminish EWar bots usage to 0 (except Demob Zenith, but it won't matter much considering that tanked DPS is going to be the king in this case). So, please handout the respecs for people who spent their valuable time and effort skilling up EWar to be able to do a single PvP role, and who will be left useless in EVERY area of the game because of your ingenious balance insights.

You, however, will find a new thing to whine about, believe it or not, after those changes are introduced.

Shadowmine wrote:

Actually, this topic has been around the 2+ years that I have been playing Perp.. And I suspect much longer than that. You are correct that it is a small minority of people that post on the forums about such things as this. But there is also a very small minority of players in Perp that have enough experience and knowledge of the game to be able to have an educated opinion on the matter.

Care to link anything that is not yours/Burial's/Merkle's/Lucian's whining?

Your 'educated opinion' is summed up in this article. You've shown the worth of your experience with all your recent fit suggestions in this thread (why are we even having this discussion? Oh right, because devs paid attention to yours 1 year long whining roll). Outside of Lemon, Mongolia, Styx, Yoslin, Siddy and 5-6 other veteran guys, I really doubt anyone can even be referred as educated opinion of experience, especially when they are talking about their-dear-selves.

If you really think you are so good, why don't you show it on the battlefield or provide us with the proofs?

I believe pvp could be very exciting and the game has what it takes. But this is game is ruined and we all know  by who, it´s by corps like CiR, -77- and PHM. - by Fu ManChu

being in an ewar is not being good at ewar

Shadowmine wrote:

DEV Zoom - "If you mean the NPC aggro, that's been like that for months already."

Shadowmine wrote:

He get tired of his kains getting one shot?

308 (edited by BeastmodeGuNs 2014-11-08 08:17:45)

With the upcoming changes to robot capabilities and bonus already on the test server, I have to ask, the new extension that gives bonus to sensor strength and the other ewar changes still in the works? And will the sensor strength extension come out with the upcoming extensions and robot bonus changes?

DEV Alf wrote:

On the test server
-extension that provides 2% sensor str bonus / lvl (both to bot's base value and to the eccm)

Things we are considering, ideas welcome:
-the new extension affect only the eccm
-lowering tunings bonuses
-increasing tuning drawback
-increasing ECCM modules efficiency significantly
-new mechanic (entropy) (forumpost)
-change tunings to add flat ecm strength bonus values

Reading this signature fills you with determination.

Beastmode go look at your ictus neuting power on test server versus live server.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Everything doesn't have to be self-serving all the time.

311 (edited by Annihilator 2014-11-06 21:10:00)

Ville wrote:

Beastmode go look at your ictus neuting power on test server versus live server.

syndic requested an ictus nerf some time ago.
probably renewed it a few days ago wink

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

I don't request nerfs, I just watch and laugh. lol

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Syndic wrote:

that explains why your Mechs are exploding on the battlefield.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

You're the one to talk. lol

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Annihilator wrote:
Syndic wrote:

that explains why your Mechs are exploding on the battlefield.

I believe that you utilize the term EXPLODE in a wrong fashion.

I believe pvp could be very exciting and the game has what it takes. But this is game is ruined and we all know  by who, it´s by corps like CiR, -77- and PHM. - by Fu ManChu

Back to the original question and purpose of the necro for this thread. :S

BeastmodeGuNs wrote:

With the upcoming changes to robot capabilities and bonus already on the test server, I have to ask, the new extension that gives bonus to sensor strength and the other ewar changes still in the works?
And will the sensor strength extension come out with the upcoming extensions and robot bonus changes?

DEV Alf wrote:

On the test server
-extension that provides 2% sensor str bonus / lvl (both to bot's base value and to the eccm)

Things we are considering, ideas welcome:
-the new extension affect only the eccm
-lowering tunings bonuses
-increasing tuning drawback
-increasing ECCM modules efficiency significantly
-new mechanic (entropy) (forumpost)
-change tunings to add flat ecm strength bonus values

Beastmode: logging into the PTS shows, the extension is not even there anymore.

Annihilator wrote:

Beastmode: logging into the PTS shows, the extension is not even there anymore.

That so? Dangit alf!

yikes

ECM bonus on blue bots nerfed,
stacking behaviour about to be changed.

some bots got sensor strength bonus.

i don't think an extension will be necessary until the previous stuff ist up for mass-testing.

321 (edited by Race Drones 2014-12-05 13:44:48)

BandwagonX9000 wrote:

1. Just as expected. Lol
2. ECMs? When everyone and their mother knows it's suppressors the ones being OP? Lol.
3. "New" EW player utility vs 1 no skill required ECCM? Lol.
4. Not being able to shoot due to EW Bad? Not being able to shoot due to accu raping good? Lol.
5. Accu based mechs being able to mostly ignore accu drain instead? Lol.
6. Not being able to shoot bad. Not being able to move good? Lol.
7. Zenith+ECM+Tuner >> Vaga, unaddressed, unmentioned, and instead get changes in response to whining? Lol.
8. EW Mech+Boosted ECCM? Lol.
9. Proposals of moving ECM (ofc, not supressors) to 10s to 15s? Lol.
10. The idea that fitting an ECCM should make a max skilled EW platform a mere nuisance, idea apparently shared by the devs? Lol.

Whatever. Between this and the RMT thing it is clear you have no idea how the game works or are in the Spacebar FTW Club no matter the consequences down the line. It's also clear that whoever did the balancing previously was not you.

Wise words from a Master!.

(Sith Master from the Dark side) roll

Lamer's never understood why EWar/EnWar bots have less leg slots but more EWar/EnWar strenght and accumulator capabilities.

Ignorance is curable, Stupidity is not.
The "Planet of the Apes" is not science fiction, is a daily reality.
All is in "The Matrix".
See Beyond the Obvious.